Canadians abroad: August 31 - September 6, 2007

DJT

Guest Jeffery S.

Tam Nsaliwa is listed where I look as a starter for AEK as they try to get back from the 2-0 first leg against Sevilla. Goes at 8:45 PM.

Sevilla is probably exhausted emotionally and physically, they flew to Greece last Monday, were to play on the Tuesday but did not when Puerta died, flew back late, on Thursday I think or Friday morn flew to Monaco, I am not sure if they went back to Sevilla after but in any case are now back in Greece. They did not look fresh the 2nd half vs. Milan on Friday, mind you Milan was a tough test for them. So if AEK can just hold on in defence and get a goal, they may have be able to tie it up in regular time. Though Sevilla with a goal will surely go through.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Tam Nsaliwa is listed where I look as a starter for AEK as they try to get back from the 2-0 first leg against Sevilla. Goes at 8:45 PM.

Sevilla is probably exhausted emotionally and physically, they flew to Greece last Monday, were to play on the Tuesday but did not when Puerta died, flew back late, on Thursday I think or Friday morn flew to Monaco, I am not sure if they went back to Sevilla after but in any case are now back in Greece. They did not look fresh the 2nd half vs. Milan on Friday, mind you Milan was a tough test for them. So if AEK can just hold on in defence and get a goal, they may have be able to tie it up in regular time. Though Sevilla with a goal will surely go through.

Nsaliwa had a sorry half with the rest of his team, down 0-3 at the break, and with Tam out one more from Sevilla, Palop stops a penalty, but Rivaldo scores late to make it 6-1 aggregate.

Right now I think the best keeper in Europe is Palop, he is better than anyone in Spain though I don't think he is even in the top 4 in the national team pool, and I think better than anyone else. Absolutely superb over these last 2 years as starter.

I hate to see Tam's team getting kicked in the teeth so thoroughly but good for Sevilla. I normally cheer for Barca in Spain but this year I am going to throw my support behind Sevilla (Barca doesn't need my help...they'll be a powerhouse regardless). I will be very curious to see how a team recovers from such a horrible event like the passing of a teammate. It could crush them or it could unify them. It will be an interesting La Liga season.

I agree with Jeffrey that Palop is the best GK in Spain (Casillas is good but Palop impresses me more). I still think Buffon is the best in Europe. IMO, he singlehandedly won Sunday's fixture for Juve, despite giving up two goals.

Daniel Imhof - VfL Bochum (German Bundesliga 1) (1)

Ryan Gyaki - Hansa Rostock (German Bundesliga 1) (1)

Rob Friend - Borussia Monchengladbach (German Budesliga 2) (2)

Nik Ledgerwood - 1860 München (German Bundesliga 2)(2)

Josh Simpson - Kaiserslautern (German Bundesliga 2) (2)

Patrice Bernier - Kaiserslautern (German Bundesliga 2) (2)

Kevin McKenna - FK Koln (German Bundesliga 2) (2)

Jonathan Beaulieu-Bourgault - St. Pauli (German Bundesliga 2) (2)

Taken from Mother of all Cnds abroad

Whats the deal with all of our guys in Germany? I consider soccernet.com fairly up to date and reliable. or , am I wrong? I went through their latest current roster of player and some recent match reports. Aside from Imhof, I cant find anyone listed other Gyaki. And in regards Gyaki, it shows no game and zeros across that stats line and and a very blank bio. BTW when did Friend leave AZ Alkmaar? Thought he was loaned out to them from Heerenveen.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

Nik Ledgerwood - 1860 M�nchen (German Bundesliga 2)(2)

Whats the deal with all of our guys in Germany? I consider soccernet.com fairly up to date and reliable. or , am I wrong? I went through their latest current roster of player and some recent match reports. Aside from Imhof, I cant find anyone listed other Gyaki. And in regards Gyaki, it shows no game and zeros across that stats line and and a very blank bio. BTW when did Friend leave AZ Alkmaar? Thought he was loaned out to them from Heerenveen.

First, Friend was loaned out for most of the second half of last season from Heerenveen to bottom-feeders Heracles Almelo, not emerging power AZ, which would have been a strange loan move. Heerenveen sold him to Borussia over the summer. Friend played in the last match, assisting on a goal, as well as few more this season, so if there is no info on him that is bizarre.

Bernier has been active for Kaiserslautern as well this season, although not for the most recent matches because of a 3-match suspension. Simpson has been nursing an injury, and hasn't played this year.

Ledgerwood has made 2 substitute appearances for 1860, one in a league match and another in the DFB Pokal. He also started a game for the Regionalliga side.

