Canada v Norway in-game/post game thread (R)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by MediaGuy

I'm not sure she is a striker.

Point taken Pelerud in eight years has failed to find a player who can work in the mix and turn the ball and shoot in one fast ..smooth motion, as the annoucer is saying the Norge team is more skilled ..Pelerud has no excuse to not match up women to women after eight years...where has the development been ?

Lang should be faster on the ball at feet..so should Sinclair...

quote:Originally posted by Trillium

Lang out ..she looks ..tired...the Norwegians are running harder now and we dont seem to have an answer to it.

Should Robinson of been inserted earlier she seems more confident on the ball attacking the defenders ..then Lang ...did in second half when the changed up the positions up front...

quote:Originally posted by MediaGuy

Well...Canada was supposed to lose this one....

The true, realistic, test is against Australia.

I still think this team has the ability to play in the final. The players seem to have decent ambition, so I think this game was the real test. Lets hope it sparks a decent response.

Foul by Norway, decent free kick taken by the keeper. min 88

I will have to watch the game again ..but it really seems to be the same old same old in terms of tactics and success..our target players lack first touch to hold the long balls..too many balls are sent on a hail mary basis with out ...real tactile ..analyis of where to play the long ball..too..i would like to see Robinson start the next game wide on wing instead of Lang...let her attack defenders with speed and good ..foot skills. Bring Lang in as replacement for Sinclair if she fails to produce in the middle.

I would argue..that the second goal...was a coaching failure why Matheson on the post ..at five foot nothing versus Lang brought back to take the pole on one side ...and another tall player on the other ....

Now I have to go and try to pull off a protest against the CSA!

Wear black!!

Look, I'll actually make the argument that we are in a better place than we were in '03. The Germany game was a real eye opener then. Today, we had moments against one of the powers of the women's game. Ghana shouldn't be a problem. It will come down to the game against Australia.

That we only lost by one helps too. Hopefully, Norway can put a few past the Aussies and we can beat the Africans by more than three. Then, a tie will be enough.

The quarter-final is the key game for us. Like '03, one win there and the tournament is a success.

Lastly, I think the Olympics will be where this team has a real chance to go deep. They aren't quite there yet, in my opinion. A quarter-final berth would be a success here.

Archived