Canada vs. Estonia post-match thread (R)

DJT

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

:D

You know what? I just watched this match off a tape and it's completely worthless as an analytical tool.

But Gawd-damn it was fun to watch. A total gas. What a hoot, but completely useless for anything meaningful to football.

Not sure how those who followed the CBC webcast were able to watch because Geezus Christ it was hard enough to follow on Setanta's feed.

Win, lose, draw. Doesn't matter. Today was a complete write off. Thank goodness no one got hurt and years from now this friendly will be a piece of Canadianna. Hilarious.

Will say this, the Setanta commentator had done his homework on Canadian football and Canadian footballers. Came off as being very in the know whether that was real or no. He was full of tid-bits you'd be hard pressed knowing about outside this board or in the small soccer-circles in this country. Good job.

I will say this on a positive note though. This sort of experience can be a real team builder for the lads involved. A unique shared experience. The moral payoff of this match may far offset the otherwise uselessness of it at the end of the day.

I agree 100%.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Joe MacCarthy

I see we have the usual CSA whining (apparently they can now control the weather) and Mitchell bashing.

When, oh when, is somebody going to step up and blame the players. This core group has been together long enough (with each playing at a reasonable competitive level) that they should be getting some results.

The players have to take some ownership. They want high profile friendlies and yet cannot be successful against supposed minnows.

It always makes me laugh, the guys who come on here with the Canada 3-0 predictions. Are you new to Canadian soccer? It is difficult enough for a world class team to get three goals against another, why should we be able to do it. We lost 2-1 to Spain (in Spain). Even "minnows" have professional players with pride and skill.

I don't like to get on the players as they sacrifice themselves playing for their country (which is what it's all about) especially under conditions like today. But it has to be said, that this current group of players seems to lack heart and/or leadership.

I agree 100% with this. While I think Mitchell does deserve some blame for not motivating his team, too often we let the players as a collective get off scott-free, except to roast a certain few chosen players.

Did anyone ever stop to think that maybe we just aren't that good? Or are we all too busy criticizing the usually scapegoats?

Thing is, I didn't really see a lack of player motivation out there today. I did think we looked somewhat complacent & disinterested against South Africa, but I think they looked fairly interested today, even if it was just interest in moving in order to keep warm.

The big problem in the game was we now have a midfield that plays (or prefers to) a quick-pass ball-control type game, and they couldn't do that effectively on the snow like they would normally be able to on grass (or fieldturf).

quote:Originally posted by jonovision

I only saw most of the action out of the corner of my eye (had to pretend to be working) but was the 2nd goal not clearly offside?

I felt that we really did get jobbed by the linesman on a few occasions. Seems like the host broadcaster would agree given their reluctance to show better replays on some of those offside calls

So I didn't bother to watch. There is only so much time in the day to watch football and since I don't believe the CSA is doing anything to deserve my support I just couldn't make the time to watch. However, just now I was curious and checked the CSA site to see the result and who played and who subbed in etc. and NOTHING! Nada! Nill! What a Mickey Mouse organization. They can't even post their International results in a timely fashion. I guess that would require someone in the office with a work ethic. Any kid - male or female - who has aspirations of playing international football should find out where their parents/grandparents were born and find another country.

quote:Originally posted by NS Rooney

So I didn't bother to watch. There is only so much time in the day to watch football and since I don't believe the CSA is doing anything to deserve my support I just couldn't make the time to watch. However, just now I was curious and checked the CSA site to see the result and who played and who subbed in etc. and NOTHING! Nada! Nill! What a Mickey Mouse organization. They can't even post their International results in a timely fashion. I guess that would require someone in the office with a work ethic. Any kid - male or female - who has aspirations of playing international football should find out where their parents/grandparents were born and find another country.

Everything is in the fixture link that you can find here:

http://www.canadasoccer.com/tourney/FIFA_WC/game_profile.asp?gameId=1230

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

I felt that we really did get jobbed by the linesman on a few occasions. Seems like the host broadcaster would agree given their reluctance to show better replays on some of those offside calls

I agree that we did & Estonia also got the benefit of a few "home team" non PK call's in the 2nd half - but I do think the 2nd goal was on-side.

I've only seen the highlight on youtube and it is very close. One of our defenders was in the corner when the play started and may have kept the scorer onside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cjq3B9lrtx8

However, the thing that stands out was that both our CBs (I couldn't tell which one was which on the video) attacked the ball (as well as a recovering midfielder) and all were burned badly. One of them actually had Zahovaiko (the scorer) marked and then left him to put in a desperate and futile lunge on the ball.

He either should have stayed with his mark - or allowed Zahovaiko to run offside while occupying a support position behind and just to the left of the other CB. This way he would have blocked the lane for the pass even if Zahovaiko wasn't offside. It was a basic 'schoolboy' error. The kind of thing that the player will have realized immediately... and probably have pointed out to him a zillion times by his teammates and coaches after the game. Hopefully the shock of it happening in this relatively unimportant match will ensure it never happens again.

I see we have the usual CSA whining (apparently they can now control the weather) and Mitchell bashing.

When, oh when, is somebody going to step up and blame the players. This core group has been together long enough (with each playing at a reasonable competitive level) that they should be getting some results.

The players have to take some ownership. They want high profile friendlies and yet cannot be successful against supposed minnows.

It always makes me laugh, the guys who come on here with the Canada 3-0 predictions. Are you new to Canadian soccer? It is difficult enough for a world class team to get three goals against another, why should we be able to do it. We lost 2-1 to Spain (in Spain). Even "minnows" have professional players with pride and skill.

I don't like to get on the players as they sacrifice themselves playing for their country (which is what it's all about) especially under conditions like today. But it has to be said, that this current group of players seems to lack heart and/or leadership.

Forrest, DeVos and the Vs favourite whipping boy Watson added grit to the lineup. We are missing that element, we don't seem to have any players that the opposition doesn't want to play against. This team needs somebody to stand up and take ownership in the worst way.

Oh, we're allowed to criticize the players now? Sorry, I didn't get your memo...

As fans wanting nothing more than WC qualification, I think everyone is trying to maintain that hope/illusion/delusion. By criticizing the CSA and/or coach we are going after things that can be addressed short term and may have some impact.

To admit that the players are not up to snuff means we are giving up on 2010... It's not like there is a fresh crop of players waiting to take their place - this is it, these are our guys and if they can't get the job done, we'll have to start looking to 2014 (I'm not ready or willing to do that yet!)

quote:Originally posted by Martyr

[However, the thing that stands out was that both our CBs (I couldn't tell which one was which on the video) attacked the ball (as well as a recovering midfielder) and all were burned badly. One of them actually had Zahovaiko (the scorer) marked and then left him to put in a desperate and futile lunge on the ball.

The one in question who had been marking the eventual scorer was Hainault.

Oops! Forgot the reply. 2010 qualification? 2014 qualification? You've got to be kidding! Lets shoot for 2026 qualification. What you have in the CSA is the the football equivalent of a small town town council. They are all too busy pretending that they know what they are doing to actually accomplish anything. Scrap the whole system. Let Stephen Hart - who does know what he is doing - spend the time and money to identify the best 13, 14 & 15 year olds and send them to England, Germany, The Netherlands... and lets hope they are willing to come back and play for Canada under a good international coach. England doesn't have a problem getting a foreign coach so, I wouldn't think Canada should have a problem. Another option; give Stephen Hart the time and resources to train provincial and club coaches to develope young talent. So where does the money come from? A good start would be to fire posers like Dave Benning and Brian Rosenfeld et al. And then. of course, the CSA could avoid stupid (political) decisions that result in expensive law suits. That would save a few bucks. Here is a novel idea; why doesn't the CSA focus on what is best for young footballers and maybe the rest would take care of itself. 2026 here we come!!

quote:Originally posted by L.T.

Oh, we're allowed to criticize the players now? Sorry, I didn't get your memo...

As fans wanting nothing more than WC qualification, I think everyone is trying to maintain that hope/illusion/delusion. By criticizing the CSA and/or coach we are going after things that can be addressed short term and may have some impact.

To admit that the players are not up to snuff means we are giving up on 2010... It's not like there is a fresh crop of players waiting to take their place - this is it, these are our guys and if they can't get the job done, we'll have to start looking to 2014 (I'm not ready or willing to do that yet!)

