Black Wednesday T-Shirt

VPjr

quote:Originally posted by River City

Canadian Soccer Supporters United?

Echoes of the Judaean People's Front.

You mean the People's Front of Judea? :D

I think it's ok to not have the V's logo. This protest has been an amalgamated effort of the V's, RPB, and USector as far as the game in Toronto is concerned.

Because not all V's agreed about the T-shirt concept I didn't feel right about putting the V's logo on it. Also, because of the support from U-Sector and RPB members, I felt that it would be a nice gesture to come up with a simple logo that plays up the fact that this protest unites various groups and that, for the most part, we are share the united goal of sacking the CSA.

Ed, if you want some shirts, let me know how many and where to ship them. The price is $5.00 each. Who's Polish Lynx fan? Is he the infamous scarf fraudster (or is that too harsh a description?)

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

Because not all V's agreed about the T-shirt concept I didn't feel right about putting the V's logo on it. Also, because of the support from U-Sector and RPB members, I felt that it would be a nice gesture to come up with a simple logo that plays up the fact that this protest unites various groups and that, for the most part, we are share the united goal of sacking the CSA.

Fair enough.

As long as we don't degenerate into the Popular Front....splitters!

I'd be willing to get a few as well. Ed, if you don't mind receiving an Edmonton order with yours, I can get someone to pick them up.

quote:Originally posted by River City

Fair enough.

As long as we don't degenerate into the Popular Front....splitters!

I'd be willing to get a few as well. Ed, if you don't mind receiving an Edmonton order with yours, I can get someone to pick them up.

Trust me, there will be no splinter movement. This is still the place to go for Canadian soccer chat and news.

I would really appreciate it if we could do consolidated orders for each city (i.e. Montreal, Ottawa, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Victoria, etc...) to make it as easy as possible for distribution and collecting of funds. Plus, freight would be a lot cheaper to send 10 shirts to 1 place or 1 shirt to 10 places.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys.

I have ordered 500 shirts for Wednesday. They will be available in Large, XL and XXL (limited quantities of XXL due to my supplier having low inventory of this size currently).

I am going to be taking next Wednesday off work so that I can get organized and find a location for the distribution of these shirts around BMO Field. Later this week, I will post details letting you know where you will be able to find me.

I will also attempt to stop at the RPB and U-Sector pre-game meeting places to distribute shirts there in advance of heading over to the stadium. My preference would be to meet up with reps from RPB and U-Sector before Wednesday night to drop off bulk quantities of shirts so that I am not going crazy running around the downtown core before the game on Wednesday.

I urge any of you who are interested in buying the shirts before the game at the stadium...please try to come a bit early. I know that 7pm starts are a pain in the butt but please do your best. I really dont want to miss much of the game if possible.

For those outside T.O. that are not coming to the game, if you want to purchase some shirts, I will make arrangements next week to ship shirts out to whomever is interested.

Now that I have done my bit, I'd love to see some ideas for banners, signs, chants, etc... lets get a seperate thread started for those ideas.

If they like making big banners using them once and throwing them away, go for it. If not, why date it? The future of Soccer is gonna be black indefinitely unless you can think of a way to nuke the board. This will take more than one protest.

quote:Originally posted by Soju

If they like making big banners using them once and throwing them away, go for it. If not, why date it? The future of Soccer is gonna be black indefinitely unless you can think of a way to nuke the board. This will take more than one protest.

or just use paint that can be wash off

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

Very good job.

A very worthy project and a great idea.

Well done boys. The Winnipeg V's will be wearing black on September 12.

Are you coordinating a bunch of shirts for 'Peggers? If so, I'd like to arrange to get one instead of having a single one shipped directly to me.

Cheers!

Archived