Dick Howard Wants It !!

Whither Canada

To head up the CSA I mean.

I bumped into him in the stands just before tonight's game and had a brief chat. He was wearing a black raincoat and I jokingly asked whether that was accidental or not. Evidently it wasn't.

I asked him about running the show at the CSA and he said "it would be a challenge" but that he'd "welcome it".

This to me is wonderful news. He's Canadian (mostly), he's got a wealth of requisite experience from his work for FIFA, he seems to have a cool-headed and capable personality, and he actually wants it. Plus he's quiet enough not to rock the boat too much there while still getting things done.

Let the write-in campaign begin?

quote:Originally posted by Whither Canada

To head up the CSA I mean.

I bumped into him in the stands just before tonight's game and had a brief chat. He was wearing a black raincoat and I jokingly asked whether that was accidental or not. Evidently it wasn't.

I asked him about running the show at the CSA and he said "it would be a challenge" but that he'd "welcome it".

This to me is wonderful news. He's Canadian (mostly), he's got a wealth of requisite experience from his work for FIFA, he seems to have a cool-headed and capable personality, and he actually wants it. Plus he's quiet enough not to rock the boat too much there while still getting things done.

Let the write-in campaign begin?

Worse move we can do. Another step back and more chaos. Why is it the top jobs must only go to Brits in the CSA. They ran the show for this long and its gotten us nowhere.

quote:Originally posted by boban1

Worse move we can do. Another step back and more chaos. Why is it the top jobs must only go to Brits in the CSA. They ran the show for this long and its gotten us nowhere.

As much I know Italians are running the CSA,check the names on CSA Board of IDIOTS and you will see.Who cares if he is Brit or German as long he does the job for our national programs.

quote:Originally posted by Krammerhead

Thats the typical bigoted point of view.

You bigot your view up your ass all you want.

Pipe - Brit gackground

Linford - Brit background

Yallop - Brit back ground

Taylor - Brit background

Are you blind? There are people in this country from all walks of life that have soccer knowledge. Portuguese. Italian, French, German, Croatian, etc .. but yet the front men always are from this background? Do you ever ask yourself why?? It's not just a question of qualification (or lack in the case of the CSA).

I too way back thought that people were narrow minded who thought this. But guess what, generation after generation continue to have a disdain and distrust of this 'Brit boys club' in the CSA. I have spoken to Italians, Portuguese, east Europeans. Same response I get every time. You want soccer to grow in this, let EVERYONE in, not just a select few. Yes there are organizational issues in the CSA but why doesn't anyone else forge ahead to the forefront?

Howard is a hiring of the same ****. It signals the continuation of this club. You may argue it does not exist, but perception is reality my friend. Same old same old.

Open your eyes!!!!!!!!!

It seems to me it is YOU who is bigoted.

quote:Originally posted by JB_Tito

As much I know Italians are running the CSA,check the names on CSA Board of IDIOTS and you will see.Who cares if he is Brit or German as long he does the job for our national programs.

Which people are at the front?

Pipe, then Linford, Yallop then Mitchell .. hmmmmmmmm

Your 'logic' is completely faulty. He doesn't want to judge people based on nationality, so he can't, by definition, be a bigot.

You want to refuse a candidate because of his nationality. By definition that is bigoted.

People of British decent are the largest ethnic group in Canada. Hard to believe I know, considering Canada is a former British colony and part of the Commonwealth.

This constant ethnic attacking has got to be stopped. It reflects badly on us as a group, and is nothing short of retarted.

Moderators have got to step up quickly and delete these posts.

Pipe - Brit gackground

Linford - Brit background

Yallop - Brit back ground

Taylor - Brit background

Are you blind? There are people in this country from all walks of life that have soccer knowledge. Portuguese. Italian, French, German, Croatian, etc .. but yet the front men always are from this background? Do you ever ask yourself why?? It's not just a question of qualification (or lack in the case of the CSA).

I too way back thought that people were narrow minded who thought this. But guess what, generation after generation continue to have a disdain and distrust of this 'Brit boys club' in the CSA. I have spoken to Italians, Portuguese, east Europeans. Same response I get every time. You want soccer to grow in this, let EVERYONE in, not just a select few. Yes there are organizational issues in the CSA but why doesn't anyone else forge ahead to the forefront?

Howard is a hiring of the same ****. It signals the continuation of this club. You may argue it does not exist, but perception is reality my friend. Same old same old.

Open your eyes!!!!!!!!!

<mod edit>no you don't</mod edit>

Archived