SVG game in Toronto on the 7th??

Sam

* Next game: Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Toronto, Canada - 07 June 2008. (FIFA World Cup 2010 Qualifier)

I took this from wikipedia, I know it is probably edited, and it isn't confirmed, but could this be a rumour with some truth behind it? If it is complete BS someone can lock this, but I just want to make sure it isn't.

The game WILL be played in Toronto. You can take that to the bank.

The date sounds legit as well. It will be played on a weekend date not being used by TFC. They have not announced the full MLS schedule yet but my guess is TFC won't be playing at home on June 7.

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

The game WILL be played in Toronto. You can take that to the bank.

The date sounds legit as well. It will be played on a weekend date not being used by TFC. They have not announced the full MLS schedule yet but my guess is TFC won't be playing at home on June 7.

Damn, was hpoing for a dobleheader (or at least 2 games with 2 days).

It would make the trip all the better.

No chance for Saputo ?

quote:Originally posted by Bill Spiers

A CSA "Calendar of Events for 2008" that I have seen shows the home game against SVG for the weekend of June 14th./15th. - but no location shown (other than Canada).

if you've got a Calendar of events, then I'm guessing your date is likely more accurate. However, I've been told that Toronto is the location. We'll know for sure when the MLS schedule is released next month.

I personally would like to see this game at Stade Saputo. I don't believe SV&G is a big enough draw to get a big crowd in Toronto but I'm sure we could get a good crowd at the smaller stadium in Montreal and it would be nice of the CSA to throw the Saputos a bone for building their own facility. Plus, what is better than Montreal in June...not much, IMHO.

quote:Originally posted by piltdownman

Airfare from YYZ to SVD : Sunday to Sunday from is only $580 with tax , same price for Monday to Monday.

Meanwhile for us out west its $900 to get to Toronto. Geeze I can get to the Euro's for that...

That is ridiculous. $900+ including taxes to Toronto. Both Westjet and Air Canada are the same price. Hopefully prices come down before then.

quote:Originally posted by themodelcitizen

how'd you like the makeover I gave the Canadian nats page on wiki. [8D]

Much-needed history section added, feel free to adjust as needed. Could use some info on key players from specific decades, all I'm really familiar with is post-2000 so I'll leave that to whoever wants to edit it.

Looks awesome! Glad to see it doesn't have such a negative spin anymore. Remember when it used to play up the u-20 win against brazil as our greatest accomplishment?

Archived