Capello looks to reign in England

boban1

Guest Jeffery S.

Poor England, Capello gets results with clubs but their play is usually terribly boring, he does not have his teams play attractively, he exposes players' deficiencies. England will be unbearable, he is nowhere near the quality of Ericksson for example.

I am convinced he will not be able to do anything with so few matches, no training to get his system in place. A huge error for England in my view. I don't know how they could have been sucked into signing him.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Poor England, Capello gets results with clubs but their play is usually terribly boring, he does not have his teams play attractively, he exposes players' deficiencies. England will be unbearable, he is nowhere near the quality of Ericksson for example.

I am convinced he will not be able to do anything with so few matches, no training to get his system in place. A huge error for England in my view. I don't know how they could have been sucked into signing him.

Agree entirely.

Nothing is in stone yet....the papers over here are talking like he already signed on the dotted line but that's not the case....at least from what i've read....the bigger news is that his mother doesn't want him to go. That being said....speaking with some of the brits i know here, they would welcome him ---big time-----.

What would worry me is that although Capello has a good club record, it is also all with the top clubs in various leagues whose player budgets alone ensure a large degree of success. England these days is probably the equivalent of a mid-table team internationally and we have not seen Capello have any success with a smaller team that exceeded expectations.

I make no comment about how Capello did with Real Madrid, but with Roma they played anything but boring soccer. They were always very attack-minded, often went with three strikers & attacking full-backs & indeed their downfall often was that they couldn't defend (which I'd also say has been a problem for England recently).

Ledley King could be comming back. A big plus for England as Rio is only on the team because he plays for United.

Capello's Team (My Prediction)

-----------------Robinson

----Richards-----King----Terry ©----A Cole

-----------------Barry---Carrick

-------------------Gerrard

-----Walcott------Owen-----------------J Cole

Guest Jeffery S.

Another problem with Capello: with him there you are going to have to alter a century of English football, totally alter a playing style, for it to work. But that is the sort of erase-everything-and-start-all-over-again mentality they have imposed on themselves. Too bad for world football though.

I heard he took his chef, his Pilates instructor and his enologist with him as well, is that true?

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Another problem with Capello: with him there you are going to have to alter a century of English football, totally alter a playing style, for it to work. But that is the sort of erase-everything-and-start-all-over-again mentality they have imposed on themselves. Too bad for world football though.

I heard he took his chef, his Pilates instructor and his enologist with him as well, is that true?

Don't know, but I'm more interested in his choice of No. 2 on his coaching staff: will it be an Englishman or an Italian with English connections (i.e. Zola)? Anyone read any rumours/articles about that situation?

Archived