The Toronto Sun,would you believe,

john tv

Well this is a new one,I called and ask the question, stating that I have been reading all other publications and yet not a word about the Linford announcement in the Sun, and the answer ....We don't have the staff available to do a story.

What does it take ,this is very big stuff and yet apparently not enough interest in the well being of Canadian soccer or for that matter a very serious problem in Canadian soccer.

Strange ,very strange and I sure would like to get to the bottom of this.Anybody any suggestions or recommendations?

quote:Originally posted by john tv

Well this is a new one,I called and ask the question, stating that I have been reading all other publications and yet not a word about the Linford announcement in the Sun, and the answer ....We don't have the staff available to do a story.

What does it take ,this is very big stuff and yet apparently not enough interest in the well being of Canadian soccer or for that matter a very serious problem in Canadian soccer.

Strange ,very strange and I sure would like to get to the bottom of this.Anybody any suggestions or recommendations?

Keep the pressure on and keep the story in the news.

John, there is no conspiracy. Really. The Sun just thinks that the story isn't big enough to warrant coverage. I disagree. As do you, the Star, the Globe, the Post, the…

quote:Originally posted by john tv

I have received a few replies to the press release I emailed out to some newspapers in Ontario and Quebec that they will try to get to this story next week because they are short staffed. I think staff cutbacks have been dramatic at the Sun chain of papers.

I must say that receiving four papers every day including the Pickering News advertiser, the Sun is by far the thinnest of them all. Even the Sat. Sun is so small compared to the others. My wife got the Sun several weeks ago when she bought a 52 Sunday special and they offered her a daily Sun for $ 42.00 a year.

So you figure.

Still this is a king size story and not having enough staff maybe not all what the truth is really all about.

Maybe here is a story!

Archived