Wyn Belotte interview

Daniel

This is bizarre. He's hired a woman to interview him and hype him up or something, but forgot to hire a lighting man?

Edit: I just want to ask a question after seeing this. How good was Wyn how much potential did he really have? I mean he's telling children "you can be the next Wyn Bellotte" was he ever a huge prospect for Canada?

Hilarious. I've got the Daily Show on tv while watching this and it is not half as funny as this video. Reminds me of the player in the movie about ethnic leagues in Montreal who was playing in the Montreal Haitian league and talking about how kids ask him for autographs on the streets of Montreal and that he came to Canada to teach Canadians how to play soccer. Do Haitian Canadian soccer players have some sort of psychological condition that causes them to have delusions that they are playing for Real Madrid? Yes kids, "Don't settle for being the next Zidane: YOU COULD BE THE NEXT WYN BELOTTE!"

quote:Originally posted by Soju

This is bizarre. He's hired a woman to interview him and hype him up or something, but forgot to hire a lighting man?

Edit: I just want to ask a question after seeing this. How good was Wyn how much potential did he really have? I mean he's telling children "you can be the next Wyn Bellotte" was he ever a huge prospect for Canada?

At one point Belotte seemed to be one of our most promising players and the type of fast, skilled technical and offensive player we usually lack. He was at various times in the system of Nantes, Norkopping and Wisla Krakow, teams that would not be interested in someone without talent. Belotte seemed to have the talent to be at the least a pro player in a mid-level Euro league and possibly in a top league but not the attitude to achieve it. In the end he couldn't even crack a USL lineup. His interview seems to imply that he is intent on making a comeback and at 23 he is still reasonably young. I wish him the best in trying to reestablish his career but making videos like this is making him a laughingstock and probably quite revealing as to why he has not suceeded so far.

Incidentally the interview questions and answers are obviously pre-scripted as the French version is almost identical to the English version.

Guest speedmonk42
quote:Originally posted by Soju

In asia I've met ordinary overweight amateur players who said they were biding their time until they signed pro and would consider representing Canada internationally if I could give them the CSA's phone number.

Shudder.

Yeah he didn't say much when I asked him what professional European team he was playing for... cause... well that is who plays for Canada....

Till then I am sure he will do well in the import/export/diamond business.....

LOL

Guest pilkakanada

this is hilarious...

"i want to help the kids, the little me"

"boxing, swimming...designed by my coach to increase my stamina" how about soccer, ever wonder about that part...

"you can be the next Wyn Belotte" WOW how big is this guys ego?

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

When he was U17 he had a lot of potential, and he showed quite well at the U17 qualifiers in St Louis (2001).

He was tied with Eddie Johnson for leading scorer in those U17 Qualifiers.

I'm pretty sure it was him who asked Mo Johnston in the media scrum after the DC Utd game (or was it the Chivas game?) if he'd give him a shot.

I kid you not some young, black guy wearing a TFC shirt who'd been talking to Paul James prior to Mo walking in raises his arm and says:

Wyn: "Excuse me sir, i am a canadian resident and i play forward. I think i could h-..."

Mo: "Not interested"

And he was walked out of the room by TFC staff. Morgan Campbell of the Toronto Star wrote about it in his article, but he didn't realize who it was.

Wyn's story is truly sad, this kid was amazing as i remember him at the U17 qualifers. With so much potential, what really happened to him, who got all this EGO into his head in the first place. Nantes have one of the best youth academies in Europe and he left there for what??

This kid is a joke now, how about showing some soccer skills, or is he a boxer now.........

It is one thing to have the tools, but if you don't got the tool box to carry them, then you're nothing more than a scattered bunch of metal, ain't ya?

Julian Deguzman is a good example of somebody who had the raw talent AND the right attitude--modest, hardworking, student of the game, willing to learn and be coached--and he is reaping the benefits. Belotte wanted to be Thiery Henry but forgot that it takes time, hardwork and a good attitude to get there. Self-confidence is necessary, no doubt, but what Belotte often displayed was something bordering on the fantastical.

Still, I hope he can get his head together and revitalize his career. I do not wish him ill. Though I suggest he dump these silly interviews on his site. They suggest he is more worried about how he is perceived than anything else, and he needs to focus on football.

He was player of the tournament at the U20 qualifiers in St Louis, even with the Yank fans. His brief appearances with the U20's in Argentina added to his rep.

Seems Mister Mo was a bit short with him.

quote:Originally posted by Ed

Seems Mister Mo was a bit short with him.

I guess you think it is typical behaviour for a soccer player to ask for a trial/job at a press conference. Not to mention why should TFC be interested in a player who couldn`t crack the Impact roster nor be more than a sub with the Lynx.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

Not to mention why should TFC be interested in a player who couldn`t crack the Impact roster nor be more than a sub with the Lynx.

True. But he did show flashes of genius every now and then. A few of us got to see him play for the Lynx at an away match in Rochester and, anyone who made the trip would agree that, he was astounding in that game!.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

I'm trying to figure out how the hell he got into the press conference. Are they open to the public? I didn't think anybody could walk in off the street, I assumed one would need some sort of media accreditation.

Maybe he claimed to be the media director of his website.:D

• 9 months later...

*Pans the V-Signal search light across Gotham City's horizon*

http://wyn33belotte.net/ is no more [:0] Site's got nothing and the domain name is set to expire this month. The Beaver's post in the women's forum about googling players we haven't heard from in a while got me wondering...after all the boxing and running around the track, is this finally the end of the man the myth the legend Wyn Belotte?!

Archived