Jackson to Peterborough?

An Observer

Not sure how many strikers jump from Conference up two divisions via a transfer though, so while more interesting, I think a club like Peterborough are a more likely candidate for a transfer.

Certainly we need Jackson to play at a higher level than conference soon.

Peterborough should be a good move for Jackson. They are currently in a play off position and really probably aiming for a top 3 finish and move up to League One. During the 2005/06 2006/07 (the two past seasons) they have been in League Two they have finished inside the top ten. Peterborough were relegated to League Two in the 2004/05 season.

• 2 weeks later...
quote:Originally posted by RamR

Seems that a couple of them are worried about losing O'Brien White to Canada while on this message board I recall a consensus that he is already tied to Jamaica. Or am I wrong on the V's general perception of this player?

He's past his 21st bday, he can't go back now if he's cap-tied to Jamaica...which he would be if he played in an official youth match (ie. qualifying). If he never played in an offical youth match, he isn't cap-tied and could switch, but i seriously doubt that's the case.

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

He's past his 21st bday, he can't go back now if he's cap-tied to Jamaica...which he would be if he played in an official youth match (ie. qualifying). If he never played in an offical youth match, he isn't cap-tied and could switch, but i seriously doubt that's the case.

He did in fact play in an official youth match for Jamaica - and in fact he played against us.

On the flip side, as soon as Simeon Jackson hits 21 (which I think is this year) any possibility of him playing for Jamaica will be gone (not that he's shown any interest in that regard).

This would be a great move for him. I really can't wait to see this guy excel for Canada. He played really well for us in the u-20 game vs Argentina in May. Anyways really think he is a potential senior team starting striker.

Archived