What about a black banner?

Ben Knight

What if everyone wore their Canada colours to the Costa Rica game -- it's not the team we're mad at, after all? -- but carried blank black signs or banners?

No words, no logos -- just black.

One giant plain black banner would certainly get attention up in the press box!

(I'll be wearing black, by the way.)

quote:Originally posted by Ben Knight

What if everyone wore their Canada colours to the Costa Rica game -- it's not the team we're mad at, after all? -- but carried blank black signs or banners?

No words, no logos -- just black.

One giant plain black banner would certainly get attention up in the press box!

(I'll be wearing black, by the way.)

Ah, yes, well. Easy for you.

YOU look good in black!

The problem with a banner is that it is easy for the powers that be, who will be monitoring these threads closely, to confiscate at the gate. They can't turn away every person in a black t-shirt, however, without making themselves look ridiculous. Still think red cards held up by fans could send a message as well. It worked well in a Scottish Cup final many moons ago when Maggie Thatcher showed up to present the trophy.

quote:Originally posted by BringBackTheBlizzard

The problem with a banner is that it is easy for the powers that be, who will be monitoring these threads closely, to confiscate at the gate. They can't turn away every person in a black t-shirt, however, without making themselves look ridiculous. Still think red cards held up by fans could send a message as well. It worked well in a Scottish Cup final many moons ago when Maggie Thatcher showed up to present the trophy.

Good points. The red card idea could work really well too.

Okay, wear the colours and wave the cards. Love it.

What about an anti-CSA tifo? At a pre-arranged point, everyone puts on the black shirts, and chants "CSA Out!" for five minutes on the clock.

Get in behind the sideline TV reporters at halftime.

I promise you the press box will be watching. There's a lot of angry, frustrated soccer fans up there, too.

I love that Ben is getting involved! Now that is my sort of "Free Press".

Good ideas, and keep to it. Somebody should show up as the Grim Reaper with an effigy of some faceless CSA director--a sign hanging from the effigy could read: CSA - RIP 19?? -- 2007.

Whatever you do, make some bloody noise!

Archived