Well said. Thats why some of us have to stand up before we start advocating things that dont really address the problems.

For too long we always scapegoated the same people. Not to say that they should be exonerated, But the fact remains that the game is played on the pitch; eleven men versus eleven men. The team that has more talent in that collection will win most of the time. Its sounds to simple to be worth mentioning. But if there were talented individuals coming through the system, would there be the same complaints.

Thats said, you still have to be concerned when a coach is just not getting the results.

Well said. Thats why some of us have to stand up before we start advocating things that dont really address the problems.

For too long we always scapegoated the same people. Not to say that they should be exonerated, But the fact remains that the game is played on the pitch; eleven men versus eleven men. The team that has more talent in that collection will win most of the time. Its sounds to simple to be worth mentioning. But if there were talented individuals coming through the system, would there be the same complaints.

Thats said, you still have to be concerned when a coach is just not getting the results.

See my post above!

quote:Originally posted by L.T.

Exactly...these guys are heros. They:

a. Travel all over the world to play - in any conditions.

b. Get given the cheapest plane tickets possible.

c. Rarely see each other.

d. Do not get proper training camps.

e. Do not get proper coaching.

f. Do not get proper funding.

g. Do not get enough preparation in general

h. Lose their jobs to represent Canada.

i. Lose their staring positions to represent Canada.

h. etc...

I may criticize a players ability, but I will never shift the blame to the players.

Well, here they are. Here are the villains responsible for us only making the World Cup once and losing to Estonia:

Achilleos, Marios

Adam, Robert 17 D 0 0

Adams, Tony - N/A 0 0

Ademolu, Stephen 25 F 2 0 NOR / Tromsø I.L.

Afonso, Chris 37 D 0 0

Aganastopoulos, Frank - N/A 0 0

Aguiar, Fernando 36 M 13 0 POR / Gondomar S.C.

Akuoko, Johnson 19 F 0 0

Albanis, Nick 46 N/A 0 0

Alberti, Carlo 48 D 0 0

Albuquerque, Oscar - M 0 0

Ali, - - N/A 0 0

Almeida, Carlos 46 F 0 0

Alvarez, Jason - M 0 0

Amoako, Salomon 35 D 0 0

Ancilli, Dino - N/A 0 0

Anderson, George - N/A 7 0

Angel-Mira, Jorge 19 M 0 0 CAN-CIS / University of British Columbia

Angelini, Dave 40 G 0 0

Antonio, - - N/A 0 0

Antonucci, --- - N/A 0 0

Arango, Andres 24 D 0 0 USL / Impact de Montréal

Arche, Steve - N/A 0 0

Archibald, Don - N/A 4 3

Ariganello, Ottavio - N/A 0 0

Aristodemo, Robbie 30 M 7 0

Asante, Richard 23 D 0 0 USL-PDL / Toronto Lynx

Ashfield, Dave - G 0 0

Ashton, Brian - N/A 0 0

Attakora-Gyan, Nana 19 D 0 0 MLS / Toronto FC

Aubert, Gary - N/A 1 1

Augustin, Francesco - N/A 0 0

Augustin, Ivan - N/A 0 0

Aujla, Robbie 36 M 0 0

Aunger, Geoff 40 M 44 4

Awuakye, Joseph 20 D 0 0

Ayre, Garry 54 N/A 15 0

Ayre, Keegan 19 M 0 0 SCO / Berwick Rangers FC (on loan from Hibernian FC)

