Vince Ursini on the Fan590

VPjr

-talked about Wednesday's game

-talked about the Women's World Cup

-says the CSA is going to put more emphasis on how our national teams do, especially in light of how poorly we did in the U20's.

-claims that Linford's resignation has had no impact on day to day operations. Everything is "business as usual".

quote:Originally posted by Aston Villa

Of course Ursini has to say "business as usual" he was one on the biggest back stabbers Linford had to deal with along with Victor Montangliani from Vancouver (I thinks I got Victor's last name spelt right)

Sure seems to be a lot of italians involved in this mess.

What stupid statement that is about the italians....

RACIST!!!

I was once a true supporter of Vince Ursini when he was the president of the CPSL. What happened to the old Ursini. The man who once preached 6-years ago the amalgamation of all provincial leagues across Canada. He also believed in a Canadian open-cup tournament from sea-to-sea. He was man with a true vision. He even wanted a Canadian representation at the CONCACAF Club Championship.

Now, today that is, he's one of the worst incompetent fools at the CSA. I don't understand this guy. What the hell went so wrong with him. When he was elected 2-years ago to the executive of the CSA, I was one of his greatest supporters. Not anymore. I've lost faith in the guy.

President, Vice President or Member of the Board of Directors of the Canadian Soccer Association - looks good on the resume - and to get there it is necessary to play the politics game by the established if unspoken rules. Ursini and Montagliani learned the rules well.

quote:Originally posted by cndsoccer

What stupid statement that is about the italians....

RACIST!!!

Seems he didn't make much of a statement about Italians at all. Just noted there were a few in the CSA exec. Keep yer pants on!

That's true but do you really have to pull a race card on such a tame remark? Chill. Christ if the WASP Canadians on this board did that everytime someone went after the CSA for being a british old boys network, this forum would be crying salty tears every other weekend.

quote:Originally posted by Richard

President, Vice President or Member of the Board of Directors of the Canadian Soccer Association - looks good on the resume - and to get there it is necessary to play the politics game by the established if unspoken rules. Ursini and Montagliani learned the rules well.

Very correct but I don't think having the CSA on yourresume has any weight these days. What weight there is quickly shrinking.........

Archived