Black Wednesday T-Shirt

VPjr

quote:Originally posted by Taoism

Are you coordinating a bunch of shirts for 'Peggers? If so, I'd like to arrange to get one instead of having a single one shipped directly to me.

Cheers!

No, I will not be coordinating any orders. Maybe one of the Peg clan....?

Regardless, I will be wearing BLACK.

Are you coming on September 12 ?

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

No, I will not be coordinating any orders. Maybe one of the Peg clan....?

Regardless, I will be wearing BLACK.

Are you coming on September 12 ?

I was planning going until about 3 minutes ago when I was told I have to go to Guelph Sept 12-14, so regrettably, I doubt I will make it. :)

Cheers!

As a follow-up though, it did just occur to me that if I can be done my work early enough on the 12th, I could drive into Toronto from Guelph and actually attend the game in person! Hahaha! :)

I've never seen our men's team in person, so it would be pretty cool if I can swing it!

Cheers!

quote:Originally posted by JB_Tito

BLACK STREAMERS are good visual too, we just have to coordinate when to throw them all together.

I'm a little curious about the repercussions of throwing streamers at the players during a FIFA international. It might not go over the same with the powers that be as it does during an MLS match. Any thoughts on this?

quote:Originally posted by brandon

I'm a little curious about the repercussions of throwing streamers at the players during a FIFA international. It might not go over the same with the powers that be as it does during an MLS match. Any thoughts on this?

I don't know about that, maybe someone who watched U20 Canada vs Argentina can help us with this.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by JB_Tito

I don't know about that, maybe someone who watched U20 Canada vs Argentina can help us with this.

Fifa is only worried about security questions, usually flares are out and there are rules about things that can be thrown, like full closed bottles of liquid.

A national federation or national sport body or league could impose more rules, like regarding drinking in stands or at all in the stadium.

So could the stadium itself have its own safety rules.

Streamers are not going to be banned anywhere unless you are in some cleanliness freaky land like Singapore. Banners, well that depends on how those in charge interpret democracy (and if they cover advertising). Nothing that has been proposed in any thread I have read should be banned, if it is I think the thing to do is simply heckle the security people for doing so and don't let them take down or away anything unreasonably.

Archived