Canadians abroad: September 14-20, 2007

DJT

Guidelines for this thread

[*]In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for September 14-20, 2007.

[*]If you find updates posted in some other thread or on the other Voyageurs forum then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.

[*]If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.

[*]Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

Begovic starting in goal for Bournemouth against Northampton.

Hume starting for Leicester against QPR. JDV starting for Ipswich, Peters on the bench, against West Brom.

Ross Smith starting for D&R against Notts County.

Simeon Jackson on the bench for Rushden & Diamonds against Burton Albion.

Rhian Dodds starts for Kilmarnock against Gretna.

Imhof on the bench for Vfl Bochum against Leverkeusen.

Edit: Forgot about Dunfield. Started for Macclesfield against Wycombe.

Lars in net as Rosenborg lose 2-1 away to Start in a battle of underachieving teams. Start were a little more desparate as their new coach Benny Lennartsson has hopefully begun to lead the team away from the relegation battle.

Lars was not at fault for either goal.

Needless to say, I am extremely pleased with the result as it is Start's first win in 11 matches...

Will Johnson played 8 minutes for De Graafschap in a 3-2 win at home to VVV Venlo.

Also today in the Dutch League sees Roda JC takes on Feyenoord which will be the duel between Marcel de Jong vs Jonathan de Guzman.

De Jong will be left-back and JDG2 will play as a right-winger so those two are gonna see a lot of each-other today.

Rhian Dodds plays 90 minutes in Killie's 2-1 win at Gretna. Seems he set up the first goal according to BBC's report.

Colin Nish released Rhian Dodds down the right and he drilled a cross to the far side of the box where Gibson curled a high shot past Greg Fleming from 15 yards.

Richard Hastings still out injured as ICT lose 5-0 at Celtic.

Terry Dunfield sets up the goal for Macclesfield as they lose 2-1 to Wycombe.

The match between Roda JC and Feyenoord is currently in the 75th minute and Feyenoord lead 1-3 thanks to an absolute majestic De Guzman.

Roda took the lead and in the first minute of the second half De Guzman made a 15 yard rush and crossed the ball which got boxed away by a Roda defender and obviously was a penalty. Makaay slotted the penalty 1-1

Then in the 62th minute De Guzman cut inside from right wing and from outside the box he absolutely rocketed the ball with his left foot in the goal 1-2. And in the 70th minute Roda lost the ball and a great one-touch attack from Feyenoord saw De Cler cross the ball and De Guzman had a easy finish in the top of the net.

2 goals and a assist so far for JDG2 and 15 minutes to go. Marcel de Jong is having a reasonable game as well for Roda and he is still on the pitch as well.

EDIT :

Game has finished Roda JC (Marcel de Jong) vs Feyenoord (Jonathan de Guzman , Jacob Lensky) 1-3.

The 1-2..(Not a great angle but it was a beauty)

664b14j.gif

The 1-3

5y161xz.gif

20070916rodajc_de_guzman_1_rh.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Ivan

Thanks for that SCF08.

Man, we need someone with his class. This is evident after watching the Costa Rica game on Wednesday. Should have been 3 or 4-1.

Did Lensky actually play?

No , Lensky is coming back from an injury and he will play on Monday with the reserves to get more match fitness. He will most likely be in the 18 man squad for next week's crunch match away against PSV. He is not a starter though as De Cler is Holland's best left back and on left midfield are more options (Giovanni van Bronckhorst , Nuri Sahin and Luigi Bruins)

There has been some speculation again on the International Future of Jonathan de Guzman after todays performance. De Telegraaf (Hollands biggest newspaper) has published an article with some quotes.

http://www.telesport.nl/voetbal/2165832/_De_Guzman_verrijking_voor_Nederlandse_voetbal_.html

Bert van Marwijk (Feyenoord Manager) said that De Guzman hasnt asked him for advice yet regarding his International Future , and that De Guzman is already a great player for Dutch Football and hoped he would be one for the MNT as well.

He also said that Jonathan is in comparison to other players of is age a bit too modest about his ability , and he doesnt quite know how good he really is. He told him at half-time that he had to show more guts to try and force something in the game and he certainly did that.

Jonathan said a couple of things as well...

'' What am I waiting for..? I'm waiting mostly on myself. I cant and simply dont want to say something about it now. Offcourse the Dutch play on a much higher level but playing with my brother for Canada is also very attractive. I just still need to weigh up all the options and advantages/disadvantages in my choice.

''The only thing I know is that my brother supports me on whatever I decide''

Here are the highlights that will be shown on Dutch TV tonight. Now you can see how good the second goal really was...[8D]

http://www.dailymotion.com/goalzzz/video/x2zo8w_16092007-roda-jc-feyenoord-13_sport

In Italy

Placentino's Gubbio 4ht loss of the season Gubbio – Viareggio 0-1, he was not dressed for this game still injured.

Zavarise's Montebelluna Calcio tied Chioggia Sot 1 - 1 in serie d girone c.

Masicantonio's Benevento Calcio 4th victory in as many games against Andria. Benevento leads the table with 12 point and a prefect record in Serie C Girone C. Masicantonio did not play not sur eif he was dressed.

Uccello's Rivorolese Calcio tied Rivoli in Serie D action girone A, Uccello played the complete game and scored the tying goal, his 7th goal in 4 match games he has played for his new team. A great start!

Stillo still no record of matches yesterday or today.

quote:Originally posted by SCF08

Jonathan said a couple of things as well...

'' What am I waiting for..? I'm waiting mostly on myself. I cant and simply dont want to say something about it now. Offcourse the Dutch play on a much higher level but playing with my brother for Canada is also very attractive. I just still need to weigh up all the options and advantages/disadvantages in my choice.

''The only thing I know is that my brother supports me on whatever I decide''

I really hope playing with his brother means alot to him, cuz that's one of the few pros we have going for us.

maybe we need to record a special Christmas Carol and send it to JDG2 with a christmas card.

to the tune of Jingle Bells:

Play for us

Play for us

Please wont you play for us

We need you to choose the red and white

rather than scoring for the Duuuutch

I'm not much of a songwriter but you guys get the gist I'm sure

Guest Jeffery S.

Thanks for the Jonathan highlights. Roda looked quite good I thought, I think Feyenoord was lucky not to get a red on that foul on the last man.

I have this little wish consisting of Barça selling Deco as part of a much-needed overhaul and signing Jonathan (and the wish expands into firing Rijkaard and hiring someone to make the team work).

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Thanks for the Jonathan highlights. Roda looked quite good I thought, I think Feyenoord was lucky not to get a red on that foul on the last man.

I have this little wish consisting of Barça selling Deco as part of a much-needed overhaul and signing Jonathan (and the wish expands into firing Rijkaard and hiring someone to make the team work).

what is going on with barca? This is getting ridiculous (I think this is a conversation for a different thread)

Archived