Superliga final.... Beckham injured again

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

Galaxy lose the final on an OG late in extra time....wow.

Huh? The version of the match I saw had them losing on PK's, not extra time.

Best thing about it was Donovan having a chance to win it, doing his usual "meditation" routine before taking a PK, and then blowing his shot.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Huh? The version of the match I saw had them losing on PK's, not extra time.

Best thing about it was Donovan having a chance to win it, doing his usual "meditation" routine before taking a PK, and then blowing his shot.

That is a truly wonderful, wonderful thing!

Guest Jeffery S.

I saw no challenge on that play, they both hit the ball, either sides of the ball. The challenge was on the ball and clean, and the follow up didn't even touch the guy.

Must admit though it is a damn stressful month he has had, he must be frazzled. I am sure he is looking forward to the offseason, as is probably the Galaxy.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Must admit though it is a damn stressful month he has had, he must be frazzled. I am sure he is looking forward to the offseason, as is probably the Galaxy.

I don't think he's looking forward to the offseason at all. Looking back at 2007, he didn't play that many matches.

If anything he is starving for playing time, and that, combined with his over-eagerness to put football in the USA on the map probably led to some of his injury problems lately. He must've only played 25 matches in 2007, and then he plays 180 minutes in a 36-hour stretch when he's barely even match fit!??! That's asking for trouble and I just knew he'd get injured one way or the other and miss England's vital Euro 2008 qualifies! :(

As far as his goal of getting MLS global recognition... I just came back from South America and the entire time I was there I didn't see a single highlight, article, dicussion or anything at all related to MLS or the SuperLiga. And I was in a country (Chile) that probably gets more global coverage of football than anywhere else in the world.

I must admit, I was expecting something since I had satellite TV. Maybe a snipet at least about the superliga final since Mexican football is covered well down there. But nothing!

Just thought I'd mention that since we tend to overrate the U.K. media and the importance of making news in that country.

Archived