Baarts, Justin 17 G 0 0

Babineau, Olivier 20 M 0 0

Babstock, Jeff - N/A 0 0

Bachar, Danny 19 D 0 0

Baillie, Jimmy - N/A 1 0

Baird, Iain 45 D 9 0

Baird, Jim - N/A 0 0

Baker, - - N/A 0 0

Baker, Jerome - F 0 0

Bakic, Mike 55 N/A 4 2

Baldeh, Ibrahim 20 M 0 0 CAN-CSL / Trois-Rivières Attak

Baptiste, - - N/A 0 0

Barber, Ryan - N/A 0 0

Barbieri, Carmelo - N/A 1 0

Barbiero, - - N/A 0 0

Bardossy, Karl 20 F 0 0

Barling, Brent 46 F 0 0

Barnes, Harry - N/A 1 0

Barsalona, Andrew 17 M 0 0

Bassi, Derrick - D 0 0

Basta, --- - N/A 0 0

Batchelor, Gary - N/A 4 0

Battison, Rob - N/A 0 0

Baxter, Dale 46 G 0 0

Beaulieu-Bourgault, Jonathan 19 M 0 0 GER / FC St. Pauli

Beckie, Drew 17 N/A 0 0

Beckwith, Harry - N/A 0 0

Bedenikovic, Marko 23 N/A 0 0 CAN / Toronto Croatia

Begovic, Asmir 20 G 0 0 ENG / Portsmouth

Belan, Joe - N/A 0 0

Belfiore, Ivan 47 D 0 0

Bell, - - N/A 1 0

Belotte, André 36 D 0 0

Belotte, Wyn 23 F 0 0

Benedetti, Bob - N/A 0 0

Benjamin, Aaron 29 N/A 0 0

Bennett, Chris - F 6 1

Benning, David 38 D 0 0

Bent, Jason 31 M 32 0

Berdusco, Eddy 38 N/A 18 4

Bereza, Myron - N/A 2 0

Berg, Nicolas - M 0 0

Bernier, Patrice 28 M 28 0 GER / FC Kaiserslautern

Berrigan, Matt 17 M/F 0 0

Berry, Jim - N/A 3 0

Berry, John - N/A 1 0

Bethune, Patrick 15 G 0 0

Bewell, Harry - N/A 0 0

Biaoni, Loris - N/A 0 0

Biello, Mauro 35 M 4 0 USL / Impact de Montréal

Bilecki, Zeljko 57 N/A 3 0

Bimba, Osmo 16 D 0 0

Bingham, HP - N/A 0 0

Birarda, Bob - N/A 0 0

Birch, L.R. - G 0 0

Bircham, Marc 29 M 17 1 ENG / Yeovil Town

Birdi, - - N/A 0 0

Blakley, Jason 18 G 0 0

Blicharski, Nicolas 23 M 0 0

Bodnark, Richard - N/A 0 0

Boin, Guido 40 D 0 0

Bolitho, Bob 55 N/A 23 2

Bonar, Gregory 24 G 0 0

Bonifacio, Brandon 18 M 0 0 NED / Cambuur-Leeuwarden

Bordignon, Paolo 36 M 0 0

Borella, Lorenzo 20 G 0 0 CSL / Trois-Rivières Attak

Borsellino, Gaspare 26 M/F 0 0

Bortolussi, Claudio - N/A 0 0

Bosch, Kurt 32 D 0 0

Boskovic, Sasha - N/A 0 0

Bosnakovic, Svotozar - N/A 0 0

Bott, S. - G 0 0

Bowes, Brian - G 0 0

Bowman, Aaron Fred - N/A 0 0

Bowman, Cameron 36 M 0 0

Bowman, Fred - N/A 5 0

Bowman, Walter Wells - N/A 0 0

Boyle, Paul 37 D 0 0

Bradossy, Karl - N/A 0 0

Braich, Harman 19 D 0 0

Braithwaite, Shyle 21 F 0 0

Braletic, Alex 21 M/F 0 0 CAN-CSL / Serbian White Eagles

Brand, Jack 54 G 1 0

Brar, Manvir 16 M 0 0

Braz, Adam 26 D 12 0 USL / Impact de Montréal

Breen, Bill - N/A 0 0

Breganski, Zachary - N/A 1 0

Brennan, Jim 30 M 44 6 MLS / Toronto FC

Breuer, Hans - N/A 0 0

Breure, Cory - G 0 0

Bridge, Ian 48 D 33 5

Britner, Matthew 22 D 0 0 NCAA / Brown University

Brkich, Michael - N/A 0 0

Brodsgaard, Shel 37 G 0 0

Brolley, Bill - N/A 4 0

Brown, Len - N/A 0 0

Brown, Matthew 18 N/A 0 0

Brown, Scott 19 M 0 0

Brubacher, Solomon - N/A 0 0

Bruno, Francesco 23 M 0 0

Buchanan, --- - N/A 0 0

Buckham, Daryl - N/A 0 0

Buckland, Jeffrey 39 N/A 0 0

Budalic, Nikola 29 F 0 0 CAN-CSL / Serbian White Eagles

Budd, Brian 56 N/A 7 2

Bullen, Brian 41 N/A 0 0

Bunbury, Alex 40 F 64 17

Bunbury, Teal 18 N/A 0 0

Burke, Angus 21 F 0 0

Burke, Mike - F 0 0

Burnell, Adam 32 N/A 0 0

Burness, Gordon - N/A 1 1

Burns, Steven - N/A 0 0

Burns, Tim - N/A 0 0

Buxton, Kyle 18 G 0 0

Cadenas, Richardo 35 D 0 0

Cairns, Buster 83 D 3 0

Caldwell, Garrett 34 G 0 0

Cambridge, Jeff 41 N/A 7 0

Cameron, Kevan - N/A 0 0

Campbell, George - N/A 1 0

Campbell, Jordan 17 G 0 0

Campbell, Ken 36 D 0 0

Cañizalez, Maycoll 25 M 5 1 MLS / Toronto FC

Cann, Adrian 27 D 1 0 USL / Vancouver Whitecaps

Capasso, Tony 32 N/A 0 0

Capone, Francesco 16 D 0 0

Caprio, Massimo 35 M 0 0

Caputo, John - N/A 0 0

Cardenas, Stalin Junio - N/A 0 0

Carey, Charlie - N/A 0 0

Carey, Dean - N/A 0 0

Carrié, Cédric 17 M 0 0

Carter, Ian 40 D 8 0

Cartwright, Arthur - N/A 1 0

Casalinuovo, Marco - N/A 0 0

Castledine, Ken - G 0 0

Catley, Adam 20 G 0 0 CAN-CSL / St. Catharines

Catliff, John 43 F 43 18

Caulfield, Stefan 21 G 0 0 NCAA / Virginia Tech

Ceccarelli, Paolo - G 0 0

Celebrini, Rick 40 D 0 0

Cepo, Davor 35 F 0 0

Cesari, Eric - N/A 0 0

Cesario, Sandro 35 F 0 0

Chalmers, Orlin - N/A 0 0

Chan-Yu-Tin, Kevin 17 M 0 0

Chapman, --- - N/A 0 0

Chapman, Harry - N/A 4 0

Charowski, Tomasz 22 M 0 0 USL-PDL / Cary RailHawks

Chaudhuri, Shomesh 18 F 0 0

Chenard, Denis 20 D 0 0

Chiarella, - - N/A 0 0

Chin, Gordon 25 D/M 0 0 USL / Charleston Battery

Christman, Otto 128 M 0 0

Chueden, Christopher 47 F 6 1

Chursky, Alex 24 F 0 0

Chursky, Tony 54 G 18 0

Ciaccia, Mike - N/A 2 0

Ciaravino, Giuseppe - N/A 0 0

Ciccarelli, Carmine 34 G 0 0

Ciccone, Rob 38 N/A 0 0

Civello, Rob - N/A 0 0

Clark, Chris - N/A 0 0

Clark, Tony 37 M 0 0

Clarke, - N/A 2 0

Clarke, Jeff 30 M 19 1 USL / Vancouver Whitecaps

Clarke, Murray - N/A 0 0

Clarke, Shaun 19 F 0 0

Clemente, Dave 29 G 0 0

Cleugh, Robbie 45 M 0 0

Clifford, --- - N/A 0 0

Clyne, Alvin 31 N/A 0 0

Cobby, Kevin - M 0 0

Cocking, Malcolm 58 D 0 0

Cole, Chris - N/A 0 0

Collins, Russell - N/A 0 0

Collu-Marchese, Massimo 19 G 0 0

Colvin, Brett 18 M 0 0

Colvin, Sean 16 F 0 0

Commisso, Cosimo - N/A 3 0

Compostella, John - N/A 0 0

Concina, Enzo - N/A 4 1

Connor, Billy - N/A 4 0

Connor, John - N/A 0 0

Contanas, John - N/A 0 0

Contreras, Hector 20 M 0 0

Copeland, Doug - N/A 0 0

Corapi, - - N/A 0 0

Corazzin, Carlo 36 F 59 11

Cornolo, Graziano - N/A 0 0

Corsi, Jim - N/A 0 0

Cortelucci, Gabriel - N/A 0 0

Costouros, Joseph 17 F 0 0

Cowan, Jack - D 0 0

Craig, Bill - G 0 0

Craveiro, Chris 31 N/A 0 0

Crawley, Frank - N/A 3 0

Cromack, - - N/A 0 0

Crowell, Ryan 17 M/F 0 0

Csabai, Rob 37 M 0 0

Cubellis, Pat 41 N/A 6 1

Cucca, Umbertino - N/A 0 0

Curran, Rick 34 M 0 0

Czoli, Pedro 21 D 0 0

D'Agostino, Michael 21 M 0 0 ENG / Blackpool

D'Alexis, Gaspard 48 N/A 0 0

D'Amario, Paul 17 D 0 0

D'Annunzio, - - N/A 0 0

D'Onofrio, Carmine 33 N/A 0 0

Dalombo, Omar 34 N/A 0 0

Daly, - - N/A 0 0

Danese, Rocco - N/A 0 0

Dasovic, Nick 39 D/M 63 2

Dastaridis, Apostolis - N/A 0 0

Davidson, Jack - N/A 4 1

Davidson, Steve - N/A 0 0

Davies, Philippe 17 M 0 0

Davis, Cardin 18 D/M 0 0

Davis, Myles 21 D 0 0

De Chantal Dumont, Samuel - D 0 0

de Guzman, Julian 27 M 29 2 ESP / Deportivo La Coruna

de Jong, Marcel 21 M 1 0 NED / Roda JC

De Luca, Marco 40 F 0 0

De Luca, Pasquale 45 M 19 1

De Rosario, Dwayne 29 M 46 13 MLS / Houston Dynamo

De Santis, Nick 40 M 9 1 USL / Impact de Montréal - head coach

De Serpa, Kevin - N/A 0 0

de Vos, Jason 34 D 49 4 ENG / Ipswich Town FC

Dean, Jason 35 M 0 0

Deardon, Barry - N/A 3 0

DeCiantis, Orazio - G 0 0

Defaveru, Rob - N/A 0 0

DeGabriele, Kevin 35 M 0 0

Dekker, Niels 24 F 0 0

Dekovic, - - N/A 0 0

Delpippo, Trevor 21 D 0 0

Demers, Philippe 18 M 0 0

Denchuk, Ken - G 0 0

Denkowski, Dragoslav - N/A 0 0

Deol, Manav 18 M 0 0

Depietrantonio, Paolo 29 N/A 0 0

DeRoy, Jordan 19 M 0 0

Devenney, Bryan 30 D 0 0

Devenport, Ross - G 0 0

Dhaliwal, Paul 26 G 0 0

Di Biase, Anthony 19 D 0 0

Di Ioia, Massimo 20 F 0 0 USL / Impact de Montréal

Di Pasquale, John 42 D 0 0

Di Sano, Giancarlo 21 F 0 0

Diaz, Ian 31 M 0 0

Dickson, Ed - N/A 0 0

Dierden, Fred - N/A 9 0

DiFlorio, Gino 43 M 1 0

DiLuca, Bob - N/A 4 0

Dinkota, Serge - D 0 0

Dinnie, A. Fred - N/A 1 0

Diotte, Patrick 40 D 4 0

DiPede, Enzo - G 0 0

Diplacido, Dave - N/A 0 0

DiTullio, Jason 24 M 0 0 USL / Impact de Montréal

Djekanovic, Srdjan 25 G 0 0 MLS / Toronto FC

Djokic, Misha - N/A 0 0

Dodd, Mike - N/A 0 0

Dodds, Rhian 28 M 0 0 SCO / Kilmarnock F.C.

Doherty, Alan - N/A 0 0

Dolan, Paul 41 G 52 0

Doliscat, Rudy 40 D 5 1

Doll, Fred - N/A 0 0

Domazetis, Billy 40 F 0 0

Donev, Kris 29 N/A 0 0

Donia, Angelo 35 F 0 0

Dorego, Mark - N/A 0 0

Dosanjh, Gagandeep 17 N/A 0 0

Douglas, Jimmy 59 M 14 1

Doutkevitch, Roman 19 M 0 0

Ducker, George - D 0 0

Duehrsen, Christopher 30 N/A 0 0

Duerden, Peter - N/A 0 0

Dunfield, Terry 25 M 0 0 ENG / Macclesfield Town

Dutra, Waldemar 25 M 0 0

Easton, Jim - N/A 7 0

Edgar, David 20 D 0 0 ENG / Newcastle United F.C.

