Canada's U-17 team to play in Coral Springs, FL

loyola

Women's U-17 Team

Friday, October 12, 2007

Canada's U-17 team to play in Coral Springs, FL

Monica Lam-Feist

Canada's women's junior (U-17) national team will take part in its third training camp of the year this 17-24 November. The Canadian team will travel to Coral Springs, FL where they will train for a week and take part in two international friendly matches and one exhibition match.

"The games versus the United States and Chile will be our first full international games," says head coach Bryan Rosenfeld. "It will be a good test for the squad to see how they perform under the additional pressure of international soccer."

Along with their new title sponsor BMO Financial Group, the Canadian U-17 team is making early preparations for next year's inaugural FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup New Zealand 2008. Coach Rosenfeld has looked at new players in each camp, from the Ottawa camp in June to the Alabama camp in August. The Florida camp will feature a group of core players that performed consistently over the previous two camps. The Florida camp will also include some new players that have performed well at the national training centres across the country.

Canada will play a United States development team on 19 November (US Region IV), the United States' U-17 team on 21 November, and the Chilean U-17 team on 23 November. The Canadian roster for these games will be announced by early November.

When players try out for Provincial and/or National teams if they are not selected then the selectors should tell the player exactly why they were not selected. Then if the deficiencies can be corrected (obviously not height) then the player has an opportunity to work on those deficiencies. To merely say you were not good enough, or to imply it by not selecting a player is not good enough. Cutting players from a program is a difficult thing for a coach to do. In selecting 18 players there is often very little that seperates the final three picked or the last three cut. When I had to do it I always had my manager call the players who made the team and I personally called the players who I had to let go. I always told them the reasons why (In my opinion) I was not selecting them and if I had made a mistake it was up to them to prove me wrong. Sometimes the players would work very hard to improve the things that I thought they lacked and I often would admit my mistake by selecting them the following year. Desire and hard work can sometimes make up for my mistake, but not trying will never get me to change my mind.

Start asking questions of the selectors in the particular case you mentioned. Bias does occur especially if the selectors have players they have personally coached in the selection pool.

quote:Originally posted by soccermom

Do you know what the final roster will be for the November camp I'm curious to know if any Alantic NTC players will be invited to this camp one player who is part of Altantic NTC has won the top scorer at All Stars and just won the golden boot at Club Nationals but doesn't seem to get any recognition for her play. She is quick, skilled and creative but of course is only 5'5 so dosen't fit the CSA mold therefore never gets a chance to show what she can do. However time after time continues to perform well at National events...doesn't make sense.

The player should ask the NTC coach directly and if she doesn't get a satisfactory answer, call the national team coach directly and ask. Nothing to lose. At this level though parents should keep out of the loop, it is a matter between the player and the coaches/selectors.

quote:Originally posted by soccermom

Do you know what the final roster will be for the November camp I'm curious to know if any Alantic NTC players will be invited to this camp one player who is part of Altantic NTC has won the top scorer at All Stars and just won the golden boot at Club Nationals but doesn't seem to get any recognition for her play. She is quick, skilled and creative but of course is only 5'5 so dosen't fit the CSA mold therefore never gets a chance to show what she can do. However time after time continues to perform well at National events...doesn't make sense.

Has any NT Coah visited the Atlantic NTC recently? I know that they will be visiting the Quebec NTC next week so maybe they will also make the trip further East.

One last chance for these players

• 3 weeks later...

This list was found on the Nova Scotia Soccer website:

British Columbia

1. Monica Liam Fiest, BC, 91

2. Natalie Boyd, BC, 91

Alberta

3. Robyn Dutton, ALB, 91

4. Karli Hedlund , ALB, 91

5. Danica Wu, ALB, 92

6. Tereza Statsny, ALB, 91

Manitoba

7. Amy Harrison, MAN, 91

Ontario

8. Bryanna Mc Carthy, ONT,91

9. Lacey Warner, ONT, 91

10. Tiffany Cameron, ONT 91

11. Angelika Uremovich, ONT 91

12. Caroline Szwed, ONT, 91

13. Alyscha Mottershead, ONT, 91

14. Shelina Zadorsky, ONT92

15. Sabrina D Angelo, ONT,93

Quebec

16. Rachel Lamarre, QUE 91

17 Marialye LarameeTrottier,QUE,91

18. Cynthia Leblanc, QUE, 91

19. Sarah Boucher, QUE, 91

Nova Scotia

20. Nkem Ezurike, NS

Women's U-17 Team

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Canada announces U-17 roster for Florida camp

Robyn Dutton

Canada’s women’s junior (U-17) national team announced their roster for their third training camp of the 2007 season. The camp takes place in Coral Springs, FL from 17-24 November. Canada will train for a week and take part in two international friendly matches and one exhibition match.

