TFC vs Charleston

nolando

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

Oh sweet Jesus-an Easter Egg hunt on the pitch at half time? And the players who stayed out during half to kick around 'should get out of the way' according to the stadium announcer.

I'd boot it at the kids.

/unclaimed eggs causing injury? Insanity...

I was just going to post how lame that is. But the same crap happens elsewhere in the USL.

Velez played the worst I've seen him play yet.

Brittain didn't show me anything.

I've got no opinion on Edwards because the first goal wasn't his fault and I missed the 2nd goal.

Samuel did impress me. His fitness has improved tremendously. He might actually be useful this year. i just don't know if he is actually all that skilled.

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

Today was crap, but don't look past the fact that Toronto didn't start Dichio, Sutton, or Dunivant, Edu and Wynne are with the US U23, Robinson didn't play...anyone I miss?

According to Nigel's blog, Robinson was back in Wales dealing with a personal matter. Hopefully it quickly resolved and not of too serious a nature.

db

Toronto FC Lineup: Brian Edwards, Marco Velez, Tyrone Marshall, Pat Phelan, Jim Brennan, Martin Brittain (Jarrod Smith 67), Joey Melo (Todd Dunivant 67, Gabe Gala 89), Kevin Harmse, Collin Samuel, Jeff Cunningham (Danny Dichio 77), Kevin Gall

Charleston Battery Lineup: Dusty Hudock, Tim Veltan, Marco Reda, John Wilson, Nelson Akwari, Darren Spicer, Osvaldo Alonso, Pato Aguilera, Mike Richardson, Lester More(Aaron King 59), Randi Patterson (Kendall Jagdeosingh 84)

Where were Chin, Hughes, Bennett, and Stewart, I wonder? Have Charleston gone and pulled a TFC on us and yanked the Canadian content? ;> That was my main reason for flipping it on in the first place.

Chin and Bennett are playing indoor in MISL. I don't think Hughes was invited back. Stewart should still be with the team.

quote:Originally posted by nolando

Where were Chin, Hughes, Bennett, and Stewart, I wonder? Have Charleston gone and pulled a TFC on us and yanked the Canadian content? ;> That was my main reason for flipping it on in the first place.

quote:Originally posted by MM2

Chin and Bennett are playing indoor in MISL. I don't think Hughes was invited back. Stewart should still be with the team.

Never mind..just found this - we should take them off the master list i guess - could any of these guys fill out the tfc reserves, i wonder?

http://www.usldiscussions.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=print_topic;f=28;t=002155

Posted by JBG - Bribe Taker (Member # 415) on 02-20-2008 10:13 AM:

Now that the roster has been updated, let's clear things up. The following players apparently won't be back either (maybe some of them left before the end of last season)

Ian Bennett

Anthony Catalano

Gordon Chin

Jeremy Gold

Chris Gores

Jordie Hughes

Amando Romero

Lee Sandwina

Michael Todd

Kenny Uzoigwe

^ I watched Bennett play indoor once recently on a game broadcast on FSWC. He's very skillful but it is very hard to translate those skills on display in arena soccer to the full 11v11 game. Unlike some other people, I've never seen him play 11v11 in person.

Archived