CSA meeting?

quote:Originally posted by Jamit

Only three? Don't the Impact have fans? Don't the Whitecaps have a fan base? Have you contacted them yet?

Also, I still see no reason why we should be allowed into this meeting. Why don't we ask to formally meet with the CSA before the meeting?

I will contact the other groups. However, at this time, since Black Wednesday was in Toronto, I haven't gaged the support level of those groups. I also figured that most of them that would support this would consider themselves Vs, and would thus be included already.

Support in numbers, however. So...Vancouver and Montreal boys and girls..you with us?

All together, and all that!

Reforming the CSA won't work, we need a brand new organization to be set up. Keys individuals should be working on getting this established. We also need for the players to get behind the new organization.

We do have a right as fans and soccer players to attend a CSA meeting if they are not representing Canadian soccer players properly or spending government money effectively.

Hamilton

Canada

1 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2007 : 11:54:04

New to this board, but I am also very worried about the state of soccer in this country.

I remember that cold day in at King George V park in St John's Newfoundland when we beat

Honduras to go to the World Cup. We ran on the pitch after the game, i was 15 yrs old.

I was never so proud. All I remember is how cold the Hondurans where. All with glovers and touques. Talk about home field advantage. LOL

Sorry about the trip down memory lane. My 2 cents

(1) Has there been any letter writing campeign to Sport Canada? I have found that if you bug government long enough they will listen.

(2) Fax campeign to the CSA. This is an effective technique I have used previously, jamming the fax line continiously. It could be as simple as one page, resign. They usually

unplug there machine after a few days.

(3) A day of protest to coinside the date they pick the new president. Complete with a media release and some sort of an across the country coorintated Day of Action. When they meet to crown a new king or Queen we scream.

(4) Our women's team is in tough. They have to Beat Australia to advance, and I really hope they catch lightening in a bottle. But if they don't advance, it's more fuel to the fire around a system that does not work. In any case the Women's coach is fustrated, any why we would turn down the Womens CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying Tournament is beyond words. Lets use that.

I really think the day they pick the president is key. They are being kind of vague on it. It could be at 1 of 2 meetings????

I'm certain they would like to do it under the radar, in secret, no bother, no explanation, lets not let it happen.

quote:Originally posted by Moosehead

Reforming the CSA won't work, we need a brand new organization to be set up. Keys individuals should be working on getting this established. We also need for the players to get behind the new organization.

We do have a right as fans and soccer players to attend a CSA meeting if they are not representing Canadian soccer players properly or spending government money effectively.

Reform the CSA? You may as well try to refloat the Titanic.

Guys, requesting a meeting with the CSA, whether at their General Meeting or elsewhere is a no-lose situation for us.

If they agree, excellent. If they don't, just as good because it just adds fuel to the fire.

Jamit asks a good question regarding fan groups from Montreal and Vancouver. Who are they? I apologize for my ignorance but I'm not up on the scene in either of those cities...I know they have lots of fans but I don't often see much mention of them on this forum.

if anyone is a well connected member of an Impact or Whitecaps fan group, please contact us so we can get you involved.

We are not only in the fight against own FA.

The group of fans in Austria have T-Shirt “Austria show dignity”and petition that urge the Austrian Football Association to voluntarily resign from participating in the EURO 2008.

Maybe we can pick up some ideas from them.

Dear friend of football!

Your entering this site is no coincidence.

It means you care about attractive football.

It means you appreciate a blind pass that actually reaches its destination.

It means you thoroughly enjoy amazing dribbling skills.

It means you jump for joy when a free kick is expertly bent into the far corner of the goal.

In short: it means you love this great sport for the sheer beauty of it.

However, it also means you fall into a dismal state of depression when watchimg a match featuring the Austrian national football team.

For all those displays of true skill, on a field taken by our team, occur about as frequently as meteorite impacts.

This cannot be blamed on anyone.

Even though we have spent twenty years buying ageing stars, even though wealthy patrons supply one of our clubs with several times their usual budgets only to be rewarded with a fraction of their success of lore, even though twenty-six-year-olds who barely stumble through their second match playing for foreign second-league clubs are discovered as incredibly promising new talents and immediately ordered into the national team – nothing so far has helped.

It cannot be denied: the performance of the Austrian team is an insult to your sense of aesthetics as well as to what you expect from this sport. Their participating in the EURO 2008 is to you a contradiction in itself. We understand.

By signing this Petition you urge the Austrian Football Association (Österreichischer Fußballbund; OEFB) to voluntarily resign from participating in the EURO 2008.

Austria was once a country with a keen sense for aesthetics. „...a people gifted for beauty“, as a verse of our national anthem states – an anthem our players barely manage to stammer along to, as they palefacedly contemplate yet another grueling encounter with the ball and the opponent.

We want to show the world that we still embrace beauty. And at the same time, we want to do something that is as alien to our people as the names of our strikers are to foreign football experts: To show some dignity!

Please help us reach this goal! Thank you.

http://www.rueckgrat.cc/

Archived