Jump to content

Mexico/Haiti pre and in-game thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Ok, time to start lobbying the networks to get the bloody semi-final match on tv. One win & we are through to the Olympics!

It'll definitely be on FSC, so at least all the footie pubs will have it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quote:Originally posted by kelownaguy

NCAA March Madness starts Thursday, I'm not sure if Sportsnet has the rights to pick up the feed for it but if they do they won't be cancelling that as it is huge ratings for them.

I thought MM was on the Score but maybe I,m mistaken.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quote:Originally posted by kelownaguy

NCAA March Madness starts Thursday, I'm not sure if Sportsnet has the rights to pick up the feed for it but if they do they won't be cancelling that as it is huge ratings for them.

They still broadcast on digital.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quote:Originally posted by redhat

Don't forget the Haitian GK stooped a PK! I have now seen everything,

including 4-0 breaks, red cards, and a mini-brawl.

it was starting look a little banana republic out there, and I ain't talking clothes, darlings!

Thought we were going to see an out and out brawl.

Cannot believe Warner could not find a way to get T&T into the semis.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quote:Originally posted by kelownaguy

NCAA March Madness starts Thursday, I'm not sure if Sportsnet has the rights to pick up the feed for it but if they do they won't be cancelling that as it is huge ratings for them.

1. The Score has the rights to March Madness

2. March Madness ratings are low.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Jeffery S.

Does anyone think that is the way u-23s are supposed to play?

Maybe u-17s, but even then. I'd say it was pretty poor just in terms of what adult men are supposed to do on the pitch, it was a bit amateur all told. But no, these guys are pros, and some of them are experienced.

I think we are lucky because the Haiti back line was very irresponsible and showed a lack of professionalism, if you are going to lose, well lose with dignity, but not by being ridiculous, playing the offide trap up high when down 4-1 and stuff.

What really saved us was Mexican ineptness, not Haiti's virtues in the end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nah, the keeper was very good considering he had no defensive support for the better part of the last 30 minutes.

I cannot believe we advance to the semis with a team that played its only prep games against US college sides.

We'll be in tough against the US, but it doesn't look like they had an easy time qualifying. They seem to be missing some finish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Ok, time to start lobbying the networks to get the bloody semi-final match on tv. One win & we are through to the Olympics!

Here is what is one durring that time

Sportsnet W: Prime Time Sports, Sportsnet Conneted, NHL Hockey

Sportsnet O: Poker, poker

Sportsnet E: NHL Hockey

Sportsnet P: Pratt & Taylor, NHL Hockey

FSWC: Football Icons, Sports Unlimited

Goltv: Match Capsule, Spanish Soccer

CBC-O: Wine Confidentail, Dubai: Miracle or Mirage

CBC-P: Simpsons, Arrested Development, CBC news: Vancouver at 6

So FSWC or CBC look like the only ones that might care

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Does anyone think that is the way u-23s are supposed to play?

Maybe u-17s, but even then. I'd say it was pretty poor just in terms of what adult men are supposed to do on the pitch, it was a bit amateur all told. But no, these guys are pros, and some of them are experienced.

I think we are lucky because the Haiti back line was very irresponsible and showed a lack of professionalism, if you are going to lose, well lose with dignity, but not by being ridiculous, playing the offide trap up high when down 4-1 and stuff.

What really saved us was Mexican ineptness, not Haiti's virtues in the end.

Yeah, Mexico was poor, all tournament. Overconfident? Is the region starting to see some real parity? Or is this just a bad Mexican side?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

I limit the thanks to the Haitian keeper. I've been watching soccer a long time but I honestly can't remember a keeper who let in 5 goals in a game playing that spectacularly well!

What a crazy night!

True about the keeper, intercepts, rundown through balls, deflect sure goals, breakup 4 on nones and that was just the last 15 minutes.

I just can't believe this whole thing. If the MNT is this dramatic I'll burst an aneurysm!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...