Nominate your coaching Candidate

Trillium

quote:Originally posted by Ed

I am no apologist for the CSA.

Sounds like a famous quote from another Richard.

You certainly appear to be an apologist for the CSA in their handling of Hooper, Latham and Nonen.

Take no offence though Richard. I am an outright apologist for Charmaine Hooper

I am quite surprised by this Sidney Leroux story. Is this old news? I hadn't followed it. This cuts to the bone much more than Hargreaves or Jonathan de Guzman, as 1) she was a key player in our youth teams and 2) she has gone to the 'dark side' - our direct competition.

I merely have supported the findings of the adjudication overseen by the Sport Dispute Resolution Centre where both sides were given equal opportunity to present their case. I have also been outspoken with my criticism of Hooper's behavior since her no show for the China games and her collusion in that regard with the other two, behaviour which was appalling. If that is being an apologist for the CSA in your eyes then so be it.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by CoachRich

1. When asked by their coach, men will try to walk through wall without asking why. Women will ask why.

2. W/ men you can be very Drill Instructor like w/ them. W/ women it doesn't work as they still want to be treated & communicated too like women.

3. Social dynamics or why women think of teams as family. It was explained to me by a WNT Alumni that women function as a group more so as individuals. They want to belong to the group & fear not being a part of it. Listen to this interveiw Andrea Neil gave & how she uses the word family at 1:56

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/women/

Strikes me then that there is no way that women can be coached just like men, never mind being treated as women.

Yes, Richard you are correct. It is even stated in the "Wellness to WC" that women have to be trained different. Actually their training phase is 1 year ahead of mens.

-----

Vic, having seen the WNT & the up and comers practice numerous times for their spot on the WNT they are definitely playing w/ heart, determination, skill and being picked on merit. The players don't hold back as they all are competing for a spot. 1st time I went out to watch them, I was surprised how tough they were on one other.

House cleaned???? I don't think so as there is a long term plan in place for the core of players whether EP is around or not.

The Girl's & Women's game is changing at the club level due to the role models we have currently in the WNT, W-League & Premiership....just ask any girl or women soccer player who Man U' #7 is. In the future our WNT will be a top 3 but it takes time & support from the bottom to the top as well as the CSA changing.

Please let's move forward in support of our girls & women who are playing the game.....

quote:

Please let's move forward in support of our girls & women who are playing the game.....

Oh we're all trying to do that.

quote:

there is a long term plan in place for the core of players whether EP is around or not

The only thing that never changes is change.

I am a little confused. I thought Sidney Leroux was at the U20/U19 World Cup in Thailand in 2004 BUT was not selected to the U20 in Russia. She has played for the U17 US Team and was recently selected to the US U20 camp. I thought the Canadian coaches for the U20 was Bridge and Birarda. What does her leaving to play for the US have to do with Rosenfeld?

For speculation and discussion of possible scenarios when coach Pellerud's contract expires.

1. The CSA extends Pellerud's contract for another number of years.

2. The CSA appoints a qualified Canadian coach.

3. The CSA brings a new coach from somewhere in Europe.

4. The CSA lets the women's team linger without a coach for a year.

5. The CSA appoints an interim coach for an undetermined time.

any others?

quote:Originally posted by basics

I am a little confused. I thought Sidney Leroux was at the U20/U19 World Cup in Thailand in 2004 BUT was not selected to the U20 in Russia. She has played for the U17 US Team and was recently selected to the US U20 camp. I thought the Canadian coaches for the U20 was Bridge and Birarda. What does her leaving to play for the US have to do with Rosenfeld?

Sydney left Canada and the Canadian system after the 2004 World Cup. Don't know why Rosenfeld was brought into the equation? Better system and support in the US from what I have heard, were the reasons why she left. I also remember reading an article in which she was quoted from the US a couple of years ago stating that she enjoyed the style of play in the US better. I am sure she is feeling pretty good about her decision right now. While Canadas U20 supposedly have to cancel games because of lack of ferry fare, she is going through an extensive training regime, travelling the world with the US team to prepare for the U20 World Cup as one of the only high school players invited. Good for her.

bjarne,I think you are mistaken. Sidney did not leave Canada after the 2004 World Cup because in 2005 she played for BC in the Canada Games. Recently she was not selected to the US U20 Team that is travelling to Chile to play in a tournament on Feb 7th. There are two high school players that are invited to this tournament.

Sorry, you're right basics. I should have said "soon after" the 2004 U20 World Cup. Now that I think about it, she played on the Whitecaps for a couple of matches in 2005, I think it was the fall following the Whitecaps in 2005 that she moved to the US to attend school and play for a club team there and then started making the US Youth Team rosters. Despite not making the roster to play in Chile, I still say as a high school student being picked to represent the US U20 team at a camp, is quite an accomplishment, as the extent of their player pool far outweighs most countries, including Canada. Being the disarray that the CSA seems to be in, reflected in the issues, financial and otherwise, in our Womens/Female Youth teams, I think it would be safe to say that Sydney most likely is quite happy in her decision to go south. And to be honest, despite being a Canadian fan first and foremost, I can't say I blame her.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived