Classless Rochester player tears down MTL banner

Daniel

Not only was it classless by the player, but the TV morons thought it was funny. It's one thing when a players do stupid things on the pitch when they're full of adrenalin, momentum and emotion, but when a player who's been sitting on the bench does something that stupid, it's unforgivable. Then, the TV guys thinking he's a genius.

It reminds me of two other incidents:

Whitecaps pressing Seattle for a good 45 minutes and getting nothing, and Seattle ended up winning either in the last minute or penalties, my memory is sketchy, but the point is that even the trainer came over and taunted the local fans giving us the finger.

Whitecaps (in their 86ers days) playing Benfica and a bunch of suits from Benfica taunting Vancouver supporters. That just isn't cricket.

I hope that Rochester player (whoever he was) gets a good reception if he ever makes it to Montreal.

Guest Jeffery S.

Makes you wish someone had jumped over and slugged the guy, he did it vindicatively, too. I think the guy should be suspended for that.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Makes you wish someone had jumped over and slugged the guy, he did it vindicatively, too. I think the guy should be suspended for that.

Yeah but given the thug security that they have at soccer games in the US (where farting loudly is considered a reason to get ejected)-remember you can't yell "suck" at soccer games in Rochester or security gets involved) just imagine the beating they'd give someone who jumped on the pitch.

We all jumped over the first fence thats about 3-4 feet high and we where ready to go all the way, I my self had a chair in my hands and I was ready to use it but I didn't because I told my self "Drop it, your in the States". Next thing you know, the security is using force against us, while a Stampede was trying to steel another one of our banners but he didn't get away with it...

All in all it was a fun night in Ro****er. The guy is lucky that this is North America or else he would of been "lying on the carpet" by now.

I'm praying to god that we are going to meet these f-kers in the playoffs!

Aaaah... Rochester.

Nothing like having two 200-pound security guards having you in a head and arm lock and slamming you violently against the stand even if you're not resisting, while a stupid Stampede asswipe is running around with your flag and gets asked nicely to give it back by security...

quote:Originally posted by beachesl

Hmm, isn´t this deja vue all over agin? Do not read this section much anymore since the Aviators died, but there always seems to be a smimilar piece every year when the Impact visit Rochester. I am waiting for "Man Bites dog".

But I would call this a new low. These are paying customers we are talking about. People who have traveled long distances to be there and buy your tickets. Whereas the idiot who tore the banner down didn't buy his ticket but rather gets in for free to sit on the bench on sidelines.

Were it rival supporters I might understand a little more. But even rival supporters have more class. And if it was rival supporters then some fair retaliation is possible. But what recourse do supporters have against a benchwarner ( supposed player) without getting banished a and making unwanted headlines.

Also, this may not be apparent to those who are not in USL and MLS towns in Canada. But, the tone that comes accross in these forums is not really indicative of what really happens amongst supporters. from everything that I have witnessed, relations can be hostile on the surface but very cordial beneath the surface amongst the various supporters groups. Verbal hostilities do not translate in physical hostilities. Well, extremely rarely anyways.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

The Impact have the video, have the details.

Will they choose to actually stand up for their supporters, who travelled 1000km to get their sh*t torn down by a PLAYER? Don't get your hopes up...

I don't really think it should be in The Impact's hands to pursue a complaint. As far as I'm concerned it's outside the clubs hands.

Any time a player interacts with spectators, home or away, and especially in a confrontational manner it becomes a LEAGUE issue and one the LEAGUE should address. On a televised match it's impossible that the USL haven't heard of this yet and with there being video it's an easy enough matter to investigate.

Don't need to lynch the guy but come on. That sort of behavour is asking for trouble.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

This is the USL you're talking about. The league won't intervene unless it is pushed to do so.

yeah. thats the same feeling that I have always gotten about the USL. To begin with, isn't Saputo practically the commissioner ?

For example anybody know who the actual USL commissioner is ? Does the league even operate at that kind of level where there is somebody who is actually in charge of supplimentary or one off discipline? You need to have process in place to actaully carry this out. For all we know that commish is nothing more than a figure head.

If anything happens it might be something along the lines of a gentlemens agreement between the two clubs.

Archived