TFC Roster Dance 2008

MM2

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TFC has added 3 draft picks to their on-line roster. http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/players/roster.jsp?club=t280

Ignore the MLS status, it has never been correct, and the way it is they would not be roster compliant. I've placed James and Phelan on the senior roster and Edwards on the developmental

roster.

Without further cuts or trades, that leaves 8 spots open, 3 senior and 5 developmental.

and 4 International and 4 Canadian spots open. Tyler Rosenlund would probably be on the developmental roster. (MLS in not kind to players who try Europe first).

quote:Originally posted by nolando

Mark Robbie Gaspar:

Some odd forum stuff on him from 07:

"The only australian who played in indonesia premier league..."

and from 04:

"Robbie Gaspar played for Perth Glory two seasons ago. He's quite young - 22 years - and has a good left foot. He scored 10 goals in the Malaysian Premier Division last year (Malaysia just recently renamed the top division as the Super League; Premier League is basically division 2). He's big with the Sabah fans and has been known for his crosses and freekicks. I was wondering if he enjoyed the same success with Perth."

you tube hilights: http://youtube.com/user/glengaspar

I feel sorry for the TFC fans who were expecting at least the odd big name - at least Musampa is back - presumably only becuase he is close to signing, right?

Is this some kind of joke? A f*ing Aussie who made Indonesia's 2nd tier? Canada's team my arse!

Malaysia isn't part of Indonesia so not sure how you got that idea. He played in the second tier in Malaysia for Sabah before moving to the top tier in Indonesia with Persiba Balikpapan. Both teams are from Borneo, for what it's worth. Looks like he could be a significant upgrade on Miguel Canizalez based on the youtube clip and well worth a look.

quote:Originally posted by BringBackTheBlizzard

Malaysia isn't part of Indonesia so not sure how you got that idea. He played in the second tier in Malaysia for Sabah before moving to the top tier in Indonesia with Persiba Balikpapan. Both teams are from Borneo, for what it's worth. Looks like he could be a significant upgrade on Miguel Canizalez based on the youtube clip and well worth a look.

Pardon me for confusing those two soccer hot-beds. God Bless TFC for scouring the leagues of Borneo!! Add Rusty Pierce to the mix and you'll be holding the MLS cup in October!!! All Hail MO.

Your sneering attitude towards the concept of an Australian playing in an Asian pro league in order to make some coin is a bit dated to say the least. Giving Gaspar a trial is no more ridiculous than signing a player from FC Oberneuland and expecting him to make an impact in MLS, in my opinion. Complying with the MLS salary cap dictates that not all of the signings are going to be on a par with Jim Brennan and Carl Robinson.

A bit dated? Huh? I never thought Canizales would walk in from FC Oberneuland and make an impression on the MLS but only hoped he could get his career back on track with some nurturing at home. No such luck although Canizales made as much impact on TFC as did the useless Welshman. My disgust is with the organization who are making no effort at all to develop Cdn soccer players. None. Nada. No academy, waste of time 'tryouts'. etc. I am glad they are pulling out the stops for young Yanks and Aussies though, they are so hard done by. Canada's team my arse!

All due respect Ed, there is no way Canizalez had as much impact as Robinson. Having watched TFC in person all year, I see Robinson in the same way as I see Daniel Imhof, a type of guy who is a vital cog to the midfield, but is only noticed when he is not there because he is not flashy and does all of the "dirty" work.

I'm not going to comment on any of the Academy stuff, since I don't really know what the real story is there. Although that doesn't stop others from repeatedly giving their two cents about it!

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

All due respect Ed, there is no way Canizalez had as much impact as Robinson. Having watched TFC in person all year, I see Robinson in the same way as I see Daniel Imhof, a type of guy who is a vital cog to the midfield, but is only noticed when he is not there because he is not flashy and does all of the "dirty" work.

I'm not going to comment on any of the Academy stuff, since I don't really know what the real story is there. Although that doesn't stop others from repeatedly giving their two cents about it!

Sorry Rudi, got my UK tribes mixed up. Meant that useless Welsh. Robinson is fine.

GOLTV announced yesterday that TFC had signed some high priced talent from a columbian team offloading its big contracts....anyone else see that?....it said he was awaiting a work permit.

edit:

here's a blurb about it....sorry if this is somewhere else...i couldnt find it.

Victor Danilo Pacheco to Toronto FC (DONE DEAL)

According to this report on Boyaca Chico FC's website, the Colombian is headed to BMO as was rumored.

"Due to the unsustainable economic situation and to the refusal of the Government of Boyacá to continue with the sponsorship for the season 2008, this Tuesday was known that the talented one Víctor Danilo Pacheco will be going to continue its career in the Toronto F.C, of the MLS of the soccer of the United States".

I have a client in Colombia who confirmed that this story has been discussed on Colombian TV. Pacheco's current club is likely to start selling off a few players now that their main sponsor is pulling out.

My client told me that Pacheco is still a very fit player who should do well for TFC. Not quite as creative as Schelotto but still a solid #10.

lets see if it actually happens. this could possibly be a very good move.

ESPN: Guevara On Way to TFC

Tuesday, 18 March 2008

Toronto FC has spent the offseason looking for a playmaker capable of stepping in and giving the team's offense the spark it lacked in 2007. The second-year club is on the verge of landing that player and he is someone who has already proven capable of being a star in MLS.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=517578&cc=5901

quote:Originally posted by Bill Ault

ESPN: Guevara On Way to TFC

Tuesday, 18 March 2008

Toronto FC has spent the offseason looking for a playmaker capable of stepping in and giving the team's offense the spark it lacked in 2007. The second-year club is on the verge of landing that player and he is someone who has already proven capable of being a star in MLS.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=517578&cc=5901

Who's next Landycakes? Wanchope? Fcuk him and his bullet riden aging Honduran ass. What a waste of a buck 50. Probably two.

I've added the rumoured signings of Velez, Rosenlund and Guevera to the roster. (I'll leave them in bold until the signings are confirmed.)

That leaves one senior roster spot open. I can see one are two players from last year's roster being released or traded.

Alberto7

Kiki Musampa is definitely not with TFC. He apparently wanted more money than TFC or even NT Red Bulls were willing to pay (he was linked with NY briefly after leaving TFC's camp).

Vairelles did not impress and was released after the Texas pre-season tournament

Archived