WTF?

DarnCherry

quote:Originally posted by EDVAN

Whitecaps, Who does the attendance counting?? Sure didn't look like 4700 people. More like 2000

On the live chat when someone mentioned the Caps attendance was up this season I mentioned that the crowd was probably around 3,500 but they'd announce around 5,000-thats how attendance has been "up" this season.

quote:Originally posted by Krammerhead

TFC and Vancouver Whitecaps both had home games tonight (Saturday night)? Yet there are no threads here posted about either game.

Is this really a Canadian soccer supporters board?

Though I cant speak for why the there is no thread for the caps game, I can think of couple of possible reasons why there no discussion regarding the TFC game:

1) Typical weekend traffic on this site which is not uncommon. It usually drops on weekends.

2) The annual fair ( CNE ) has been going on outside the stadium at the same time as the last two games. And it's not just the traffic here that has dropped but also the the traffic at the pre-game and post game supporter's hangout. And I mean dropping big time as a lot have been taking advantage of the free admittance ( with game ticket)and staying there. As a result, have been getting home really late.

3) No goals nor great noteworthy performances to talk about.

quote:Originally posted by Krammerhead

TFC and Vancouver Whitecaps both had home games tonight (Saturday night)? Yet there are no threads here posted about either game.

Is this really a Canadian soccer supporters board?

Nothing was stopping you from starting that pre-game thread [:P]

On another note, crowd was so small because the season tickets that people had still had the game being played today. With VB pulling out before the season the schedule had to be changed but of course the tickets had already been sent out. Even Shaw Cable was advertising that they would being showing the game against Charleston live on Sunday the 26th.

Whitecaps have some people at the stadium tonight to tell people the game was played last night.

Archived