Nominate your coaching Candidate

Trillium

I have to agree with the majority of people on here lets stop whining and keep the crappy system with the crappy coach that has kept our team crappy. I concur lets keep Pellerud as long as we possibly can who cares who else is available. And if he wont coach the womens team give him the mens team.

Who cares about Hooper or any other woman for the position when we have one so obviously gifted and ethically upstanding as Pellerud.

I can feel it were so close to World glory with the CSA and Pellerud!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by fan

I have to agree with the majority of people on here lets stop whining and keep the crappy system with the crappy coach that has kept our team crappy. I concur lets keep Pellerud as long as we possibly can who cares who else is available. And if he wont coach the womens team give him the mens team.

Who cares about Hooper or any other woman for the position when we have one so obviously gifted and ethically upstanding as Pellerud.

I can feel it were so close to World glory with the CSA and Pellerud!

Geez fan your so so dark.. of course we are close to glory can you not see the sun setting in BC, the rays of the illuminati spraying over the rockies to lead us all to the nervana of lotus land and soccer dominance.

Can I nominate Charmaine Hooper (again)? I fail to see how her 20 yrs of experience as one of the top women players in the world could NOT help our team, despite the fact that she hasn't attended to 2 day 'coaching certification' junket in Coquitlam or Moose Jaw or whatever.

Hey Ed, its not that Hooper wouldn't be a great coach, trainer, leader etc. and make Canada proud on the world stage. She likes to play great soccer and win. Sponsors would be lining up to give $$$ to a team headed by Hooper, she has been a tremendous supporter of youth soccer in Canada for many years and fan support for womens soccer would be bigger than ever.

But it seems she doesn't like to play petty politics and shine up the the CSA top brass. Didn't you know, you can't be a top coach without first winning a popularity contest? It would seem that the CSA is the only organization in North America who sdheres to this criteria.

Ed are you coming right out and just stating that you think a world class player like Hooper who doesnt even have one iota of the vast coaching experience of Pellerud could possibly be better?

I can feel the CSA and Richard drooling to reply with their world class response and unquestionable reputation in hand. Careful Ed I think you can be sued or even worse ridiculed for such a bold statement.

Well let's look at the posted criteria:

Qualifications

Essential

-Canadian Soccer Association A License or equivalent - FAST TRACK OR SPEND A WEEKEND IN COQUITLAM OR MOOSE JAW.

-Demonstrated record as a Soccer Head Coach with proven excellence of work - ONLY AREA OF DEFICIENCY; DIDN'T HOLD BACK TWAMLEY or BRIDGE or HART, etc.

-Effective verbal and written communication skills - IN SPADES

-Computer literate - IN SPADES

-Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends - IN SPADES

-Prepared to travel - IN SPADES

Preferred:

- Bilingual - Well, she grew up in Ottawa so guaranteed she knows more French than Pellerud. Advantage Hooper.

quote:Originally posted by Ed

-Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends - IN SPADES

-Prepared to travel - IN SPADES

I have no idea if you're having access to inside informations but considering she has a young kid and just finished a lengthy international career, does she really want a job requiring her to travel a lot and work flexible hours?

"Anybody who really believes the CSA would hire Charmaine Hooper for any job must have been living in an igloo in the arctic for the last five years."

More solid unbiased facts from Richard.

Even though I agree with you for totally different reasons of course. First the CSA are cronies who couldnt recognize a good coach if he landed on their door step.

They have proven their incompetence in the numerous dud coach's they have selected. Most importantly the CSA cant pick Hooper because they blew it.

Who cares what the current CSA does they need to go now!

The CSA is going nowhere anytime soon whether you or I like it or not.

The courts ruled that the CSA did not blow it with Hooper, whether you like it or not, quite the contrary.

As an employer of many myself I can assure you that few employers in their right minds would ever hire somebody who has breached the terms of a contract, publicly impugned and embarrasessed said employer and its other employees through bad behaviour then taken them to court and lost. Hence my statement two posts up.

