Link to de Guzman video interview

FootieFool

A little nervous? Like maybe his conscience was bothering him because he has already made up his mind to play for Holland? Well personally I would not blame him for doing so. He has to think about his future, and one way to showcase his talents would be at the Euros with Holland where potential clubs like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Milan, etc. can see him up close than they would if he where back here playing for Canada in relative obscurity. Whatever his decision will be, he should be admired for the skillful player that he is and not condemned.

quote:Originally posted by rodfern2007

A little nervous? Like maybe his conscience was bothering him because he has already made up his mind to play for Holland? Well personally I would not blame him for doing so. He has to think about his future, and one way to showcase his talents would be at the Euros with Holland where potential clubs like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Milan, etc. can see him up close than they would if he where back here playing for Canada in relative obscurity. Whatever his decision will be, he should be admired for the skillful player that he is and not condemned.

The exposure argument is bunk. It's not like he's playing for some conference team, he's playing for one of the biggest clubs in Holland that often transfers players to big clubs. I'm sure Barcelona, Real Madrid and other big European clubs know very well who he is already.

quote:Originally posted by rodfern2007

Well personally I would blame him for playing for Holland if his reason was to gain an edge on signing for a bigger club, because that's so mercenary it's sad. If I were a Dutch supporter I'd call b.s. on that too, why should Canadian supporters accept that and support him?

Jono is 20 years old and a stand out in Eredivisie. Does anyone really believe he NEEDS to play for Holland to get into a bigger league and play for a bigger club? Look at all the players on top teams in Europe who play for weak nations, it can definitely be done.

Star players in Europe at his age hardly need international exposure to better their club careers, their club careers tend to better their club careers just fine.

Archived