Dale Mitchell on the FAN 590

JamesW

quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

I could give a rat's a-hole if he's interesting. He needs to get the job done on the field, not in the press box. Scott Bowman was a terrific hockey coach, perhaps the best, but he is a$$ in an interview.

That's fine and I am most would agree with you, but the poster asked ag to LISTEN to an interview.

quote:Originally posted by boban1

That's fine and I am most would agree with you, but the poster asked ag to LISTEN to an interview.

Your point? [Technically he didn't ASK anyone to listen. He simply made it available for consumption here]. And can I not voice my opinion of agfutbol's assessment of Mitchell, and what I think is important.

I could give a rat's a-hole if he's interesting. He needs to get the job done on the field, not in the press box. Scott Bowman was a terrific hockey coach, perhaps the best, but he is a$$ in an interview.

Let's not get carried away yet, I was just pointing out that Dale Mitchell has the charisma of a card board box. Can he coach? I guess we're going to find out.

Though I'd hardly say I was getting "carried away," The Beaver is big enough to apologize for any perceived misconduct (gross or otherwise) in this intance.

But I won't apologize to rawdz.

The Beaver got up on the wrong side of the dam today, that's for sure.[xx(]

Anyways I'll throw in the towel on this one as well. I appologize if it seemed vindictive (I sometimes forget that the nature of this board is more serious than some other places where I post). I ment it more in a joking way than anything else.

I don't want to be thrown on the vindictive Canadian soccer hater category.

- Positive performance

- Canada had 5 decent chances to score

- Individually we have the edge in skill

- Tomasz showed he still has ability

- More attacking options than ever

- Reaction to crowd: disappointing considering TFC crowds, money an issue, people there were vocal and there was a good atmosphere, would prefer more people, is hopeful people will come out for qualifying

- Players reaction: players enjoyed being in the city, happy to be home for a week, team needs support and they want an atmosphere that will lead to a home field advantage, we want a hostile environment

Highlights from the latest soccer show (last thursday - available for listening to on-line at www.fan590.com :

-Brennan says players were disappointed with the crowd size at the Costa Rica game, but puts the blame entirely on the CSA. Doesn't understand why they can't market things as well as MLSE can.

- Stalteri doesn't like the Turf at BMO. Bob Iarusci says it's only there because of MLSE & their needs to make as much money as possible. (Editorial note: ?????)

- Guy Bradbury CEO of the OSA - indicates that the CSA has turned down OSA's offer of help, which they are disappointed with. Hoping that the process of reform & change (which has recently happened at the OSA) will continue with the CSA. Confirms the Costa Rica game was promoted through the OSA in the GTA area & that most people knew of the game, disappointed that many chose not to come out. (Editorial note - Bradbury sounded a lot better than anyone I've ever heard from the top level of the CSA, not just on what he said but how he said it - no "umms" every 10 seconds - recommend giving this part of the interview a listen).

- Nigel Reed went to the game as a fan to cheer Canada on. Good for him!

FYI, Guy Bradbury & I are scheduled to be on the FAN 590 on Saturday Night (9pm) for a call-in show. I believe Carmine Isaaco (TFC GK coach) will be a guest as well.

This topic will be grassroots issues - I assume youth academies will be a big part of the discussion...

Archived