De Vos Interview

Phil_Ipswich

The thing is, Magilton "slammed" Peters last year, then Peters went and won the most improved player award. I wouldn't read too much into that statement alone. There is still hope for Peters.

A question, where was De Guzman and Hutchinson when they were 20?

quote:Originally posted by Jamit

The thing is, Magilton "slammed" Peters last year, then Peters went and won the most improved player award. I wouldn't read too much into that statement alone. There is still hope for Peters.

A question, where was De Guzman and Hutchinson when they were 20?

DeGuzman was at Marseille I think, with the youth. Hutchinson was in Toronto with the Lynx.

I agree that Peters is far away from done in Europe but he must resolve this attitude problem.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

DeGuzman was at Marseille I think, with the youth. Hutchinson was in Toronto with the Lynx.

I agree that Peters is far away from done in Europe but he must resolve this attitude problem.

Wrong, de Guzman was in Saarbruecken, working his ass off playing in front of crowds of a couple of hundred in Saarbruecken's amateur team. He had the work ethic and a coach (Dieter Ferner) who pushed him. After seeing Peters bail on K'town and now receiving criticism two seasons in a row at Ipswich, he might need an attitude adjustment.

quote:Originally posted by nolando

Fortunately, as we know from JB, or Simpson's experience there are other leagues (TFC?) for players not deemed quite good enough for the Championship

Simpson left Milwall because his contract had expired and Milwall was not very attractive as they were relegated from the Championship not because he was not good enough to play there. JB wanted to come home to Canada so I don't think you can say he wasn't good enough for the Championship where he had played successfully for many years.

Accuracy issues asside, as much as we like to criticize the poor youth development in England it seems like Peters is responsible for his own dilemma.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

DeGuzman started off at Marseilles ( in their youth academy) before ever going to Germany. I am certain of that.

Yes he did but he signed with Saarbruecken at the age of 19 so Ed is correct except that I think by the time he was 20 like Peters is now he had already won a place on the Saarbruecken first team.

quote:Originally posted by speedmonk42

I just can't imagine what would happen to the CSA if they stopped these people from playing.

Since these stories have reached legendary status, have we ever got actual confirmation on how they came about?

I would like to know the details, because that is the only way we can stop it from happening again.

If we don't have something to replace it, and the CSA stops it, they will get ****** in the *** for a very long long time.

If this is a continuing trend;

Maybe we should send out a Voyageur letter to the venues. Express our disatisfaction, as fans, at the "un-canadian" atmosphere being generated by their actions. I think trooper or prism would love to play swanguard;)

quote:Originally posted by pulsar

If this is a continuing trend;

Maybe we should send out a Voyageur letter to the venues. Express our disatisfaction, as fans, at the "un-canadian" atmosphere being generated by their actions. I think trooper or prism would love to play swanguard;)

FYI - We've (CSSU) have already been putting out some feelers about this...

Archived