From the horses mouth - soccer coverage in Canada

I have a tremendous good report with the media,simply because you try to be their friend.It may sound extremely corny but there it is. You create contacts and maintain them.Currently I speak to Mary Ormsby and Chris Celkovich at the Star, my very good friend Peter Mallett at the Globe and of course my very good friend George Gross as well as Lance Hornby and some others at The Sun.Paul James,Brian Budd ,Peter Irvine played for me indoors and Alf deblasis had his start in TV on my shows.Of course my very good friend Gerry Dobson and Craig Forrest.I have a very good report with all of them.Even Norm Dacosta I consider a very good friend.I tried to get hold of the Cat as well as Morgan,but sofar no luck. I am to busy anyway to really make it an issue. You guys take up enough of my time.I have said this many times before please don't get mad and don't even show any displeasure. They really are very sensitive these media guys. It's funny they rip anybody an as,,hole but don't do it to them.

I suggest you call first and just try to speak to the editor or assignment desk.Inquire about the assignments you feel strongly about and try to start a conversation. Get their e-mail address and follow up with your request again. Maintain a follow up and if they publish,broadcast or do an editorial sent them a thank you note.

It makes a lot of sense to make them aware how much you care and they than will again realize that soccer is a big sport and deserves and needs that attention. They also operate with this sort of media attention formula,phone calls represent x no of readers while letters count for double.

I can assure you that if we were to start a campaign which is one that truly represents our sincere interest as well as commitment and sustain that,it will work. They cannot ignore you,there are to many of us and they need those readers as well.I sometimes wonder how the circulation of the Globe is these days,since they indeed are doing and have been doing a great job for both TFC and our MNT.

Anyway let us keep this thing open and keep us all informed what you are doing ,who you spoke to and what was promised or done.

Just remember it is all about Canadian soccer and our guys deserve our support and it will show on the field.

I can't wait for that Sep 12th game.I even believe we can outdo the TFC crowd and hey they are the same anyway.

Now about those songs.....

quote:Originally posted by Juby

sorry to go off topic and be a knitpicker, but the colbert report is undermining language, when the T is silent, the word is rapport.

Auhhhhh, you mean "Truthyism isn't a real word that I can use in scabble?

Next yer gonna tell me whatfer ain't no real word. Whatever I'm off ta warsh me rags in the machen thar.

You should catch an episode of "Acadie Man"

My fav quote:

"Hey mem, je movez back in la?"

EDIT:

John martens up eh!

My role is ta pick ons ya nots ta defends ya [:P]

Archived