Canada-Guatemala U-23 pre/in-match thread

Yeah, I am also damned proud of the way our lads performed today. I've been proud of them all tournament, though I think we took Haiti a little too lightly.

Whatever, props to the lads! Tonne of experience gained, and we now can see a handful of promising youngsters on the rise: Johnson, Ornoch, Jakovic, Hainault, Hemming, Ayre, Ledgerwood.

If Ricketts and Hall and Rosenlund can find pro clubs and develop, they too show real promised.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by MediaGuy

We are +4, with seven goals for

Mexico is currently -1, with two goals for

So...Mexico must win by six goals to eliminate us outright. A five goal win would take it to lots.

A 6-6 tie would eliminate us, and a 5-5 tie would take to to lots with Haiti.

Of course, Haiti goes through with a win...

With a tie we go through, it does'nt change Haiti's goal differental.

I was impressed in the first 2 matches how well Ricketts did at tracking back to defend, but it was nice today to see his offensive potential. Sure, one goals was a rebound chance and the other likely was a cross, but he had plenty of other chances as well. Notice how he had a near identical chance to his second goal mere minutes later, linking up again with Ornoch.

Wow, that was fun!

quote:Originally posted by jonovision

I was impressed in the first 2 matches how well Ricketts did at tracking back to defend, but it was nice today to see his offensive potential. Sure, one goals was a rebound chance and the other likely was a cross,

Hey, that was no easy rebound though - he showed some pretty good dexterity to reach that & flick it in.

Guest Jeffery S.

Just want to say how much I appreciated this thread, did not watch the game, just got times mixed up I guess, but came on just to see the highlights, missed the first goal though. A bit mind boggling. I have a sick feeling watching Mexico now, just scored the first, but we have to keep the faith.

Anyways, nice goals, nice to see that attacking play, and great to read the comments here.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Actually it is humour.

Either spelling is appropriate (thought the spell checker on this forum appears to be having trouble with your choice). Pedant on the other hand has only one spelling.

Archived