Is Srdjan back with UBC?

loyola

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Jamit

I was under the impression that once you had played pro you could no longer play for a university team. Maybe that is just for the NCAA?

But if this is true and he is returning to play for UBC, well what does that say about Toronto FC?

The rule seems to allow Canadian university players to not lose their status if signed to a specific type of contract at MLS. And that was the contract Srdjan signed.

On the other hand, since he played a reserve game last week I assume he is still there.

The idea, I think, is that he studies at a distance for this month and since TFC surely are not going to make the playoffs he goes back for the last month and half of the season to play for UBC.

quote:Originally posted by Richard

CIS schools ruled earlier this year in favour of allowing Major League Soccer players to retain their university eligibility.

The Quebec Conference is full of former pro players in Europe and North Africa. So I don't really see a problem with Srdjan retaining his eligibility.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Richard

CIS schools ruled earlier this year in favour of allowing Major League Soccer players to retain their university eligibility.

Thanks for clearing that up Richard. An interesting move and pretty far-sighted I think, good for them.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Bertuzzi44

From what I saw, I didn't think Srdjan performed well. I rate Monsalve ahead of him.

That said, whatever people think, Srdjan has by far the best record this year of any other keeper. Most points per game, best goals against average.

So folks felt he did not exude confidence, I can accept that. I think he was the keeper who best organized the defence and who the team played best in front of. People are happy with Kenny but he is not a winner, he has gone through three relegations with his clubs and was a sub at Tromso.

Sometimes things are not the way they seem ("Seem? I known not seem...").

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

That said, whatever people think, Srdjan has by far the best record this year of any other keeper. Most points per game, best goals against average.

So folks felt he did not exude confidence, I can accept that. I think he was the keeper who best organized the defence and who the team played best in front of. People are happy with Kenny but he is not a winner, he has gone through three relegations with his clubs and was a sub at Tromso.

Sometimes things are not the way they seem ("Seem? I known not seem...").

From what I've seen so far, Kenny S. is by far the best keeper who has play with TFC this year. I think that stats are useless when evaluating keepers and how can Kenny be at fault for the 0 goals his team has scored since he arrived?

It's a bit harsh to call him "not a winner" because his teams were relegated when he was praised by the fans of those teams for his good performances.

Srdjan on the other end doesn't inspire confidence and his distribution is suspect. He looks like he has a future but he's not MLS level yet IMO.

Archived