cmisl predections

ranul

apparently the Calgary United team is made up mostly of Callies players, who won the senior men's national championship (outdoor). They have a good mix of young and more experienced talent, with the biggest name probably being Nic Reyes. I don't know much about the other teams but I hope the home crowd will push Calgary to the top.

Dave Randall (CUFC coach): “With the group of players we have put together it will be a great challenge for the other teams in the league to beat us. We are not underestimating our opponents but feel confident that we can win every game.”

So put Dave down for Calgary winning all 4 games this weekend.

Me? I think they may be a bit run down by the 3rd game on Saturday so I'll go with 3-1 for Calgary.

I believe Calgary (and Winnipeg) are each supposed to play five games each actually.

I think Calgary probably has that stronger team, but I think the sheer quantity of games could get to them (hopefully no injuries will result), in anycase, my fearless prognostications.

Calgary - 4-1

Edmonton - 2-1

Saskatoon - 2-1

Winnipeg - 0-5

In other words, everyone pounds on Winnipeg, and splits the rest amoungst themselves

quote:Originally posted by Kevin McMillan

I guess picking 7/8 games is pretty good ;)

Final standings were:

Calgary - 5-0

Edmonton - 2-1

Saskatoon - 1-2

Winnipeg - 5-0

Gonna be a tough year for the lads from Manitoba.... some highlights from the Drillers/United game http://drillersfans.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=110&Itemid=39

You mean 0-5 for Winnipeg, right?

quote:Originally posted by Kevin McMillan

I guess picking 7/8 games is pretty good ;)

Final standings were:

Calgary - 5-0

Edmonton - 2-1

Saskatoon - 1-2

Winnipeg - 5-0

Gonna be a tough year for the lads from Manitoba.... some highlights from the Drillers/United game http://drillersfans.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=110&Itemid=39

You mean to suggest the tournament didn't see 13 wins to 3 losses?!?!

:D... I'll make the change [:I]

I'm sure you cheered up the Winnipeg folks even if they knew it wasn't true. They lack team speed and grab a lot. That gets them into penalty troubles. On the bright side they did play better each game with the first being the worst (9-0 loss to Calgary).

The Edmonton Calgary game sounds great.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived