Sign in to follow this  
Duane Rollins1555362254

Canada v Norway in-game/post game thread (R)

quote:Originally posted by MediaGuy

20th min - 0-0

Norway with most of the ball, but Canada not completely outmatched--good pressure as I type by Canadians.

Our skill on the ball... is still very suspect ..one has to wonder ...sinclair holds the ball to long with two runners ...release it early not deep in when your totally marked.

quote:Originally posted by Trillium

Our skill on the ball... is still very suspect ..one has to wonder ...sinclair holds the ball to long with two runners ...release it early not deep in when your totally marked.

Nice goal by Chapman..now we need two more to hold of Norway

quote:Originally posted by Trillium

38th minute Lang...switches to no one after failing to penetrate on the wing....

Great stop ..by the keeper ..but where is the hair..?

She's one tough looking woman. I wouldn't want to meet her in a dark alley--she'd kick my ass, I fear.

And, it was a nice stop.

laughs media guy are you hoping to meet her in the alley ?

Seriously ... Bridge hopefully told the team to keep pressing ..keep attacking to not sit back.. hopefully more balls through the middle.

I hope Pelerud was ..not in the dressing room creating a mixed message..to the players.

50th min - still 1-0

Norway looks good to start half

And why did one of the midfields not come back to take the line wide ..for the keeper..this goal comes from a lack of work from midfield not coming back to cover and support the ball....its like they dont see the basics when under pressure close in.

WILKINSON (in) comes off the bench to replace TANCREDI (out) (Canada)

Is this because of her numerous offsides or because she spent so much time fiddling with her hair. Even the announcer noticed that.

Please note that the 60 - 40 possession ratio against Canada is not the most important statistic. I'd say the 7 shots to 3 shots in Canada's favour is the more telling statistic. Our front line is causing their defenders lots of problems.

If we can only get one more, they might fold. (wishful thinking)