Canada-Haiti U-23 pre-match thread

loyola

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

I love the Dasovic comment at the end - a thinly-veiled shot at Mo Johnston.

I wonder if Nick might give his old teammate Yallop a call at San Jose.

This one of my theory. I remember that FY when he was coaching our MNT identified in an interview Wagenaar as being one of our top young prospect. A few months later he called him for the Spain friendly.

What's the keeper situation at SJ?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by MediaGuy

These types of games make me nervous. We should win. We have to win.

History tells me...

Yeah, I know the feeling - too often after a good result we have a let-down. I hope that doesn't happen this time.

From what I saw of Haiti against Guatemala they looked nowhere near as good as Mexico, unsurprisingly. They tried a lot of dives in pure desperation in the 2nd half against an organized Guatemalan team. But a very physical team. We'll have to see how co-ordinated our team will be on the offense, and hopefully not run out of gas as early as we did against Mexico.

Canada looked great at the back against mexico but will definitely have to do more going forward if they want to beat Haiti. Against mexico (and with Will Johnson in the lineup) Canada had 2 shots on net that I recall, the first was a goal and the second might have been heading to the crossbar anyways!

So I think Dasovic, who has done a great job organizing the back, will definitely be thinking of ways to create goals. Unfortunately, one of our pure strikers (Lombardo), doesn't even score goals!

I might try putting Rickets up front with Ornoch. He has pace, and Ornoch has size.

My prediction: 1-0 Canada.

The channel surfing link was great for the Canada v. Mexico, and if we can see the Haiti game that way, I'm pumped.

Yes, I am damned nervous for tonight's game, but I would be more nervous had we been REALLY impressive against Mexico, when in fact we were good, but only surprisingly good. What I means is that I think the lads will have their heads about them for this game because they will all feel that we were a bit lucky not to get scored on late in the game. Had we trashed the Mexicans, then we might get our expectations too high. I think we'll be okay tonight, but it will not be an easy match, and I suspect we will do well to do more than just a goalless draw.

I've been having some trouble with channelsurfing - any tips as to what i'm doing wrong? The video window just stays empty/black.

Technical issues aside, I think we'll do well tonight, but the lack of scoring will mean just a 1-0 win.

quote:Originally posted by Wilbix

I've been having some trouble with channelsurfing - any tips as to what i'm doing wrong? The video window just stays empty/black.

Technical issues aside, I think we'll do well tonight, but the lack of scoring will mean just a 1-0 win.

I believe you need a certain plug-in--Active X?--and you must make sure your system will allow the program (the plug-in?) to run.

But I could be talking out of my ass on this one. I just tried the link and caught what appears to be a live shot of two empty chairs at the sports desk of ESPN mexico, or whatever it is properly called.

quote:Originally posted by Wilbix

Did you try using Internet Explorer? It doesn't work in Fireofox

Edit: By the way, I expect the screen to be blank until closer to game time at 8:30 pm EST.

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

Did you try using Internet Explorer? It doesn't work in Fireofox

Edit: By the way, I expect the screen to be blank until closer to game time at 8:30 pm EST.

Though it's up now with pre-game stuff.

I expect a statement game by Canada tonight. The team should be energized after the result against Mexico. I also expect to see more chemistry tonight as the players should be more familarized with each other.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by CanadianSwede

Hey guys just found out the new link from following the chat on PSN 1. The new link is http://www.justin.tv/psn_2 @ 8:30 et probably. Thanks for finding it Tarnado.

What an amazing feed, mine is perfect, very impressed. So thanks.

Why are they talking about Mexico now, isn't our game first?

Guest Jeffery S.

with 15 to kick-off the commentator on the field spoke about Isidro Sánchez, says he is not starting and may come on 2nd half, and said that we would play with three defensive or physical mids to give us some muscle in the middle in a match expected to be very physical.

Also spoke of some player who stayed in the hotel as he is injured, but did not catch the name, anyone know who that is?

Archived