The Game...spoilers inside....

Trillium

Germany did alright with Juergen Klinsmann who had 0 minutes of coaching experience prior to leading their WC entry.

Mexico has been revived under Hugo Sanchez (who admittedly had built up a bit of a resume in the MFL).

Sunderland has done alright by their new mister.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Vic

Been thinking about this lately. I've been hearing 'trust,' 'like a family,' 'closest we've ever been,' etc for a year now. And it's been the worst year of Canadian women's soccer in almost a decade.

It's lame, it's old, and it's tired. It carried you a year but the cheque just bounced at the bank. It's not teen Summer camp. Nobody cares if it's happytown. It's about one thing and one thing only: performance. Liking or hating each other is irrelevent. What's important is professionals that can step on the field and suck it up for country and get it done on the field.

Agreed. Enough of the touchy-feely warm feelgood stuff, let's see performance on the field and goals, goals, goals because it's goals that win games (just ask TFC). At the end of the day that's all that matters and all that will be remembered.

Charmaine Hooper's bio on her website shows zero coaching qualifications. It would seem her only coaching experience is summer camps for girls 10+. Being a good player does not automatically mean she would make a good coach, at any level, even if she had the appropriate certification which it appears she does not.

quote:Originally posted by Richard

Agreed. Enough of the touchy-feely warm feelgood stuff, let's see performance on the field and goals, goals, goals because it's goals that win games (just ask TFC). At the end of the day that's all that matters and all that will be remembered.

What bizarre comments! There are legitimate things to complain about with their performance, but this is not one of them.

quote:Originally posted by Richard

If the CSA failed to negotiate the best deal on behalf of its members it would be delinquent, and that includes how it spends our money. Isn't that precisely what half the posts on this board have been complaining about!

I agree, but that is not my point!

When they first hired EP it seems they went out to hire the best coach they could find in order to turn around a pretty dismal program. They wanted someone with a vision and experience at the international level who could do what no one inside Canada could. To the CSA's credit they hired EP. I assume and I hope they negotiated like hell with him in order to get the cost down. Any good organization would. They bargained hard with him but that doesn't mean he came cheaply. That is my point.

Hey if Silvia Neid fell in love with Vancouver on her last visit here and decided she wanted to leave the German team (after already winning the WWC in 07) and coach the Canadian team after EP leaves and will work for minimum salary + a fancy house in West Van thrown in then that will be a coup again for the CSA. Probably not going to happen.

What I want is to have someone selected based on quality first and foremost and then negotiate. If the CSA is trying to reduce the WNT's budget then they will probably try and cut money from that area after EP's contract has expired, and it will be to the detriment of the Women's program.

Money talks. When they contact potential coaches, the coaches have every right to ask what the potential salary range might be. If the money is too low then the coach will say "Thanks, but no thanks." Then the CSA will have to improve the compensation or lower their expectations. You get what you pay for and a good, dare I say great coach will not come cheap. Otherwise promote from within and give the assistant a 20 % raise and say increases will be based on performance.

Jorge Barcellos...why the hell dont we hire him...?

Estimated Cost...cover his apartment ... and pay of 75,000 on a three year contract .... he know s the focus is to teach the skills...

Allow him to pick a Canadian female assistant coach.

Oh if we need we can do the residential in brasil

Archived