Edmunds, Ernie - N/A 4 0

Edouard, Vladamir - N/A 0 0

Edwini-Bonsu, Randy 17 F 0 0

Ellett, Neil - D/M 7 0

Elligott, David 34 N/A 0 0

Elliott, Alex 20 F 0 0 GER / Sportfreunde Siegen

Emmanuel, Sherwin 21 M 0 0

Englefield, Jamie 34 G 0 0

Engman, Mark - N/A 0 0

Epoh, Serge - N/A 0 0

Ercoli, Pat - N/A 1 0

Espinoso, Gad 36 N/A 0 0

Eustache, Peter - N/A 0 0

Evans, John - N/A 0 0

Fales, Jamie - N/A 0 0

Falzon, Charlie 46 M 9 0

Farrer, Alan - N/A 0 0

Faulkner, Roy 74 N/A 3 1

Felix, Terry 47 N/A 3 0

Fenwick, Paul 38 D 33 0

Ferguson, Don 45 G 11 0

Ferguson, Drew 50 N/A 0 0

Fermanis, Chris 34 D 0 0

Fernandes, Daniel 24 G 0 0 GRE / PAOK FC

Fernandes, Darren 36 F 0 0

Fernandes, Elton - M 0 0

Fernandez, - - N/A 0 0

Fitzgerald, John 39 M 12 0

Flatt, Steven - N/A 0 0

Fleming, Bob - N/A 0 0

Fletcher, Carl 36 D 40 2

Flett, Steve - N/A 0 0

Flores, - - N/A 0 0

Ford, John - N/A 0 0

Ford, Leslie - N/A 6 0

Forrest, Craig 40 G 56 0

Forrest, George - F 7 2

Forsyth, David 155 N/A 0 0

Foy, - - N/A 1 0

Franks, Chris 33 N/A 1 0

Franks, Mike 30 G 0 0

Franzon, Graziano - N/A 0 0

Fraser, Hugh - N/A 0 0

Fraser, Iain 44 D 30 0

Fraser, John A. - N/A 0 0

Fraser, Sean 27 M 0 0 CHN / Nanchang Bayi

Friel, Sean 36 D 0 0

Friend, Rob 27 F 15 1 GER / Borussia Mönchengladbach

Fronimadis, David 25 D 1 0 USL / Impact de Montréal

Gage, Ethan 16 D 0 0

Gala, Gabe 18 D/M 0 0 MLS / Toronto FC

Gallagher, Danny 29 N/A 0 0 CAN-CSL / St. Catharines

Gallop, Steve - G 0 0

Galloway, Jimmy - N/A 2 0

Gant, Brayden 17 M 0 0

Gant, Brian 55 D 15 0

Garbe, Dimy - N/A 0 0

Garcia, Andy 23 F 0 0

Garraway, Ken - N/A 22 0

Garrett, Alexander Noble - N/A 0 0

Garrick, Noel - N/A 0 0

Gasparini, Robbie 36 F 0 0

Gaudet, Derek 18 F 0 0

Gawryluk, John - G 0 0

Gbeke, Charles 30 F 1 0 USL / Impact de Montréal

Gemeri, Tibor 56 N/A 1 0

Gerba, Ali 25 F 15 5 GER / FC Ingolstadt

Gervais, Gabriel 31 D 11 0 USL / Impact de Montréal

Ghantz, - - N/A 0 0

Giacomi, Roberto 21 G 0 0

Gibbons, Jason 35 F 0 0

Gibson, Alex - N/A 0 0

Gibson, Bill - N/A 4 1

Gibson, Tom - N/A 0 0

Giezen, Robbie 19 N/A 0 0

Gilbert, Nick 42 D 9 1

Gilfillan, Peter 42 D 1 0

Gill, Graham - D 0 0

Gill, Jaswinder 19 G 0 0

Gill, Steve - M 0 0

Giorgi, Dominic - N/A 0 0

Girard, Liam 23 D 0 0

Gittens, Gerren 19 D 0 0

Godfrey, Elliott 25 F 0 0 ENG / Hampton & Richmond Borough

Gomez, Emmanuel 21 M 0 0

Gonzales, Joaquin 37 N/A 0 0

Goodheart, Robbie - N/A 0 0

Gordon, Dr. Edward Payson - N/A 0 0

Gourlay, John B. - N/A 0 0

Gourlay, Parnell - N/A 0 0

Graham, Alec - N/A 0 0

Graham, George - N/A 1 1

Grande, Sandro 30 M 12 1 NOR / Molde F.K.

Grant, Kevin - N/A 9 0

Grant, Paul 37 M 0 0

Grasso, Domenico 17 D 0 0

Gray, - - N/A 0 0

Gray, A.J. 19 M 0 0 MLS / Toronto FC

Gray, Gerry 47 F 33 2

Greco, Peter - G 3 0

Greedy, Ian 16 F 0 0

Greenlaw, Marcus 16 M 0 0

Greig, Doug 80 F 3 0

Grewal, Sam 35 M 0 0

Grimes, James 40 F 4 1

Guidi, Kevin - N/A 0 0

Gunenc, Devin 18 M 0 0

Guzman, David 23 M 0 0 MLS / Toronto FC

Gyaki, Ryan 22 M 0 0 GER / F.C. Hansa Rostock

Gyorio, Mozesh 18 M 0 0

Haber, Marcus 19 F 0 0 NED / FC Groningen

Habermann, Sven 46 G 11 0

Hainault, André 21 D 10 0 CZE / Sparta Praha (on loan from FK SIAD Most)

