Soca Warriors "Blacklist" lifted

jpg75

SocaWarriors.net is reporting that the T&T FA have lifted the ban on their World Cup players.

http://www.socawarriors.net/ne...1.htm

Kelvin Jack (Gillingham - ENG L1)

Marvin Andrews (Raith Rovers - SCO D2)

David Atiba Charles (W. Conection - TRI)

Cyd Gray (San Juan Jabloteh - TRI)

Brent Sancho (Unattatched)

Ian Cox (Gillingham - ENG L1))

Avery John (NE Revoultion - USA MLS)

Evans Wise (unattatched)

Aurtis Whitley (W Connection - TRI)

Chris Birchall (St. Mirren - SCO PL)

Kenwyne Jones (Sunderland - ENG PL)

Stern John (Southampton - ENG L1)

Collin Samuel (Toronto FC - USA MLS)

Cornell Glen (San Juan Jabloteh - Tri)

Anthony Wolfe (Atlanta Silverbacks - USA AL)

Clayton Ince (Walsall ENG L1)*

Carlos Edwards (Sunderland - ENG EPL)*

Jason Scotland (Swansea ENG L1)*

Dennis Lawrence (Swansea)*

* Self-imposed

The list copied is from a poster at BS

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602565

edit: corrected typo

For those not familiar with what happened, the T&T FA promised the players money for appearing at the WC last summer. However, they never delivered on that promise and the money went into Disco Jack Warners' gold-lined pockets.

The players complained and threatened to hold out (led by Dwight Yorke who has since retired from international play), and then the FA called them on it and imposed the "blacklist" to banish them all from the team.

The money has never been paid out. Not sure who from that list is going to want to play for T&T at this point, some will, some won't.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Hopefully we'll end up having them in our WCQ semi-final group ;).

I'm worried that'd be the last thing we need. Out of T&T, Panama and Guatemala (the teams that finished 4-6 last WCQ) IMO the Trini's would be the most dangerous in a SF group.

Guates are crap and Ruiz is their only saving grace. Panama is stable, decent D and some goal poaching. But they'll roll over for either the US or Mexico, allowing us to gain points on them if we can steal a result against either of those regional powers. But T&T can beat the Mexicans at home. Or, they could implode and lose points to a bottom team like Cuba or Haiti and steal points from us which would put us in a bind (of course, they could also implode against us). My point is i don't like the erraticness of T&T so close to qualifying. Nor do i like the prospect of being grouped with the Jamaicans for the same reasons.

This is a thread from BS

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=589677

CONCACAF appear to have seeded the teams based on the May rankings. If they follow through with this format to seed the groups for the SF round, then with a balanced seeding system the groups look like this:

Mexico

T&T

Jamaica

Guyana

USA

Panama

Cuba

Canada

Costa Rica

Honduras

Haiti

Guatemala

Or if they stick to the format they usually go with (last WCQ results)

Pot A:

Mexico

USA

Costa Rica

Pot B:

T&T

Panama

Guatemala

Pot C:

Honduras

Canada

Jamaica

SVG

SKN

El Salvador

*** Note some of the teams could change if there are "upsets" in the prelim. round.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

My remark about T&T was if they were strapped for players.

I hear ya, they sucked at the Gold Cup. If we could get THAT T&T in our SF group then we're laughing. But, if even half of these players cave in and play then i wouldn't want anything to do with that team. Gimme Guatemala instead...

Archived