Which players from the U-20s will "make it?"

FigoIsGod

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Everyone seems to be enamoured by Begovic, but he has been shaky as best in the past few years.

Yeah. Not quite the same since that injury. But still, he looks a complete keeper for spells, has everything physicaly you'd want in a keep and is a good decade away from rippening into whatever it is he's going to become. Of our younger 'keepers he's my pick for advancing to the full mens team within the next few years. Probably too early but who knows?

David Edgar is the real deal. He's going to earn lots of caps for Canada and we'll all be glad as he dose.

Will Johnson may have a hard time breaking into a Canadian midfield over the next few years but if any of our younger lads would be worthy of such an increasingly difficult achievment I think it's going to be Johnson.

If Peters settles into a strikers role (unlikely), than maybe but it's going to be tough for him to advance beyond the bench for the seniors as a midfielder.

KOA has been mentioned. Certainly looks a diamond in the ruff still. Tough to guess at this point. See what he looks like after a year or two of polishing.

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

Lombardo works hard, and I respect that a lot. But where's the finish? Isn't finishing something you either have or you don't. Gerba has scored at every level. Hume has scored at every level. I'd give these guys a good finishing rating. I know I've seen Andrea pot a couple with the U20, but relative to the number of chances he's had it makes you wonder. I don't know much about his club career, but I don't recall hearing about a lot of goals (unlike Uccello for example).

Lombardo does work hard maybe he should relax a bit and have fun doing what he does, it sure shows that he is very fustrated after his chances, maybe he should easy up a bit or try less sometimes that makes it fun, it could change things for him.

Thanks on the word on Uccello he has reach a milestone this past weekend scoring his 40 goal in 6000 minutes played in Italy in the past 4 years which averages out to 3 goals per every 5 game he plays in total.

Archived