UNDER 20 PLAYER POOL

AEDIFICAMUS

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I compiled a small list of prospective players for the new U20 pool. I may have missed a few names, probably from the 90 group. Some of the unattached 90's may also be with the Whitecaps residency, if anyone has the list of players with the Caps, please post it.

GK:

Julien Latendresse-Levesque (91) Metz

Adam Street (91) West Ham

Defenders:

Nana Attakora-Gyan (89) Toronto FC

Gabe Gala (89) Toronto FC

Kennedy Owusu-Ansah (89) Hertha BSC

Olivier Lacoste-Lebuis (90) Strasbourg

Alex Martinez (89) Atlas

Randy Edwini-Bonsu (90) Metz

Sean Rosa (90) Metz

Philippe Davies (90) Metz

Midfielders:

Michael Nonni (89) Groningen

Matt Lam (89) Ajax Amsterdam

Shaun Shaiko (89) Middlesborough

Brandon Bonifacio (89) Cambuur-Leuwarden

Joey Melo (89) Toronto FC

Devin Gunenc (90) Vancouver

Mohommed Sylla (90) Unattached(?)

Marcus Johnstone (90) Unattached(?)

Abde Sylla (92) Metz

Forwards:

David Hoillett Jr. (90) Blackburn

Reid Fraser (89) Sheffield W.

Marcus Haber (89) Groningen

Robbie Giezen (89) Groningen

Chris Sherrife (90) Unattached(?)

Also, feel free to comment...

M Michael Perriera, ex Porto, now in US college.

F Todd Rutteledge, US college but played in the Scotland series a couple of years back

I think Rosa is a winger

If memory serves correctly, I believe Hyde got good reviews at fullback for the U-17s

I think you missed a few in germany as well

F Alexander Hanne - Hansa Rostock (German Bundesliga 1) (1) A-Jugend

RB/RM Eddy Sidra - Energie Cottbus (German Bundesliga 1) (1) A-Jugend

D Tomasz Machul - 1860 München (German Bundesliga 2) (2) U17 - although he can play for Poland as well I believe

Updated

GK:

Jaswinder Gill (89) U. of Alberta

Michal Misiewicz (89?) Plymouth

Julien Latendresse-Levesque (91) Metz

Adam Street (91) West Ham

Defenders:

Nana Attakora-Gyan (89) Toronto FC

Gabe Gala (89) Toronto FC

Kennedy Owusu-Ansah (89) Hertha BSC

Olivier Lacoste-Lebuis (90) Strasbourg

Alex Martinez (89) Atlas

Randy Edwini-Bonsu (90) Metz

Eddy Sidra (89) Energie Cottbus

Philippe Davies (90) Metz

Tomasz Machul (?) 1860 München

Greg Smith (90) Vancouver

Adam Straith (90) Vancouver

Midfielders:

Michael Nonni (89) Groningen

Matt Lam (89) Ajax Amsterdam

Shaun Saiko (89) Middlesborough

Brandon Bonifacio (89) Cambuur-Leuwarden

Joey Melo (89) Toronto FC

Michael Pereira (89) Providence

Dane Roberts (89) Fairfield

Sean Rosa (90) Metz

Devin Gunenc (90) Vancouver

Mohommed Sylla (90) Unattached(?)

Alex Semenets (90) Unattached(?)

Marcus Johnstone (90) Unattached(?)

Abde Sylla (92) Metz

Derek Gaudet (89) Unattached

Teal Bunbury (90) US-ODP

Antonio Rago (90) Vancouver

Forwards:

David Hoillett Jr. (90) Blackburn

Reid Fraser (89) Sheffield W.

Marcus Haber (89) Groningen

Robbie Giezen (89) Groningen

Alexander Hanne (?) Unattached(?)

Chris Sherrife (90) Unattached(?)

Todd Rutledge (89) Furman

Kyle Porter (90) Unattached?

Jarek Whiteman (90) Unattached?

Hanne doesn't seem to be with Hansa Rostock anymore. Doubt he figures at the national team level.

Also, don't see Machul getting much p/t at 1860 U19's.

Eddie/Mahir Sidra looks solid as a defender, playing 90 minutes every game for Energie Cottbus U19's in the U19 Bundesliga. I am not sure of his age. Transfermarkt has his birthday as 1/1/90 which I doubt as he played for a full season with U of A last year.

Jaswinder Gill and Michal Misiewicz are two keepers who have been invited to youth MNT camps/games in the past.

Gill is the starting keeper for the University of Alberta.

Misiewicz is listed as a member of Plymouth Argyle U-18 teams in the MOACA list.

quote:Originally posted by Jamit

Jake Inglis - Inverness CT (Scottish Premier League) (1) U19

He's an '88.

quote:Originally posted by CansoWhy do you have Marcus Haber as a forward?

He's been moved back to forward by Groningen and has been scoring consistently...

quote:Originally posted by canso

Why did he start against Chile then? Forwards can't defend!!!

That just does my head in!! He ruined my Canada Day and know you're telling me he was not only two years too young but he was played out of position!?!? Fookin Ell.

I think he's been recently converted as a striker for Groningen.