'These games come at a good time for us,' says head coach Bryan Rosenfeld. 'In these past two months, I have visited several of our National Training Centres, observed the BMO National Championships U-16 Club Championship, and received progress reports regarding the players from the Canadian Soccer Association staff in their associated centres. The Players have been working very hard in their respective centres and these international games come at a very good time for us. In addition to providing international experience for the players it will also allow the staff an opportunity to clarify our next steps in preparation for FIFA U-17 World Cup qualification.'

Along with their new title sponsor BMO Financial Group, the Canadian U-17 team is making early preparations for next year’s inaugural FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup New Zealand 2008. Coach Rosenfeld has looked at new players in each camp, from the Ottawa camp in June to the Alabama camp in August. Rosenfeld also had the opportunity of watching players at the BMO National Championships in July (All-Star Selects) and October (Club Championships).

The Florida camp features 13 players returning for their third camp of the season, including captain Monica Lam-Feist, BMO National Championships U-16 All-Star Selects co-Top Scorer Tiffany Cameron, and BMO National Championships U-16 All-Star Selects Top Goalie Sarah Boucher. Two other players are taking part in their second camp.

The five new faces are defender Natalie Boyd, midfielder Amy Harrison, midfielder Alyscha Mottershead, striker Nkem Ezurike, and striker Tereza Stastny.

Ezurike is one of six Canadian U-17 players that took part in October’s BMO National Championships U-16 Club Championship in Sherwood Park, AB (the adidas Cup). Ezurike played for the club Scotia while Karli Hedlund and Danica Wu played for the Edmonton Strikers. On the podium, Sarah Boucher and Marialye Laramée-Trottier both won bronze medals with the Dynamo de Québec while Robyn Dutton - granddaughter of former NHL player/president and World War I veteran Red Dutton - won a gold medal with the Calgary Foothills Colts.

Canada will play a United States development team on 19 November (US Region IV), the United States’ U-17 team on 21 November, and the Chilean U-17 team on 23 November. The Canadian roster for these games will be announced by early November.

Canada

Head Coach / Entraîneur-chef : Bryan Rosenfeld

Assistant Coach / Entraîneur adjoint :#8200;Lewis Page

Goalkeeper coach / Entraîneur des gardiens :

Owen Braun

Athletic Therapist / Thérapeute athlétique :

Alicia Crelinsten

Strength and Conditiong - Equipment Manager / Entraîneur de force et condition - Gérant des équipements : Paolo Pacione

Sarah Boucher

Cynthia Leblanc

Sabrina D’Angelo

Bryanna McCarthy

Lacey Warner

Robyn Dutton

Karli Hedlund

Natalie Boyd

Marialye Laramée-Trottier

Monica Lam-Feist

Danica Wu

Caroline Szwed

Alyscha Mottershead

Amy Harrison

Nkem Ezurike

Rachel Lamarre

Tereza Stastny

Tiffany Cameron

Shelina Zadorsky

Angelika Uremovich

• 2 weeks later...

US U15 v. Canada U16 tomorrow night (Wed).

Yesterday's result: US U15 (3) - Chile U16 (1)

USA / CHILE

33/8 -- Shots

23/5 -- Shots on Goal

5/20 -- Saves

9/0 -- Corner Kicks

The Chile goal was a PK. Not so sure the Chileans got much out of that. The USA U14 team would have been a closer standard to strive for, and the USA U13 team probably gives them a run for the money.

Women's U-17 Team

Monday, November 19, 2007

Canada U-17 loses 0:1 to US Region IV in Florida

Canada's women's junior (U-17) national team lost their first of three matches in Coral Springs, FL today. The Canucks lost 0:1 to the United States' development team - U.S. Region IV.

"It was a disappointing loss," said head coach Bryan Rosenfeld. "We must capitalize on goal-scoring opportunities when they arise. We lacked concentration and discipline in our defending when fatigued."

Canada’s women’s junior (U-17) national team, whose title sponsor is BMO Financial, is training this full week in Florida. The team plays three matches: the first against U.S. Region IV today (an 0:1), the next against the United States' U-17 national team (21 November), and the third against the Chilean U-17 national team (23 November). The 21 and 23 November matches are the first full international matches for this Canadian team.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

U17 WNT Camp announced

(CSA website)

"Canada's women's U-17 team will hold their first camp of the 2008 season in mid-March in the Toronto, ON. Coach Bryan Rosenfeld will run a nine-day camp from 15-23 March. The training location will be finalized in the coming week based on weather implications..."

Archived