Tam and Atiba on Setanta tomorrow

Lomonty

Guest Jeffery S.

I am also looking forward to it.

At Madrid is very on form right now, though mostly at home, and not without problems. Their stadium is where most goals are scored by either side in any of the top European leagues, so spectacular as well, and a bit fragile defensively alongside a great attack.

Hmmm. Not quite sure what to write.

Nsaliwa playing in the center of the midfield in what could be described as a disciplined 4-4-2 and while clearly charged with the defensive responsibility in the midfield I wouldn't call him a holding mid. Plenty of freedom to move between the boxes in AEK's scheme. Think a more attacking Hutch in our 4-5-1 from this past summer.

OOP. Just scored on a cross from 8 yards with a left footer after joining a speculative flanking rush just after the whistle. None too pretty but an alert strike all the same. Good man.

Good job reading ebb and flow of play both defensively and attacking in the 1st half.

Nsaliwa is the best "Canadian player" in Europe right now. He plays everyweek for AEK and is a rock in their midfield. He almost anchored them to the Champions League but he plays along side washed up players like Rivaldo and other misfits.

You heard it here first: Nsaliwa signs with a big European side next season. Some would consider AEK big enough. But he is already getting attention from Olympiakos, Panathinaikos and PSV.

Too bad he probably wont play for Canada any time soon because he revoked his citizenship to get a German passport.

Having him Atiba and JDG in the Canadian first eleven would be nice. And Canada just might enjoy the lions' share of possesion in some games.

The Guz will be on the box tomorrow against Barca so we'll get a look see at him to. Nsaliwa, Hutch and The Guz all in the same week. That's a rare treat let me tell you. And a great chance to see how everyone is getting on these days. Not sure if Nsaliwa is the best Canadian in UEFA right now but we're getting the matches to judge with.

Yeah, Nsaliwa's eligibility. Need to be a FIFA lawyer to figure that one out. I'm sure FIFA can't ban him from international football solely on the basis of his immigrating but they can say he's now not eligible for Canada, cap-tied or no, and is only eligible to represent the country of his birth or the country for which he is a citizen and has been ably employed in for however many years it is in the rules (3 I though).

Mitch can say whatever he wants. It seems false confidence to me. I think Nsaliwa is lost to us if he renounces his citizenship.

Anyway, he's still a Canadian citizen today and hopefully he'll be a Canuck, in heart as well as on paper, for many years to come.

This MOD is a tosser. After closing a fair thread in the women's post I will no longer acknowledge you. Below you will find answers you seek.

In order to obtain a German passport in 2001 he had to renounce his Canadian citizenship it was the only way. He has already been capped by Canada, but is inelgibale to play for them because of his German citizenship.

Without his German citizenship he would count as a non EU player and would therefore not be playing in Greece unless AEK count him as a foreign player. But that would be stupid on there part.

The big loser in all this is team Canada.

If Mitchell could of called up Nsaliwa, he would've. Lets face it, Martin Nash, Richard Hastings are there because theres nobody else available.

Nsaliwa is regularly featured on the Greek League Best 11 in sports dailies. No question he's the best. JDG 2nd, Atiba a close 3rd. Unless you consider Jonathan De Guzman and Daniel Fernandes "Canadians". Then I'd rank them: 1. Jon DG 2. Nsaliwa 3. Fernandes

quote:Originally posted by Mr. Knowitall

You heard it here first: Nsaliwa signs with a big European side next season. Some would consider AEK big enough. But he is already getting attention from Olympiakos, Panathinaikos and PSV.

I dont believe PSV are interested in him or any other midfielder. They have about 7/8 capable midfielders and are more likely on the look out for full-backs on either side.

Thank you captain obvious. I'm talking about next season. How many of those 7/8 capable midfielders will be around next season in a league that usually has a high turnover rate in the offseason.

Nsaliwa has signed a 5 year deal with AEK but has a transfer fee release clause. The exact number varies between Greek and Dutch reports. I'm not saying he will end up at PSV. But there is interest. And he will end up at a bigger club for sure.

You heard it here first: Nsaliwa signs with a big European side next season. Some would consider AEK big enough. But he is already getting attention from Olympiakos, Panathinaikos and PSV

Are Olympiakos and Panathinaikos really that much bigger than AEK Athens?

Guest Jeffery S.

I've seen Tam play. He'd be great for us. But he is playing at a lower level than Julian in a much easier league, where some stadiums have less fans than the Whitecaps. Still, not to knock him, in fact he has a similar style as Julian and this whole screw up is terrible for us, and for him. I think FIFA should solve the question for us as it is unfair to him as a professional.

By the way, you are wrong about AEK's importance in Greece, especialy in relation to Panathinaikos, totally wrong. These are the results since the league was founded in its current form in 1959, they are almost even in championships in the last 20 years, and Olimpiakos is way ahead of either:

1959-60 Panathinaikos

1960/61 Panathinaikos

1961/62 Panathinaikos

1962/63 AEK

1963/64 Panathinaikos

1964/65 Panathinaikos

1965/66 Olympiakos

1966/67 Olympiakos

1967/68 AEK

1968/69 Panathinaikos

1969/70 Panathinaikos

1970/71 AEK

1971/72 Panathinaikos

1972/73 Olympiakos

1973/74 Olympiakos

1974/75 Olympiakos

1975/76 PAOK

1976/77 Panathinaikos

1977/78 AEK

1978/79 AEK

1979/80 Olympiakos

1980/81 Olympiakos

1981/82 Olympiakos

1982/83 Olympiakos

1983/84 Panathinaikos

1984/85 PAOK

1985/86 Panathinaikos

1986/87 Olympiakos

1987/88 Larisa

1988/89 AEK

1989/90 Panathinaikos

1990/91 Panathinaikos

1991/92 AEK

1992/93 AEK

1993/94 AEK

1994/95 Panathinaikos

1995/96 Panathinaikos

1996/97 Olympiakos

1997/98 Olympiakos

1998/99 Olympiakos

1999/00 Olympiakos

2000/01 Olympiakos

2001/02 Olympiakos

2002/03 Olympiakos

2003/04 Panathinaikos

2004/05 Olympiakos

2005/06 Olympiakos

2006/07 Olympiakos

Thank you captain obvious. I'm talking about next season. How many of those 7/8 capable midfielders will be around next season in a league that usually has a high turnover rate in the offseason.

Nsaliwa has signed a 5 year deal with AEK but has a transfer fee release clause. The exact number varies between Greek and Dutch reports. I'm not saying he will end up at PSV. But there is interest. And he will end up at a bigger club for sure.

PSV have renewed contract with 3 of those midfielders in the last few months (Bakkal , Simons , Afellay) , 2 midfielders were signed last summer (Vd Leegte , Perez) , 1 is unhappy but PSV are trying to get a new deal with him (Aissati) , and the last one is (Edison Mendez).

PSV dont need any midfielders , all of these with MAYBE the exception of 1 will be there next year. I did call them capable for a reason...[8)]

I could have name Jason Culina and Mika Vayrynen as well but they will leave.

Your the one being obvious. You say he will end up at a bigger club because he's been playing well this season but yet , you didnt show any serious links where there was being spoken about interest in the player. You just name the only 2 bigger clubs in Greece and a foreign team.

Archived