Whitecaps choose Northside to Southside

Footy

So whats the deal maybe someone in the know can answer this as there is a theory out there that the Caps are choosing to attack the Northside in the second half ? If so why ? its obvious that visiting teams like Seattle, Portland and Montreal never wanted to defend the southend in the second half because of the abuse visiting keepers get from the Southsiders.

I blame this on Lilley and his 2 minute huddles which gift wrap the southside to the visiting club. I'm sure the players prefer scoring a winning goal in the 88 min and proceed to celebrate in the southside with their working class fans. I can only say this speaking as a Liverpool supporter who knows that when a goal is scored in the Kop end it matters as much to the fans as the players.

I dont think its a fluke that every game the Caps are attacking the southend the first half I guess Lilley or Management feels the need to attack the Northside the second half maybe to entertain that side of the fans who are deemed special? As a Southsider I went over to the north corner normally stay in the Southside and watch the oposition tee up on our keeper in the second half but I said screw it we had a good group in the southside having our verbal battle with Nic Platter the Thunder keeper that why not continue it through the normally vital second half.

As for your comment Richard and others on this board about our numbers dropping off we had a good turn out last night and the previous game and when the grandstand can create a buzz on their own not including being promted by music,winger or clammering for a free t-shirt or ball we still will be around big or small we play a role not only as fans but as the extra man ... just ask Mat Nelson.

Archived