Sorry it was a kangaroo court, they were not taken to court by Hooper at all.

Richard and it proved very little. Your other comments on Hooper are biased unsubstantiated nonsense.The CSA embarrassed themselves they are more than capable in that area.

Although I agree the current CSA probably wont move at all.

And to make it absolutely clear I dont like it?

Only you and a few straggling others are left defending this heap of crap called the CSA or any actions they took with Hooper or the WNT which was nothing short of disgusting . The majority of the Canadian soccer world just wants them to go.

^ So the federally funded and endorsed Sport Dispute Resolution Centre of Canada has no credibility in your eyes. For your information there is plenty of jurisprudence to validate the rulings made through the SDRC which are supported by the courts in Canada. You would benefit from doing some research on this before making an even bigger ass of yourself than you already have. You obviously don't like the decision handed down in the Hooper case but that's too bad for you, it has the force of law.

quote:Originally posted by The Ref

Allow me to correct two things. The CSA did not blow it with Mrs. Hooper, they did with Mr. Pellerud and second Mrs. Hooper did not take the CSA to Court, it was the three players together and they took Mr. Pellerud to Arbitration.

SDRC rulings carry the weight of the law and Pellerud was an agent of the CSA.

Was it not sufficiently obvious that it was the Canadian SDRC to which I was referring Ref, which other one would it be? Does a binding ruling not have the force of law in your view? And yes, Pellerud is an employee of the CSA and thus their agent... a person who is authorized to act for another (the agent's principal) through employment, by contract or apparent authority. How much more simple explanation do you need?

"You would benefit from doing some research on this before making an even bigger ass of yourself than you already have."

Since you are incorrect and full of some kind of emotional disturbance you need to control yourself, your wild insulting attitude is not based on any common sense or fact.

The fact is Hooper did not take Pellerud to court as clarified by the ref, thank you "theref" by the way.

"Originally posted by The Ref

Allow me to correct two things. The CSA did not blow it with Mrs. Hooper, they did with Mr. Pellerud and second Mrs. Hooper did not take the CSA to Court, it was the three players together and they took Mr. Pellerud to Arbitration. I think you meant to say SDRCC, also meant to say their rulings are binding, and also Mr. Pellerud was an employee of the CSA."

You can not demand facts and clarity and demand accuracy on every ones part constantly and then behave in a wild emotional fallacious manner Richard.

Your validity was questionable but at least plausible before these hysterical rants.

Hooper would make an excellent choice as many other non experienced coach's have proven and I am sure she would too.

Also I dont recommend Hooper involve herself in anything to do with the current CSA. She should go and coach and involve herself in competent organizations and even pick up her international coaching licenses. It would be a huge mistake for Hooper to involve herself in this crappy organization now.

I hope FIFA will provide her with a suitable position in the Womens game.

Hooper would make an excellent choice as many other non experienced coach's have proven and I am sure she would too.

Also I dont recommend Hooper involve herself in anything to do with the current CSA. She should go and coach and involve herself in competent organizations and even pick up her international coaching licenses. It would be a huge mistake for Hooper to involve herself in this crappy organization now.

I hope FIFA will provide her with a suitable position in the Womens game.

I hope to see her come back to the game in Canada and prosper it would be a just conclusion.

Dream on Fan. Hooper's days of involvement with soccer in Canada are toast for the foreseeable future. She brought it all upon herself through her impetuous, prima donna behaviour. This however does not expunge her record of personal achievements or her contribution to the WNT program before she chose to butt heads. I doubt she'd be interested anyway, too embarrassing.

Your right too embarassing for her to join the crap called the CSA now.

"She brought it all upon herself through her impetuous, prima donna behaviour." More emotional nonsense form Richard.

FIFA and the rest of the world outside of yours and the CSA solitary little world all recognize Hooper I only hope she has the good sense not to return to this crap unless it is completely cleaned up.

Archived