Aug 31 - Montreal vs Rochester [R]

jonovision

The broadcast that I am watching on SRC is an hour behind live, so I've only seen the first half so far, but the Impact look good. Two goals from Charles G'beke, who looks a beast out there. The goals also give G'beke the goal scoring lead in USL-1. DiLorenzo has been the other standout for Montreal.

Rochester has looked ordinary, bordering on poor.

Ha, I only saw the 2nd half.

Quite a good half by Rochester actualy. Quite a good half by Montreal too if you consider they worked principly on absorbing Rochesters agression while throwing in the occasional counter punch.

Pretty good match from what I saw, nicely promoting USL 1st Division.

Impact look to be hitting their stride at the right time of year.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Ha, I only saw the 2nd half.

Quite a good half by Rochester actualy. Quite a good half by Montreal too if you consider they worked principly on absorbing Rochesters agression while throwing in the occasional counter punch.

Pretty good match from what I saw, nicely promoting USL 1st Division.

Impact look to be hitting their stride at the right time of year.

I saw only parts of the 2nd half, but my impressions were exactly the same. Perhaps it was just that I tuned in at the right times, but I saw Montreal come closer to scoring on their counters than Rochester did, with Vallow making some great saves.

Seattle vs. Minnesota (August 31) spoiler alert — result posted below....

Minnesota did Montreal a favour by upsetting Seattle 2-1, snapping the Sounders' 15-game unbeaten streak. It's now Seattle with 48 points and both Montreal and Portland with 47 points. Each team has 2 games left.

I have to agree that first half was the best I've seen in this League all year. That being said, I think this is the weakest Whinos side I've seen in a while.

Di Lorenzo has been the offensive catalyst for this team all year. Gbeke has been on the reciving end of some amazing balls being delivered by Di Lorenzo.

I wonder how they would look in a Toronto FC uniform? I hope it doesn't happen, but I certainly feel that both could be playing in the MLS.

Archived