Haithwaite, Evan 17 N/A 0 0

Hall, Alex M. - N/A 0 0

Hall, Kyle 22 M/F 0 0 Syracuse University

Halliday, Jeremy - M 0 0

Halliwell, Art - G 2 0

Hames, Paul - N/A 0 0

Hamilton, - - N/A 0 0

Hammond, Jonathan 17 M/F 0 0

Hansen, Harold - N/A 2 0

Harley, Bob 119 N/A 7 0

Harmse, Kevin 23 D/M 6 0 MLS / Toronto FC

Haroon, Amir 21 M 0 0

Harper, Bill - N/A 1 0

Harrington, Pat 42 G 1 0

Harris, Ken - N/A 0 0

Hart, Andreas 16 M 0 0

Hart, Sean 16 N/A 0 0

Hartlen, Kyle 17 G 0 0

Harvey, Alan - N/A 4 0

Hastings, Richard 30 D/M 45 1 SCO / Inverness CT

Hatley, Graham 47 M 0 0

Haughn, Christopher 19 M 0 0

Hayward, Paul - N/A 0 0

Heald, Oliver 33 N/A 0 0

Heap, Tony - M 0 0

Hemming, Tyler 22 D 0 0 MLS / Toronto FC

Hemphill, Ben 17 D 0 0

Henderson, Albert 126 N/A 0 0

Hermiston, Brennan 22 N/A 0 0

Hikida, Richard 34 N/A 0 0

Hilder, Glen - N/A 0 0

Hillman, Russ - N/A 0 0

Hirschfeld, Lars 29 G 22 0 ROM / CFR Cluj

Ho, Brandon 16 M/F 0 0

Hobbs, Gavin 24 D 0 0

Hodgson, Dustin 24 N/A 0 0

Hoefler, Christian - N/A 0 0

Holness, Kevin 36 M 9 2

Hood, J - N/A 1 0

Hooker, Andrew - N/A 0 0

Hooper, Lyndon 41 D 66 3

Horne, Lorne - N/A 0 0

Horrocks, Chris - D 12 0

Houle, Larry 42 G 0 0

Howard, Dick 64 N/A 5 0

Hughes, Art 77 F 4 2

Hughes, Dylan 23 F 0 0

Hughes, John - D 5 0

Hughes, Jordan 23 N/A 0 0 USL / Charleston Battery

Hughes, Tyler 27 N/A 0 0

Hume, Iain 24 F 22 2 ENG / Leicester City

Humphrey, Desmond - D 0 0 CAN-CSL / Italia Shooters

Humphreys, Jarrett - G 0 0

Hutchinson, Atiba 25 M 32 2 DEN / F.C. København

Hyde, William 17 M 0 0

Iacobellis, Sam - N/A 0 0

Ianiero, Lucio 41 M 17 1

Iarusci, Robert 53 D 26 2

Ilcu, Mircea 17 F 0 0

Imhof, Daniel 30 M 35 0 GER / VfL Bochum

Ion, Gordie - N/A 2 0

Ion, Greg 45 M 6 0

Irving, - - N/A 0 0

Isacco, - - G 0 0

Izatt, Keith 44 D 2 0

Jackson, Simeon 21 M 0 0 ENG / Gillingham FC

Jaimes, David 17 F 0 0

Jakovic, Dejan 22 D/M 1 0 NCAA / University of Alabama Birmingham

James, Paul 44 M 47 2

Janc, Craig 38 N/A 0 0

Janjicek, Marko 22 M 0 0

Jansen, Steve 40 D 8 0

Janssen, Adam 17 G 0 0

Jaramillo, Josue 19 F 0 0

Jazic, Ante 32 D/M 22 0 MLS / Los Angeles Galaxy

Jean, - - N/A 0 0

Jedig, --- - N/A 0 0

Jeffrey, Ian 28 N/A 0 0

Jennings, W.J. - N/A 0 0

Jesic, Damir 29 D 0 0

Johnson, -- - N/A 0 0

Johnson, Danley - N/A 0 0

Johnson, Glen 56 F 8 1

Johnson, Will 21 F 4 0 NED / De Graafschap (on loan)

Johnston, Albert - N/A 0 0

Johnstone, Marcus 18 M 0 0

Jonke, Frank 23 F 0 0 NCAA / University of Louisville

Jonke, John 21 D 0 0

Jordan, Jason 29 F 0 0 USL / Vancouver Whitecaps

Jordan, Jimmy 16 N/A 0 0

Josan, Gagandeep - M 0 0

Kaemingk, Daniel 27 N/A 0 0

Kaiser, Burk 40 D 0 0

Kalinowski, Tim 19 G 0 0

Kalthoff, Zach 19 G 0 0 ENG / Southampton FC

Kambere, Diaz 22 D 0 0 USL / Vancouver Whitecaps FC

Kapongo, Amuri 20 F 0 0

Kappos, Stathis 28 D 1 0 GRE / Messiniakos Kalamata

Karanis, John - N/A 0 0

Karim, Alim 24 G 0 0

Karpun, Mark - N/A 1 0

Kassaye, Simon 22 D/M 0 0

Katakalidis, George - N/A 0 0

Kauck, Karl - N/A 0 0

Kellar, Bill - N/A 0 0

Kelly, - - N/A 1 0

Kelly, Jim - N/A 0 0

Kelly, Patrick 21 M 0 0

Kennaway, Joe 103 N/A 1 0

Kennedy, Rory 19 D 0 0

Kerek, Robert 20 M 0 0

Kern, Greg 44 D 12 0

Kerr, John 64 N/A 10 0

Khlynin, Eugene - N/A 0 0

Kijowski, Daniel 17 D/M 0 0

Killer, Fred - N/A 0 0

Kindel, Dennis 26 G 0 0

Kindel, Steve 30 M 4 0 USL / Vancouver Whitecaps

Klass, Kwesi - N/A 0 0

Klein, Marcus - N/A 0 0

Klukowski, Mike 26 D/M 11 0 BEL / Club Brugge KV

Knezevic, - - N/A 0 0

Kodejs, Shawn 17 D 0 0

Kodelja, Victor 56 N/A 9 1

Kojic, Milan 31 D 0 0

Kouzmanis, Tom 34 F 5 3

Kovar, Jozsef - M 0 0

Kowan, Andrew 19 G 0 0

Kozak, Peter - N/A 0 0

Kusch, Garret 34 N/A 21 1

Kussner, Art - N/A 0 0

Lacoste-Lebuis, Olivier 17 D 0 0 FRA / Racing Club Strasbourg U-18

Lagarec, Antoine 37 G 0 0

Lalli, Franco 23 M/F 0 0

Lam, Matthew 18 M 0 0 NED / Ajax

Lammie, Selvin (Shane) 19 M 0 0

Lane, Robert 58 M 0 0

Lang, Adam 20 D 0 0 NCAA / University of Washington

Larkin, Jim 32 N/A 0 0

Lassonde, Fabrice 19 D 0 0

Latendresse Lévesque, Julien 17 G 0 0

Lawrence, Tony - N/A 0 0

Leal, Eric 17 D 0 0

Lecce, Tony - N/A 8 0

Ledgerwood, Nikolas 23 M 1 0 GER / TSV 1860 München

Leduc, Patrick 30 M 3 0 USL / Impact de Montréal

Lee, Adam 29 N/A 0 0

Lee, Graham - N/A 0 0

Lee, Paul - N/A 1 0

Leko, Christopher 18 M 0 0

Lemire, Chris 24 M/F 0 0

Lenarduzzi, Bob 52 D 47 4

Lenarduzzi, Danny 48 D 0 0

Lenarduzzi, Sam 58 D 29 0

Lensky, Jacob 19 M 0 0 NED / Feyenoord Rotterdam

Leo, - - N/A 0 0

Leslie, Stefan 20 D 0 0 NCAA / Trinity Western University

Lettieri, Tino 51 G 23 0

Leversedge, - - N/A 0 0

Levitt, Jason - N/A 0 0

Lewis, Allan 29 N/A 0 0

Li, Nathan 23 M 0 0

Limniatis, John 40 M 44 1

Lindley, Thomas 23 G 0 0

Ling, Landon 20 N/A 0 0 CZE / FK Jablonec

Linning, Bill - N/A 6 2

Linton, Ernest 128 G 0 0

Llewellyn, Adrian - N/A 0 0

Lo Presti, Franco 17 M 0 0

Lofranco, Frank 39 M 0 0

Lombardo, Andrea 20 F 0 0 MLS / Toronto FC

London, Steve 31 G 0 0

Lopez, Dino 39 D 1 0

Lopez, Shane 19 G 0 0

Loreth, Joey 21 D 0 0 NCAA / University of Oregon

Loughlin, Jim 38 D 0 0

Lowery, Jamie 47 M 19 1

Lowther, Shaun 46 N/A 14 0

Luk, Michael 21 M 0 0 NCAA / St. John's University

Lumley, Stephen 20 D 0 0 MLS / Toronto FC

Lupton, Mike - N/A 0 0

MacDonald, Ross 30 G 0 0

MacDonald, Scott 18 M 0 0

MacDonald, Steven 37 D 6 1

Macey, Scott 35 N/A 0 0

MacKay, Ike 59 F 9 1

MacKenzie, David - N/A 0 0

MacLean, Ian 41 N/A 3 0

Magill, Mike - N/A 0 0

Maginnis Castro, Octavio 18 D 0 0

Mahoney, Matt 31 N/A 0 0

Maid, - - N/A 0 0

Maio, Steve 29 N/A 0 0

Maione, Sergio - N/A 0 0

Majcher, Joseph - N/A 3 0

Malcolm, -- - N/A 0 0

Malcolm, William - N/A 0 0

Malhi, Dalvir 18 F 0 0

Malloy, Wilson - N/A 0 0

Maras, Marinko 19 M 0 0

Marcantonio, Carmine 53 M 2 0

Marin, Oscar - N/A 0 0

Marinaro, Hector - N/A 6 0

Marini, - - G 1 0

Maros, Jason 36 G 0 0

Marrello, Alex 19 M 0 0

Marshall, Winston 25 D 0 0

Martin, Craig 50 D 6 0

Martinez, Christopher 17 D 0 0

Masciantonio, David 26 M 0 0 ITA / Benevento

Mathot, Jason 29 M 0 0

Matondo, Sita-Taty 23 M 1 0 USL / Impact de Montréal

Matthews, Devin 24 M 0 0

Mayard, Pierre-Rudolph 20 F 0 0 CAN-CSL / Trois-Rivieres Attak

Mazzucco, Ralph - N/A 0 0

Mazzuco, - - N/A 0 0

McAvan, Bob - N/A 0 0

McCaig, David 47 M 0 0

McCallum, Gavin 20 M 0 0 ENG / Weymouth F.C.

