Mick Wadsworth of Gretna - CSA Technical Director?

Loud Mouth Soup

It's difficult to find any specific info on Ray Clark's coaching career prior to the CSA. He is currently the CSA's "Director of Coaching and Player Development" - which I think he's been doing for quite a while. All I can see is his enthusiatic championing of the "BetterSoccerMoreFun" material (it really is excellent): http://www.bettersoccermorefun.com/dwtext/PBSIMF%20Book%20Page.htm

His job title sounds quite similar to Gary Miller's in scope... I wonder if Clark was simply Miller's successor and the CSA never actually appointed a successor to Howard in the actual TD role? But that would mean he's been in that role for the past 16 years... can that be right?

You know me....I'm no CSA cheerleader but fair is fair.

I hear Mr. Wadsworth is actually very credible choice for the TD job. A couple of people have said that he is a very good teacher and would likely do a lot of good work to improve the state of coaching education.

I just hope he, like Dick Bate, doesn't take the job and then, less than 1 year later, leave for greener pastures, frustrated by the way things are done by our friends at the CSA and the provinvcial associations. Dick had big plans too and they were impressive.

• 2 weeks later...

I am always suspicious of coaches who never get jobs in their own country. Especially when they have 4 Peofessional leagues. And always jump from job to job.

Like Bate this guy seems to move every year. Is he really interested in Canada or does he need another pay packet? Just look he is at Gretna and applied for this job.

Good luck to him.

Archived