Black Wednesday--where we stand

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

THE SHIRTS HAVE ARRIVED. THEY LOOK GREAT.

SEE YOU ALL AT SHOELESS AND AT THE GAME.

Sorry to be lazy, I'm sure this info is posted somewhere.

But, will there be any extras?

And, where is the pickup going to be?

Given the quality & relevance of the calls they took, it is a shame that they didn't let VPjr continue for the whole segment, rather than cutting him off like that before the real points of contention were made clear. The hosts sounded like a pair of soccer moms with the questions that were totally beside the point. While it was nice that they wanted to do the segment, I think it is safe to say they didn't do the topic justice. VPjr did the best he could, but it must have been difficult with the side-tracking questions.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Given the quality & relevance of the calls they took, it is a shame that they didn't let VPjr continue for the whole segment, rather than cutting him off like that before the real points of contention were made clear. The hosts sounded like a pair of soccer moms with the questions that were totally beside the point. While it was nice that they wanted to do the segment, I think it is safe to say they didn't do the topic justice. VPjr did the best he could, but it must have been difficult with the side-tracking questions.

True enough. I thought VPjr sounded knowledgable and reasonable (Good Job!), but the whole discussion was slightly to the side of where I think we wanted it to be.

I was relatively pleased with the CFRB experience. I was more pleased with the interview with CBC Radio at 5:20.

The Motts definitely seemed to want to take the conversation one way and I definitely wanted to touch on other points (which I was about to get to when they sort of cut me off) but c'est la vie. Next time, i've got to get to the point more quickly so i have more time to talk about what's really the point of protesting the CSA. I am glad I got the opportunity to draw the parallel between the importance of Junior Hockey to pro hockey and how the lack of "junior soccer" hurts the development of professional soccer players in Canada

Archived