Canadian soccer stadiums for the national team

psveindhoven

quote:Originally posted by piltdownman

I would also say that when general tickets do go on sale, have a single section for away supports (104, or 127). Label it as such at point of sale, with a big disclaimer saying "fans sitting in the wrong section will be ejected due to public safety" or something.

Thats exactly what we need. With the disclaimer other fans will have no excuse.

quote:Originally posted by Number6

Edmonton is an embarrassing choice.

Hello Trinidad and Tobago. Why not just kick our players in the nuts before going out.

Hello the U-20 matches. The stadium was empty and did nothing to boost Canadas image. Canadian play did nothing inspirational, but neither did the cavernous empty stadium.

Sorry, but Edmonton had it run and it failed in my eyes. Until Edmonton is hungry for it and proves it can at least fill half the stadium without putting an opposing band on the field, I don't think it is the best place. Montreal or Vancouver is an option, but BMO is the national stadium and should stay that way. It has great sight lines and can provide an excellent atmosphere better than I have seen elsewhere in Canada.

The Costa Rica match was not marketed properly and there was little to none television coverage. The tickets were overpriced for the average fan and the Costa Ricans were given preferential seating in the midfield.

With that said, the south end from 112-115 was very good, from 116 onwards it was the sit down parade. If they were more intelligent with marketing and ticket pricing I think that things would improve. There could be more supporters in the south end instead of mixing families with supporters. Move the familes to the 200's or west stands, pack the south end with students, supporters and sports fans.

Also, it was a horrible wet night, which also should be taken into account.

I wish Toronto could get all the games, but this is Canada trying to qualify for the world cup, not just Toronto. The CSA should set up packages to make it easier and more affordable for fans to make trips accross the country to support our boys.

quote:Originally posted by ekaram

[brI wish Toronto could get all the games, but this is Canada trying to qualify for the world cup, not just Toronto. The CSA should set up packages to make it easier and more affordable for fans to make trips accross the country to support our boys.

Does anybody know if anybody with the CSA or Vs have ever spoken to Air Canada or WestJet about special deals for fans across the country to get to wherever Canada's home matches are being played? Perhaps a couple of sections could be set aside at BMO as the 'WestJet/Voyageurs Supporters' section' where somebody from Van/Edm/Winnipeg, etc. could purchase a ticket/discounted flight from the airline.

^ I'll make some phone calls next week. let me see what can be done. once I get my CSSU site up, I can offer free ads to their ticketing sites in return for a discount code so fans from the various groups can fly less expensively to support the boys

Archived