As for him ruining your Canada Day I think you are unfair since ourt team was weak and Chile was miles ahead of us and we would never got out with a tie.

quote:Originally posted by matthew

It's Shaun Saiko btw. I didn't know Rutledge was that young hmmm . . .

The backend looks good, but honestly the group for 07 looked staggering on paper two years ago . . .

cheers,

matthew

I actually should know how to spell his name, i just typed it incorrectly (and i pasted the first list into the second). thanks.

I agree we did look strong on paper, but that was with Jonathan De Guzman at Feyenoord, Steven Vitoria at Porto, Jacob Lensky at Celtic and Manny Gomez at River Plate. We all know how much those 4 played...

Hey, what about that francophone kid from the east coast who played at Boca Jr.'s? Anyone know who i'm talking about? Was he an '89?

quote:Originally posted by speedmonk42

What happened to Lensky and Gomez?

Can't recall the sordid details there.

Lensky decided he would not play for us in this tournament. Mitchell decided Gomez would not play for us in this tournament.

I would add defenders Will Hyde, Daniel Tannous & Adam Straith (Whitecaps) who all played regularly for the U17s, midfielder Antonio Rago (Whitecaps) and strikers Jarek Whiteman and Kyle Porter who played (and scored) for us at the U17s. Maybe Teal Bunbury playing in the US? All these guys are 90s.

Come on people, you are naming for the most part the same kids that made up the U17 team that didn't qualify for the U17 World Cup. If you think that is the strongest group give me a break we are really in trouble. There is other talent out there but politics and favoritism ruins it and we see the same kids time after time who haven't proven themselves i.e. not qualifying get picked again for the next team or the next age group up. Time for a change. The successful Nigerian team's coach went all across his country and watched kids and then gathered the most talented together and then slowly narrowed it down. We should do the same thing. We need to look at how other countries have changed things around, not pick players but how influential their coach is or who their parent is or .... And by the way the Whitecaps residency again only has those same U17 players with the exception of one goalie, one younger kid from Alberta and two U19's from the Whitecaps U17/18 team. Niendorf and the Whitecaps are in bed with the CSA - they didn't look past that U17 group to start their Residency program. Again politics. Here's another question. Why did the U15's do so well in the Concacaf Caribbean cup tournament and win Gold in 2005 but two years later couldn't even qualify, placed last. There are other boys out there - I know of at least two players who were in the NTC but were injured most of last year so missed their opportunity but are every bit as good as those other players that were selected and I am sure there are others as well in the same boat. Also just because their names are associated with a European team does not mean that they are better. Look at Haber, played poorly at the U20's. Some of our Canadian kids do not have the heritage that allows them to play in Europe. What about kids who chose to play soccer and get an education. What about those excellent players who are in the NCAA or Canadian Universities or will be going next year. It seems with the Canadian teams that once you are in - you are in - it should be how you perform. There should be a pool of players but instead of just inviting the same ones over and over to be on the same non-performing team they should get the whole pool together a few times per year and look at them together and see how they perform then choose players for the next team based on performance. Time to put some money into proper scouting and preparation and shake things up a bit - quit picking the same players that don't get us anywhere.

quote:Originally posted by sparky

Come on people, you are naming for the most part the same kids that made up the U17 team that didn't qualify for the U17 World Cup. If you think that is the strongest group give me a break we are really in trouble. There is other talent out there but politics and favoritism ruins it and we see the same kids time after time who haven't proven themselves i.e. not qualifying get picked again for the next team or the next age group up. Time for a change. The successful Nigerian team's coach went all across his country and watched kids and then gathered the most talented together and then slowly narrowed it down. We should do the same thing. We need to look at how other countries have changed things around, not pick players but how influential their coach is or who their parent is or .... And by the way the Whitecaps residency again only has those same U17 players with the exception of one goalie, one younger kid from Alberta and two U19's from the Whitecaps U17/18 team. Niendorf and the Whitecaps are in bed with the CSA - they didn't look past that U17 group to start their Residency program. Again politics. Here's another question. Why did the U15's do so well in the Concacaf Caribbean cup tournament and win Gold in 2005 but two years later couldn't even qualify, placed last. There are other boys out there - I know of at least two players who were in the NTC but were injured most of last year so missed their opportunity but are every bit as good as those other players that were selected and I am sure there are others as well in the same boat. Also just because their names are associated with a European team does not mean that they are better. Look at Haber, played poorly at the U20's. Some of our Canadian kids do not have the heritage that allows them to play in Europe. What about kids who chose to play soccer and get an education. What about those excellent players who are in the NCAA or Canadian Universities or will be going next year. It seems with the Canadian teams that once you are in - you are in - it should be how you perform. There should be a pool of players but instead of just inviting the same ones over and over to be on the same non-performing team they should get the whole pool together a few times per year and look at them together and see how they perform then choose players for the next team based on performance. Time to put some money into proper scouting and preparation and shake things up a bit - quit picking the same players that don't get us anywhere.

Dude, time to step up and provide us with your list of individuals who should make up the next U20 team. Keep in mind that you need to come up with at least 18 players who are not listed on our running tally. Please provide name, club affiliation, YOB.

Archived