McKenna, on the other hand, has played every minute so far for Cologne.

It would appear Beaulieu-Bourgault hasn't seen any action yet this season.

If you can navigate through the German, much better info can be found at www.kicker.de

I find that soccernet does England relatively well, but is suspect or lacking with some of their other reports.

Kicker pages for each player

Daniel Imhof

Ryan Gyaki

Rob Friend

Nikolas Ledgerwood

Josh Simpson

Patrice Bernier

Kevin McKenna

Jonathan Bourgault

Sunday games in Norwegian Adeccoliga:

Still no Grande for Molde as they defeat HamKam 2-0 to sement their lead, and almost assure them of promotion, barring a late-season collapse.

Felix Brilliant comes on in the 85th minute as Sparta Sarpsborg defeat Løv-Ham 3-1.

Kevin De Serpa comes on in the 59th minute as Mandalskameratene lose another, this time 2-1 to Bryne.

quote:Originally posted by frank

Niklas Ledgerwood suffered an ankle joint injury. He is already operated and will be out for the next 4 months.

http://www.tsv1860.de/?id=150&news_id=8203&back_id=56&offset=&limit=

Well that sucks for Nik. And that rules him out of the Costa Rica match (not that I was expecting he would be called) but any other friendlies that might (by some miracle) get announced for October & November.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

Nik Ledgerwood - 1860 München (German Bundesliga 2)(2)

Soccernet is not reliable for Bundesliga 2 info. They only added Bund 2 scores last year and they rarely ever list rosters for games, just the goalscorers.

Pesch scores for Luton Town against Northampton in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy: Southern Section Round 1 (I cut and pasted the name of the competition... I couldn't possibly be expected to type all of that). He had just come on in the 46th minute and scored in the 48th. I think this was his first action for Luton.

quote:Originally posted by bungey

Peschisolido has scored in the 48 minute for Luton Town over Northampton in the Johnston Paint Trophy competition.

What exactly is the Johnston Paint Trophy? Anyone?

That would be the League Trophy according to livescore.

Bournemouth are up 2-0 against Walsall. Begovic in goal.

quote:Originally posted by bungey

Peschisolido has scored in the 48 minute for Luton Town over Northampton in the Johnston Paint Trophy competition.

What exactly is the Johnston Paint Trophy? Anyone?

It's the former LDV Vans Trophy. That doesn't help either? Ok, from Wikipedia:

The Football League Trophy is the generic name of an English football competition for clubs in the two lower divisions of The Football League and, in some seasons, the leading sides in the Conference National. It was originally called the Associate Members' Cup (an anachronism as there is now no distinction between full and associate membership of the Football League).

quote:Originally posted by Jamit

No. Paul has started two league games for Luton.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/match?id=219044&cc=5901

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/match?id=219106&cc=5901

I stand corrected.

In other action, Ross Smith comes on in the 36th minute with Dagenham & Redbridge trailing Southend 1-0. Game ends 2-2 in regulation and Smith scores on the team's seventh penalty (the sixth goal). D&R go on to win 7-6 on penalties.

In Conference action, Gavin McCallum comes on in the 69th minute for Weymouth, who end up in a 1-1 draw with Woking.

Simeon Jackson comes on in the 73rd and scores in the 83rd, as Rushden & Diamonds draw 1-1 with Crawley Town.

And Simon Rayner continues his hot streak with Torquay, who beat Salisbury 4-0.

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

Julian Uccello scored both goals and played the entire match as Rivarolese defeated Derthona 2-1 in Serie D Girone A today.

Rocco Placentino is injured and therefore didn't play in Gubbio's 0-1 loss to Cuoiopelli in Serie C2 Girone B action today.

David Masciantonio was an unused sub as Benevento defeated V. Lamezia 1-2 today in Serie C2 Girone C.

gianluca Zavarise Montebelluno Calcio was not used in their match Tamai – Montebelluna and went also down in defeat by a score of 2-1

I would like to point out Uccello, was rated an 8 and these two goals now are has 6 goals in 3 games he played so far with his new team.

Roberto Stillo his season has not started in the nets for Genoa youth no information out so far my eyes are on him. let you know if there is any news out of there....

From our friends at the BBC:

Luton boss Kevin Blackwell said the Johnstone's Paint Trophy win over Northampton was an ideal chance for players to build up match fitness.

Blackwell was particularly thrilled with Paul Peschisolido, who scored one of the goals in the 2-0 success.

"There were a few players who needed a run-out. Pesch has been out with an ankle injury for two-and-a-half weeks and hasn't trained," Blackwell said.

"So this was really a training session for him and he took his goal well."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/luton_town/6979609.stm

Archived