McCallum, Trevor 46 N/A 18 0

McCauley, Steve 31 D 0 0

McClements, Bruce - N/A 0 0

McCole, Thomas 19 M 0 0

McConkey, Bill - N/A 0 0

McDill, --- - N/A 0 0

McDonald, --- - N/A 0 0

McDonald, Gordon - N/A 0 0

McDonald, Jim - N/A 4 0

McEachern, Neil - N/A 0 0

McEachern, Scott 22 D 0 0 CAN-CIS / Simon Fraser University

McEachnie, Neil - N/A 0 0

McFarlane, Andrew - N/A 0 0

McGhee, Michael 38 N/A 0 0

McGill, David 47 D 0 0

McGrane, John 54 D/M 12 0

McGuffin, Kyle 37 D 0 0

McGuire, John - N/A 0 0

McIntosh, Christopher - N/A 0 0

McKean, Bill - N/A 2 0

McKendrick, John - N/A 0 0

McKenna, Kevin 28 F/D 37 9 GER / 1. FC Köln

McKenzie, Dave - N/A 2 0

McKinty, Doug 39 F 1 0

McKnight, Kelly - G 0 0

McLaine, Ed - N/A 2 1

McLean, Mitch - N/A 7 0

McLenaghen, Mike 53 N/A 8 0

McLeod, Billy - F 0 0

McLeod, Gordon - N/A 0 0

McLeod, Kerr 20 M 0 0

McLeod, Norman 69 N/A 4 1

McLeod, Wes 50 D 17 1

McLoughlin, Jim 51 N/A 0 0

McManus, John - N/A 0 0

McMillan, Eddie 29 N/A 0 0

McMullin, Bevin - N/A 0 0

McNally, Ed - N/A 4 0

McNaught, Doug 40 N/A 2 0

McPate, Ralph - N/A 4 2

McPherson, --- - N/A 0 0

McQueen, Dave 46 N/A 0 0

McQueen, Mark - N/A 0 0

McQuillin, Scott 37 G 0 0

Megraw, Robin - N/A 0 0

Melo, Philip - N/A 0 0

Menezes, Tony 33 D 27 0

Merriman, Chris 17 D 0 0

Mesanovic, Semir 27 F 0 0

Meuleman, Pieter 27 G 0 0

Miernicki, - - N/A 0 0

Millar, Bill - N/A 1 0

Millar, Steve 37 M 0 0

Miller, Bruce 50 F 8 2

Miller, Colin 43 D 61 5

Milligan, Bill - N/A 4 0

Miniaci, Jason 25 M 0 0

Misiewicz, Michal 17 G 0 0

Mitchell, Dale 49 F 55 19

Mobilio, Domenic 35 F 25 3

Moir, James - N/A 1 0

Monaghan, -- - N/A 0 0

Monaghan, Jack - N/A 4 0

Monje, Juan - N/A 0 0

Monsalve, David 19 G 0 0 MLS / Toronto FC

Moon, Malcolm - N/A 4 0

Moore, Terry 49 D 11 0

Morgan, Ashtone 17 D 0 0

Morgan, Gareth - N/A 0 0

Morgan, Kareem - N/A 0 0

Mori, Mat - N/A 0 0

Morielli, Gerry - N/A 0 0

Morrison, Kenneth 21 N/A 0 0

Morrow, Garry - N/A 0 0

Mosher, Harry - N/A 4 0

Mosher, Mike 38 N/A 0 0

Mozley, Bert - D 0 0

Muirhead, Doug 45 N/A 3 1

Muñoz, Eric 30 M/F 0 0

Munson, Scott - N/A 3 0

Murdock, Zachary 20 N/A 0 0

Murray, Sandy - N/A 0 0

Murray, Tristan 22 M 0 0

Mustard, Dr. Wilfred Pirt - N/A 0 0

Nagy, Lajos 47 N/A 0 0

Nakajima-Farran, Issey 23 M 10 0 DEN / FC Nordsjælland

Nakajima-Farran, Paris 18 D 0 0 DEN / Næstved BK

Napoleao, Bruno 20 D 0 0

Nash, Martin 32 M 38 2 USL / Vancouver Whitecaps

Nasser, Hassan 18 F 0 0

Needham, Grant - N/A 1 0

Nesin, Steve - N/A 3 0

Ness, George - D 0 0

Newport, Riley 17 M 0 0

Nguyen, Pierre - N/A 0 0

Nicol, Bill - N/A 0 0

Nicolini, Victor - N/A 0 0

Nielson, Danny 22 M 0 0

Niermann, James 19 G 0 0

Nieuwenhuis, - - N/A 0 0

Nightengale, Nick 21 G 0 0

Nocita, Tony 44 M 8 0

Noga, Frank - D 0 0

Nonni, Michael 18 M 0 0 NED / FC Groningen A1

Norman, Dave 45 M 51 1

Norris, David - N/A 0 0

Noseworthy, Hank - N/A 3 0

Nothdurft, Ray - N/A 0 0

Nsaliwa, Tam 26 M 11 0 GRE / AEK Athens FC

Nsame, Bawe Sahlar 17 F 0 0

Ntakos, Peter - N/A 0 0

Nuñez, Cristian 19 M 0 0 USL / Impact de Montréal

O'Connor, Kent 21 D 0 0 GER / FSV Oggersheim

O'Connor, Matthew - N/A 0 0 CAN-CSL / Italia Shooters

O'Connor, Miles 25 M 0 0 CAN-CSL / Italia Shooters

O'Neill, Riley 22 F 0 0 GER / SV Wilhelmshaven

Obeidat, Bara - N/A 0 0

Occean, Olivier 26 F 16 2 NOR / Lillestrøm S.K.

