Mexico/Haiti pre and in-game thread

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

Yeah, Mexico was poor, all tournament. Overconfident? Is the region starting to see some real parity? Or is this just a bad Mexican side?

Not a bad Mexican side at all. They thought they were favorites for the Gold in Beijing, although they were missing their 2 biggest stars (maybe more).

I think we need to start emailing Sportsnet and CBC to convince one of these networks to show the game. CBC can maybe put it on their digital chanel, Country Canada at the very least. This is such a big game, one win away from the Olympics and against the USA . It does not get any better than that.

quote:Originally posted by piltdownman

Here is what is one durring that time

Sportsnet W: Prime Time Sports, Sportsnet Conneted, NHL Hockey

Sportsnet O: Poker, poker

Sportsnet E: NHL Hockey

Sportsnet P: Pratt & Taylor, NHL Hockey

FSWC: Football Icons, Sports Unlimited

Goltv: Match Capsule, Spanish Soccer

CBC-O: Wine Confidentail, Dubai: Miracle or Mirage

CBC-P: Simpsons, Arrested Development, CBC news: Vancouver at 6

So FSWC or CBC look like the only ones that might care

I think our best bets are FSWC or GolTV. CBC is not interested in sports on weekdays.

quote:Originally posted by Scottie

I have been to the great wall of china, I have seen the pyramids of egypt, I've even witnessed a grown man satisfy a camel, but never have I seen anything so improbable, so unbelievable.

-Gary Cole

Grown man satisfy a camel? I wouldn't mind seeing that.

Ooops, wrong forum.[|)]

Yeah, Mexico was poor, all tournament. Overconfident? Is the region starting to see some real parity? Or is this just a bad Mexican side?

The thing is Mexico couldn't have been closer to scoring another goal, advancing and probably(you know how Concacaf can be) would have knocked the Americans out. It's just to crazy to figure this night out. I'm not even gonna try.

I cant believe that game either. The Haiti goalie made so many big saves despite the 5 goals. And where was the defense on those last 3 goals? 4 on none is pathetic, not once, not twice but i beieve 3 times. But it was a good game nevertheless. I cant remember a game that had me on my toes like that one.

quote:Originally posted by rdroze

I didn't get a chance to watch this game, but man oh man, this was a great thread to read. I don't think I've ever been so stressed out from reading an Internet forum thread! Thanks to all!

We're lucky the site didn't crash. Thanks again to those responsible for maintaining this site. Without this thread it would not have been as fun.

quote:Originally posted by Alex

I cant believe we went 24 pages on a game that didnt involve Canada...

But it did!

I wonder how many of the Haitian players and staff have relatives living in Canada, Montreal in particular. I wonder, too, what nice French words Hainault might have shot their way a couple of nights ago.

"Today I watched two the best soccer games I have ever seen in my life. First Canada beat Guatemala 5-0, and then Mexico beat Haiti 5-1. Amazing games. Unfortunately neither of these games were available on Canadian tv. Canada has now advanced to the knockout round. If they win on Thursday they will qualify for the Olympics and make it to the final in the tournament, but again this game is not on TV here in Canada. Please pick up this game against the Americans, as it should be amazing. "

quote:Originally posted by Vancouver Fan

We're lucky the site didn't crash. Thanks again to those responsible for maintaining this site. Without this thread it would not have been as fun.

Well, we have to thank that the previous motherboard failed a couple of months back and that our hosting provider upgraded the whole server to something more powerful.

It's only a P4 2.0 Ghz, but the previous machine was a Celeron, so it's quite the upgrade.

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

Well, we have to thank that the previous motherboard failed a couple of months back and that our hosting provider upgraded the whole server to something more powerful.

It's only a P4 2.0 Ghz, but the previous machine was a Celeron, so it's quite the upgrade.

Thanks again Jarrek. You rock.

quote:Originally posted by Vancouver Fan

Hear hear!! Watching on the live streams and having the forum filling 20 pages with comments was a hoot. I wish we could all be the same pub having a beer and screaming at the TV but this was great fun. The forum server held up pretty good. I only noticed it lagging late in the Mexico - Haiti game when everyone (me included) was having a canary!

thanks

WOW...

i missed this game, which i am pissed about, but reading the thread was more than worth while.

but damn, i had trouble just reading that. I cant even imagine watching.

and was there actually a 3-0 break missed by the mexicans? lol no way...

I wonder how many of the Haitian players and staff have relatives living in Canada, Montreal in particular. I wonder, too, what nice French words Hainault might have shot their way a couple of nights ago.

The keeper was born in France but was eligible to play for Haiti.

Archived