Canadian soccer search is on !!

JB_Tito

Canadian soccer search is on

By THE CANADIAN PRESS

OTTAWA - The Canadian Soccer Association's search is officially on for a general secretary and technical director.

The national soccer organization posted both jobs on its website Monday.

The general secretary position replaces the chief executive officer, which brings Canada in line with other countries that use the title. [:0]

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Soccer/Canada/2007/12/10/4717648-cp.html

http://www.canadasoccer.com/eng/notice/General_Secretary.pdf

http://www.canadasoccer.com/eng/notice/Technical_Director.pdf

quote:Originally posted by loyola

I thought we had insider information about a certain lawyer being hired as the General Secretary.

I had not heard that. Unusual for a lawyer to be just a secretary. The ads could just be something for sake of appearances and fairness.

There are rumours floating around that the TD position being posted is merely a formality. I'm told that they have someone already in their sight and are working to close the deal. I don't have a name or current employer for the CSA's candidate.

quote:Originally posted by Ed

Anybody want to put odds up on it being Colin Miller (for TD)?

I don't think he would want the TD job. I'm pretty sure he would want to be able to get stuck in with training and coaching as much as possible. He definitely not someone that can or wants to play politics (which, unfortunately, will be part of being TD).

My money is on Miller for the Olympic Team Head Coach position - which would be based at the Vancouver National Team Office.

He could be tempted by the Assistants job at TFC but I think the fact his family are still living in the Vancouver area would make that decision very difficult.

(Edit - I just noticed the deadline for the U23 job was December 7th, so we should find out who gets that position fairly soon.)

quote:Originally posted by Ed

Anybody want to put odds up on it being Colin Miller (for TD)?

I don't think he would want the TD job. I'm pretty sure he would want to be able to get stuck in with training and coaching as much as possible. He definitely not someone that can or wants to play politics (which, unfortunately, will be part of being TD).

My money is on Miller for the Olympic Team Head Coach position - which would be based at the Vancouver National Team Office.

He could be tempted by the Assistants job at TFC but I think the fact his family are still living in the Vancouver area would make that decision very difficult.

(Edit - I just noticed the deadline for the U23 job was December 7th, so we should find out who gets that position fairly soon.)

Archived