Odinga, Norm 45 M 5 1

Ofner, Gary - N/A 0 0

Olander, Steve - D 0 0

Oliveira, Kyle 20 M 0 0

Oliveiro, Giuliano 34 N/A 1 0

Olivieri, Andrew 27 G 0 0 CAN-CSL / Trois-Rivières Attak

Omohkua, Kevin 23 F 0 0

Ongaro, Rosario 48 F 0 0

Onorato, Andy - N/A 0 0

Onstad, Pat 40 G 52 0 MLS / Houston Dynamo

Oppelt, Kent 16 M 0 0

Oppong, Dominic 22 M/F 0 0 NCAA / University at Buffalo

Oppong, Victor 26 D 0 0

Orefice, Rob 21 D 0 0

Ornoch, Andrzej 22 M 1 0 DEN / Esbjerg fB

Ouassa, Bernard 25 D 0 0

Owusu-Ansah, Kennedy 18 D 0 0 GER / Hertha Berlin

Page, Lewis 40 M 0 0

Pagnani, Gerardo - N/A 0 0

Pakos, George 55 F 22 5

Palmer, - - N/A 0 0

Panhuyzen, Tony - D 4 0

Panizzon, Mario 19 F 0 0

Paoletto, Vito 34 F 0 0

Papadakis, Nick - N/A 4 2

Papageorgopoulos, George 35 M 0 0

Parchment, Richard - N/A 0 0

Parenteau Michon, Colin 17 D 0 0

Parker, Brad 27 N/A 6 0

Parquer, - - N/A 0 0

Parsons, Les 57 F 24 7

Patterson, Norman - N/A 3 1

Paynter, Harry J. - N/A 1 0

Pears, Ken 74 G 4 0

Peckham, Mark - N/A 0 0

Peeman, Dennis 31 D 0 0

Peetoom, Brad 22 D 0 0 NCAA / University of Syracuse

Pegg, John 16 F 0 0

Pelc, Dan - N/A 0 0

Pellerud, Even - N/A 0 0

Peña, Adrian 17 N/A 0 0

Penelas, - - N/A 0 0

Pereira, Ed - N/A 0 0

Pereira, Michael 19 M 0 0

Perks, Tom 35 M 0 0

Perugini, Nicola 25 N/A 0 0 CAN-CIS / Trinity Western University

Peschisolido, Paul 36 F 53 11 ENG / Luton Town

Pesznecker, C.J. 24 M 0 0

Peters, Jaime 20 M 13 0 ENG / Yeovil Town FC

Petrasso, Vince 20 M 0 0 NCAA / Campbell University

Petrone, Joe - M 0 0

Petroni, Victor - G 0 0

Pettingale, Colin - N/A 0 0

Philley, Brian 81 N/A 4 2

Philley, Pat - N/A 3 0

Phillips, David 41 N/A 2 0

Phillips, John 16 N/A 0 0

Phillips, Todd 42 N/A 0 0

Pickup, George - N/A 0 0

Piercy, Alex - N/A 0 0

Pignatiello, Tony 39 M 10 0

Pino, John - N/A 0 0

Pirie, Harry - N/A 0 0

Piscopo, Matteo - N/A 1 0

Pizzolitto, Nevio 31 D 8 0

Placentino, Rocco 26 M 1 0 ITA / U.S. Massese 1919

Playfoot, Joe - N/A 0 0

Pollastrone, Angelo - D 0 0 CAN-CSL / Italia Shooters

Pontes, Kevin - N/A 0 0

Poole, Darren - N/A 1 0

Popovic, Dragan - N/A 0 0

Porter, Kyle 18 M 0 0

Pozniak, Chris 27 D/M 21 0 MLS / San Jose Earthquakes

Pretto, Larry 42 N/A 0 0

Primiani, Anthony 34 D 0 0

Prince, --- - N/A 0 0

Proctor, Andrew 21 F 0 0 NCAA / UC Santa Barbara

Prud’Homme, Olivier 17 M 0 0

Pugh, Thomas 18 M 0 0

Puig, Eric 35 M 0 0

Puranda, - - N/A 0 0

Quatarone, Ross - N/A 0 0

Radakovic, ---- - G 0 0

Radzinski, Tomasz 34 F 37 9 GRE / Skoda Xanthi

Ragan, Randy 48 M 40 0

Rago, Antonio 17 M 0 0

Rago, Carmelo 21 M 0 0 CAN-CCAA / Concordia University College of Alberta

Rahmati, Milad - M 0 0 CAN-CCAA / Capilano College

Rajballie, Ramy 40 N/A 0 0

Ramalho, Graham 22 D 0 0 NED / FC Groningen

Raso, - - N/A 0 0

Rayner, Simon 24 G 0 0

Reda, Marco 30 D 7 1 USL / Charleston Battery

Reddick, Patrick 15 M 0 0

Reed, Rob - N/A 0 0

Revivo, Daniel 21 F 0 0 USL-Y / Toronto Lynx

Reyes, Nicky - N/A 0 0

Rhode, Linus - N/A 0 0

Ribeiro, Antonio 27 M 2 0 USL / Impact de Montréal

Ricketts, Tosaint 20 F 0 0 NCAA / University of Green Bay-Wisconsin

Ridley, Curtis 19 M 0 0

Riley, Kevin - D 0 0

Riley, Tom - N/A 1 0

Rios, Derek 21 M 0 0 NCAA / University of Alabama at Birmingham

Ristich, Mike - N/A 0 0

Rivas, Carlo 22 M 0 0 CHI / Deportes La Serena

Rizi, Marco 39 D 12 0

Roberts, Dane-Michael 19 M 0 0

Roberts, Dominic - D 0 0

Robinson, Brian - N/A 16 1

Robinson, Doug - N/A 0 0

Robinson, Jordan - N/A 0 0

Robles, Cristobal 18 N/A 0 0

Rodriguez, Jorge - N/A 0 0

Roe, Paul 48 M 0 0

Roe, Peter 52 N/A 9 1

Rogers, Mark 32 D 7 0

Rolon Mérette, Damien 17 F 0 0

Romelli, - - N/A 0 0

Romet, Indrek 17 N/A 0 0

Rosa, Sean 18 M 0 0

Rose, Carl - N/A 0 0

Rosenfeld, Bryan 42 G 1 0

Rosenlund, Robert - N/A 0 0

Rosenlund, Tyler 21 M 1 0 MLS / Toronto FC

Rowland, Brian - N/A 0 0

Royal, Alexander 18 M 0 0

Ruhe-Lischke, Alex 20 D 0 0 NCAA / University of Albany

Rupf, Rob - D 0 0

Russeau, -- - N/A 0 0

Russell, Gavin 19 F 0 0

Rutledge, Todd 18 F 0 0 NCAA / Fairfield University

Rutty, Mark - N/A 0 0

Saccomano, Mateo - N/A 0 0

Saiko, Shaun 18 M 0 0

Salina, Christian 31 N/A 0 0

Sallese, Enzio - N/A 0 0

Salt, Andrew - N/A 0 0

Salvaggio, Peter - N/A 0 0

Samson, Daryl - N/A 1 0

Samuel, Randy 44 D 82 0

Samuels, - - N/A 0 0

Samuels, Colin - N/A 0 0

San, - - N/A 0 0

Sánchez Macip, Isidro 20 M 0 0 MEX / Puebla de Zaragoza

Sandhu, Didar - G 0 0

Sandhu, Sahil - N/A 0 0

Sanford, William - N/A 2 0

Santos, Mario - N/A 0 0

Sarantopoulos, Peter 39 D 25 0

Sauer, Frank - N/A 4 0

Saunders, Gary - N/A 0 0

Savaria, Mathieu 26 D 0 0

Schepers, John - N/A 0 0

Schiavoni, Carlo 22 M 0 0

Schiraldi, Joe - N/A 8 1

Schmidt, Cameron 17 M 0 0

Schmidt, Spencer 22 F 0 0

Scholes, Ernie - N/A 0 0

Scigliano, Joe - N/A 0 0

Scott, Roderick - F 5 0

Segota, Branko 46 M/F 19 2

Seguin-Gauthier, Gabriel 21 D 0 0

Selaidopoulos, Kyriakos 30 F 0 0

Semenets, Alex 18 M/F 0 0

Seminara, Pasubio Carlo 19 M 0 0

Seon, Christian 19 D 0 0

Sephton, Michael 47 D 0 0

Serafini, Peter 39 M/F 0 0

Serioux, Adrian 28 D/M 11 0 MLS / FC Dallas

Sestito, Angelo 34 D 0 0

Shack, Joe - N/A 0 0

Shaffelburg, Zach 15 M 0 0

Shantz, Oliver - N/A 0 0

Shaw, Alex - N/A 1 0

Sheldon, --- - N/A 0 0

Shepherd, Jeremy 22 F 0 0

Shepherd, Paul 31 N/A 0 0

Sheppard, Fred - N/A 0 0

Shergill, Harkaram 18 G 0 0

Sheriffe, Christopher 18 N/A 0 0

Shuster, Brian - N/A 0 0

Sibiya, Sipho 36 F 0 0

Sidra, Eddy 19 D 0 0

Sigurdur, Garnet 38 G 0 0

Sim, Jeff - N/A 0 0

Simcic, George - N/A 0 0

Simijoski, Danny - N/A 0 0

Simon, Franz 42 N/A 0 0

Simone, Tony - N/A 0 0

Simpson, Dave 25 F 1 0 CZE / SIAD Most (on loan from Sparta Praha)

Simpson, Josh 24 D/M 18 0 GER / FC Kaiserslautern

Siorovigas, Stan 38 N/A 0 0

Skinner, Jeff 30 D 0 0

Slater, Mark - N/A 0 0

Slaunwhite, Samuel 16 G 0 0

Sloly, Peter 41 D 1 0

Smajlovic, Sefik 44 N/A 0 0

Smith, - - N/A 1 0

Smith, Adam - N/A 0 0

Smith, Alec - N/A 0 0

Smith, Drew 19 M 0 0

Smith, Greg 18 D/M 0 0

Smith, Liam - N/A 0 0

Smith, Mark 29 N/A 0 0

Smith, Mike - N/A 0 0

Solak, Alija - N/A 0 0

Solano, Ernesto 38 N/A 0 0

Sorella, Roberto 29 N/A 0 0

Sparks, Nigel - N/A 0 0

Spink, Alan - N/A 0 0

Stalteri, Paul 30 M 63 7 ENG / Fulham FC (on loan from Tottenham Hotspur)

Stamatopoulos, Kenny 28 G 5 0 NOR / Tromsø I.L..

