Mexico/Haiti pre and in-game thread

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jeffery S.

Well Mexico took it to them to the goal, then Haiti got some possession and showed they are serious about things. Mexico throws so many forwards that in fact Haiti has a counterattacking chance. Now with one down they may take it more slowly, not let Mexico get up and hope for a late tie and then win, for Mexico to catch a few cards too.

Whatever you say about their first against us, they are well-coached, they have good positioning, they hold defensively and move ahead well. Their keeper is good and so is Fabrice Noel, the 11 (who already has a card). And they are fit, I think the Mexicans could suffer from anxiety, they will get nervous further on if they can't get another soon. Another plus is that in fact they are weak scoring, we have already seen them shooting wide and over (and two crossbars on one play, for sure).

Another plus: this ref is serious, he is taking no crap, he is fair and in the match we had him pretty honest, and the linesman is calling the offsides.

Haiti has to feel they are still in it for the score to stay down though. I see Santiago Fernández is in, the guy who lived in North Van. Hope that means they are going for long balls, as I don't think it is their forte.

Come on Haiti, need a goal.

Archived