Andy Welsh Rumour

dbailey62

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

There were reports that Welsh was unhappy in Toronto which Mo subsequently denied. Now you wonder if those reports were actually true.

Ya, they probably were. Probably no pulled groin last week and no charley horse the week before either.

Can't blame Mo though. He doesn't want to advertise discontent in the dressing room.

quote:Originally posted by dbailey62

Ya, they probably were. Probably no pulled groin last week and no charley horse the week before either.

Can't blame Mo though. He doesn't want to advertise discontent in the dressing room.

Well I knew he wouldn't be back next year. But given the injury bug killing us this year & international absences up coming as well, I hope that he & his salary is replaced soon. We have the roster spots now to do so. In fact we could now sign two players in his stead with O'Brien, Sutton & Cunningham all on IR list for the rest of the year.

The source appears to be one of Jimmy B's brothers, so it appears to be a solid rumour.

Seems official now, It was reported on the radio this morning. I'm not sure that these are the kind of players that will succeed in this league going forward. I was watching the Superliga final last night and observed how players from both teams went at it in the hot LA temperatures. As events like the superliga and inter league play gain more and more prominant and prestige, the styles of teams in MLS will IMO adapt more to the conditions that will be required for success in these kind of events given the environment ( Climate, fans, ethnic makeup etc) .

The Mexicans were creative in MF, comfortable on the ball, and very patient ( if not methodical and slow) in their buildup. Thats not the kind envoronment that I senced Welsh would be comfortable in from what I saw of his play this year.

The $$$ were there to be had for the winners. As far as Welsh, he has lots of pace and runs his heart out so I can see why he would be sought in the CCC. But his play is the polar opposite of what I was seeing last night.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Free kick

Seems official now, It was reported on the radio this morning. I'm not sure that these are the kind of players that will succeed in this league going forward. I was watching the Superliga final last night and observed how players from both teams went at it in the hot LA temperatures. As events like the superliga and inter league play gain more and more prominant and prestige, the styles of teams in MLS will IMO adapt more to the conditions that will be required for success in these kind of events given the environment ( Climate, fans, ethnic makeup etc) .

The Mexicans were creative in MF, comfortable on the ball, and very patient ( if not methodical and slow) in their buildup. Thats not the kind envoronment that I senced Welsh would be comfortable in from what I saw of his play this year.

The $$$ were there to be had for the winners. As far as Welsh, he has lots of pace and runs his heart out so I can see why he would be sought in the CCC. But his play is the polar opposite of what I was seeing last night.

Pachuca is actually a very talented team, and they have won the club championship of Concacaf, won the league in Mexico, and now this, so a strong side and in my view well coached.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Pachuca is actually a very talented team, and they have won the club championship of Concacaf, won the league in Mexico, and now this, so a strong side and in my view well coached.

Don't forget about the Copa Sudamericana as well

Archived