Stamopoulos, James 16 M 0 0

Stanley, Peter - N/A 0 0

Stathopoulos, Chris 30 M 0 0

Steckiw, Ostap - N/A 1 1

Steele, Jack - N/A 3 0

Steele, Keith - N/A 0 0

Steep, Fred W. - N/A 0 0

Stewart, Chris 29 N/A 0 0

Stewart, Gogie 74 F 4 2

Stewart, Vince 22 D/M 0 0

Stobbart, Dick - N/A 7 2

Stojanovic, Mike 62 F 14 5

Stothard, David - N/A 4 0

Straith, Adam 17 D 0 0

Street, Adam 16 G 0 0

Strenicer, Gene - N/A 9 0

Sudeyko, Dan 49 D 0 0

Sulentic, Ive 28 M 2 0 USL / Vancouver Whitecaps

Sumner, Richard 33 N/A 0 0

Suprenant, Alex 18 D 0 0 USL / Impact de Montréal

Suriano, Jim 36 M 0 0

Sutton, Greg 30 G 10 0

Sweeney, Mike 48 D 61 1

Sweetzer, Gordon 51 N/A 3 0

Sylla, Mohamed 17 F 0 0

Tait, Stan - N/A 4 0

Takhar, Amar - N/A 0 0

Tannis, Elmer - N/A 0 0

Tannous, Daniel 17 D 0 0

Taylor, Tom S. - N/A 0 0

Tearne, Jim - N/A 0 0

Telford, Ray - N/A 0 0

Templeman, Sylvain - N/A 0 0

Thind, Navjot 18 M 0 0 CAN-CCAA / Kwantlen University College

Thomas, Elvin - N/A 3 0

Thomas, Pierre 42 M 0 0

Thombs, Tiny - N/A 0 0

Thompson, David - N/A 0 0

Thompson, Gary - N/A 7 0

Thompson, Justin 27 D 0 0 USL / Portland Timbers

Thompson, Niall 33 N/A 9 2

Thomson, Dr. Walter - N/A 0 0

Titotto, Guido 36 F 1 0

Todaro, Joey 24 M/F 0 0

Tomasetti, Lino 41 N/A 0 0

Tomassini, Andrew 37 G 0 0

Tonci, Zohil - N/A 0 0

Traversy, Garrett 17 M/F 0 0

Tremarco, Marco - N/A 0 0

Turnbull, Masumi 21 D 0 0 NCAA / University of Kentucky

Turner, Chris 48 G 4 0

Turner, Dave - N/A 3 1

Turpin, Joe - N/A 1 0

Twaits, William 61 N/A 0 0

Twamley, Bruce 55 D 8 1

Uccello, Julian 21 F 0 0 ITA / A.C. Sansovino

Uremovich, Mike 45 D 0 0

Vaenas, Dimitrios 29 N/A 0 0

Vaglica, Agostino 30 N/A 0 0

Vairo, John 39 D 0 0

Valente, Alfredo - N/A 0 0

Valentine, Carl 49 F 31 0

Van-den Boogaard, Scott 22 N/A 0 0

Veer, Andrew - N/A 0 0

Velastegui, David 17 M/F 0 0

Vigh, Tibor - N/A 4 2

Village, Ron - N/A 0 0

Visconti, Lenny - M 0 0

Visintin, Luciano - N/A 0 0

Vohalis, Taki 30 G 0 0

Volkenant, Brayden 19 D/M 0 0

Volkenant, Rhys 16 D 0 0

Voore, Robert - N/A 0 0

Vrablic, Igor 42 F 35 12

Vrablic, John - M 0 0

Vranjkovic, Milan - G 0 0

Wagenaar, Joshua 23 G 1 0

Walker, Kashka 29 N/A 0 0

Wallace, Gordon 43 N/A 9 0

Watson, Mark 37 D 77 3

Weber, Greg - G 2 0

Webster, Desmond - N/A 0 0

Webster, Emil Henry - N/A 0 0

Welsch, Jahmo - N/A 0 0

Wendt, Jack 37 F 0 0

Whitehead, Colin - N/A 0 0

Whitehead, Ken - N/A 0 0

Whiteman, Jarek 17 M/F 0 0

Whitson, Derek 18 G 0 0

Wilkinson, Neil 40 M 0 0

Williams, Chris 26 M 2 0

Williams, Richard L. - N/A 4 1

Willock, Domenic - N/A 0 0

Wilson, Bruce 56 D 53 0

Wilson, Cam 21 M 0 0

Wilson, Jim - N/A 4 2

Wilson, Les 61 N/A 4 0

Wilson, Neil 34 G 0 0

Wiredu, Murphy 23 F 0 0

Wood, --- - N/A 0 0

Wood, Troy 34 N/A 0 0

Woods, Frank - N/A 0 0

Woods, John - N/A 0 0

Woodsford, David 45 N/A 0 0

Wouteresz, Artie - N/A 0 0

Wreaks, Jeff 17 M 0 0

Xausa, Davide 32 M/F 31 2

Yallop, Frank 44 N/A 52 0

Yamada, Kyle 24 M 0 0

Yan, Junior - N/A 0 0

Yeung, Neal 30 F 0 0

Young, Bill - N/A 4 0

Young, Gregor 42 N/A 1 0

Yu, Eanok 17 M/F 0 0

Zacharuk, Mike - N/A 0 0

Zachary, Peter - F 0 0

Zakaluznyj, Walt - N/A 2 0

Zanatta, Sergio - N/A 3 1

Zarzycki, Wojtek 25 G 0 0 HUN / Ferencvárosi TC

Zavarise, Gianluca 21 F 0 0

Zenari, Rick 36 D 0 0

Zezel, Peter 42 N/A 0 0

Zuniga, Nicolas 24 M 0 0

Apparently, a few of you didn't get the gist of my post (thankfully a few did) Here it is in point form.

The players seem to think they are better than they are (demanding high profile friendlies when they can't finish off "minnows")

"Minnows" are professionals too. Let's give them a little more credit and not overestimate our own strength.

Everyone and his dog is criticized and used as a scapegoat, except the players who are ultimately responsible for the outcomes. They have been under performing (an exception being the U23s)

I believe this core group of players has the talent to get to the upcoming WC.

And here is the main point I was trying to make. They seem to lack (pardon the hockey comparison) a Messier and Semenko for leadership, heart and grit/intimidation. They need a tough guy to kick some players in the ass when underperforming and to do the same to the opposition on the field as well. The team seems too easy going, willing to except whatever outcome happens

Apparently, a few of you didn't get the gist of my post (thankfully a few did) Here it is in point form.

The players seem to think they are better than they are (demanding high profile friendlies when they can't finish off "minnows")

"Minnows" are professionals too. Let's give them a little more credit and not overestimate our own strength.

Everyone and his dog is criticized and used as a scapegoat, except the players who are ultimately responsible for the outcomes. They have been under performing (an exception being the U23s)

I believe this core group of players has the talent to get to the upcoming WC.

And here is the main point I was trying to make. They seem to lack (pardon the hockey comparison) a Messier and Semenko for leadership, heart and grit/intimidation. They need a tough guy to kick some players in the ass when underperforming and to do the same to the opposition on the field as well. The team seems too easy going, willing to except whatever outcome happens

I think the players know what they are collectively capable of. They are, as you say, professionals. If they were as apathetic as you suggest, they wouldn't bother to show up.

Just curious...did any of the players complain about playing Estonia. I am not contradicting you, I just did see any such reports.

quote:Originally posted by Paddy

I think the players know what they are collectively capable of. They are, as you say, professionals. If they were as apathetic as you suggest, they wouldn't bother to show up.

Just curious...did any of the players complain about playing Estonia. I am not contradicting you, I just did see any such reports.

Jim Brennan and Dwayne De Rosario have given examples of teams the USA was playing (Poland, England, etc.) and compared them to the opponents we're playing (Estonia, Iceland, Martinique).

I'm not sure Estonia was named, but they did complained about the opponents quality in general (so that includes Estonia who's the lowest team we've played recently).

Nobody is saying that they are not trying, lazy or uncommitted.

Agreed

quote:Nor do I think that anyone is blaming the players individually.

Agreed

All I'm saying is the team is missing an element, one or two players to bring up the overall mental and physical toughness of the team.

What position does Dave Benning and Brian Rosenfeld play? :D I never heard of them nor did I ever see them in the lineup.

As far as national associations and political bodies are concerned. Well they also dont like they their national association in places like Spain. But that hasn't stopped them from producing world class talent and consistently making it to the final 16 in the World tournies.

Archived