Canadian Soccer Supporters United - News?

Guest Dave

Dave

We are working on our website at the present time. Its been a struggle to juggle work, family and CSSU projects but we are finding time. I've got some days off between today and Jan 2 so I plan on getting a lot of website work done over this break.

There are some other projects that are in the infancy stage. Its a bit too early to go into any detail on any of it because these project may not come to fruition. We don't want to make promises that can't be kept.

thanks for the interest and we will certainly keep you all up to date as we have news to report. Once the site is ready to be seen, we'll be looking for regular input/feedback to make it as good as it can be.

Number6, change can take place in a number of ways. Hoping that the government will get involved is futile, in my opinion. They won't get involved until all the internal ducks are all in a row and when change is inevitable. Then they will step in to bask in the glory (am I cynical or what... :)

certain members of the CSA talk a good game about making change. It's hard to believe that all of a sudden they've discovered religion after doing such a terrible job of stewardship of the game for basically as long as the organization has existed. I find it hard to believe they will do what's necessary to right the ship. The CSA structure is all wrong (provinces control the national body as opposed to vice versa). There are so many other things to say but they've been said before. I can see you are a new poster to the board. Take a look at some of the threads going back to August when Linford resigned and you'll see hundreds of pages of commentary on the topic of what's wrong with the CSA.

IMO, For change to happen, it will require a massive effort to get clubs to agree that change is needed and to do the unthinkable.....stop giving money to the CSA, Provinces and Districts. It's going to be tough but it's worth the effort if we care about the future of the game in this country.

AUSOCCERFAN...CSSU was established prior to the September freindly at BMO Field between Canada and Costa Rica. many of us wanted to stage a protest pre-game to voice our displeasure with the CSA. Not all V's were in agreement with the way we wanted to protest and speak out. Rather than call the protest a Voyageurs initiative and likely upset those V's who could not agree with the Black T-Shirt campaign, we established CSSU to represent the people from various supporters groups who were in support of wearing black at the game.

Based on the relative success of that protest, we demanded a meeting with the CSA to voice the concerns of the supporters of soccer in Canada, which was granted. Minutes of the meeting are available here on the message board.

Since then, we've decided to commit ourselves to working with people who share our views to try to bring about change. We know we face a long and winding road and we're not exactly sure what's going to happen but we are committed to the cause.

Anyone interested in more info, feel free to email me. My email address is available if you click on my profile.

Archived