What Canucks have to say to qualify for the WC

Desigol

Screw Jonathan DeGuzman, we've enough quality to qualify.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the emphasis on Hargreaves playing for England put a damper on Canada's Qualifying hopes. The team and fans felt sorry for themselves and paid the price.

NI only started to play well when they got the Neil Lennon incident out of their system. Canada needs to get Hargreaves and Jonathan out of their system.

Why are you so negative about Jonathan..??

Why would he like to play for Canada if people like you make these sort of remarks. He hasnt even made a choice yet and he is a scapegoat already....That's very unfair..

Jonathan de Guzman has more quality in his left toe than any of the canadian players right now.

He's fully focussing on his club that has made a big investment and 6/7 years of coaching in his career and thats a very sensible decision.

quote:Originally posted by Desigol

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the emphasis on Hargreaves playing for England put a damper on Canada's Qualifying hopes. The team and fans felt sorry for themselves and paid the price.

NI only started to play well when they got the Neil Lennon incident out of their system. Canada needs to get Hargreaves and Jonathan out of their system.

I think we need to get Jonathan into our system rather than out. While I don't agree that he is a greater talent than any of our current players (I'd put him slightly behind Atiba and a step or two behind his brother), he is young and promising and the exact player we need to fortify our squad for the next few WCQ campaigns.

quote:Originally posted by SCF08

Why are you so negative about Jonathan..??

Why would he like to play for Canada if people like you make these sort of remarks. He hasnt even made a choice yet and he is a scapegoat already....That's very unfair..

Jonathan de Guzman has more quality in his left toe than any of the canadian players right now.

He's fully focussing on his club that has made a big investment and 6/7 years of coaching in his career and thats a very sensible decision.

David Edgar has had a lot of time and money invested in him by Newcastle but that doesn't mean he can't find time to play for his country. Frankly, that is a weak / stupid comment. JDG2 is one of several hundred young, very talented players playing club football throughout Europe who have had a lot invested in them by their clubs. He just doesn't know if he wants to play for Canada whereas most other young and supremely talented footballers don't hesitate if called by their country.

Canadian supporters simply need to stop hoping/wishing/praying for JDG2 to suit up for Canada. If it happens, fantastic. If he chooses the Dutch, then we can let loose with our venom.

For now, lets focus on the boys who are proud to wear our colours and not get our hopes up about other players who, for whatever reason, won't make up their mind.

quote:Originally posted by Desigol

I'm sorry if this sounds blunt, but please stick to what you know. You've seen HOW many Canada games?

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

I'm sorry if this sounds blunt, but please stick to what you know. You've seen HOW many Canada games?

I dont need to see many Canada games for my opinion.

Jonathan de Guzman is one of the biggest Feyenoord talents ever and fits in the line of Robin van Persie (Now Arsenal) and Salomon Kalou (Now Chelsea)...

Guzzie is far better than Royston Drenthe who has been signed up by Real Madrid last summer.

Jono didnt have the best of years last year but still managed 7 goals from midfield and 6 of them were match winning goals. In his debut year he absolutley outclassed everyone in the Feyenoord team and his opponents as well...

I wonder how many of you have seen De Guzman play..? Next year he will be at a top 4 team in England or Spain.

Feyenoord have made great signing with Roy Makaay and Giovanni van Bronckhorst and they will help him develop even further.

Jonathan will be a world class player and you dont even know or acknowledge it..

Just ask Julian how good he is. Both he and Hutch have nothing on him.

quote:

I dont need to see many Canada games for my opinion.

Jonathan de Guzman is one of the biggest Feyenoord talents ever and fits in the line of Robin van Persie (Now Arsenal) and Salomon Kalou (Now Chelsea)...

Guzzie is far better than Royston Drenthe who has been signed up by Real Madrid last summer.

Jono didnt have the best of years last year but still managed 7 goals from midfield and 6 of them were match winning goals. In his debut year he absolutley outclassed everyone in the Feyenoord team and his opponents as well...

I wonder how many of you have seen De Guzman play..? Next year he will be at a top 4 team in England or Spain.

Feyenoord have made great signing with Roy Makaay and Giovanni van Bronckhorst and they will help him develop even further.

Jonathan will be a world class player and you dont even know or acknowledge it..

I think Daniel's reply was intended for Desigol, not you. I don't think anybody can deny that Jonathan is a talent with a great future potential.

SCF everyone here acknowledges how good Jon is. We really REALLY want him to play for Canada. I think Desigol would be on the right track with his original post if this situation was in any way weighing on our players or coaches minds, but it isn't. It'd be different if he were a keeper and we didn't have one, etc. but the team will go on with or without JDG2. The Hargreaves issue costing us world cup qualifying last round? Of all the excuses we could use for that crap performance, the whore never even crossed my mind.

quote:Originally posted by Natesta

So do you think he'll suit up for Canada or Holland?

I honestly dont know. He never talks about it in Dutch media. He said that he would like to get a Dutch passport once but that doesnt mean anything. He could get one right now , it's handy for him because then he could move anywhere in Europe.

If I were him I'd choose Canada because he could be a Canadian football legend with ''Pele status''. And in Holland he has got massive competition for a midfield place with Rafael van der Vaart , Wesley Sneijder , Robin van Persie , Ibrahim Affelay and Ismael Aissati all fighting for places and these are just the players who are sort of in his age group. In 4/5 years you can add another 5 to that list who are special talents...

I think he'll make a decision on his international future during the course of this year. He has a tough season last year with everything going wrong.

Big trouble at the Feyenoord top , a crap team which meant that Feyenoord didnt qualify for European Football for the first time in 10+ years and he has bad friends and he got a unexpected baby....

Everything is much better for him now. Feyenoord have made huge signings with Giovanni van Bronckhorst orchestrating everything alongside one of Holland's well known football agents who is a massive Feyenoord fan...They lured Roy Makaay , Kevin Hofland and former coach Bert van Marwijk to come to Feyenoord and we are Championship candidates right now...

Jonathan can star in a team with big and experienced players who will get him on track to stardom and without the pressure of playing European Football he can fully focus on having a great season.

Feyenoord won their first league game 0-3 away to Utrecht which has been a guaranteed loss for Feyenoord over the past years and he can come back now from his suspension.

He will play on Sunday.

quote:Originally posted by ag futbol

I think you've taken his assertion the wrong way.

It's more like "let's concentrate on our own players and not roll around in self pitty that we might lose another great player" than "screw JDG2".

That's the best way to look at it, ag. We WANT him wearing the leaf,

but we should really spend most of our energies in making our team

better. He'd be a great asset to our evolving team.

With the positive outlook for our MNT and player development i am inclined to let JDG2 go off and do his own thing.....I would like nothing more than for him to play for Canada though. That being said, i fully believe that JDG2 would not drastically improve our team....more skill level, yes....but make us a contender..no. A TEAM is a TEAM and that is never more prevailant then in the soccer world. I would like to use the Italians at the WC06 as an example....there wasn't a huge star on that team...they all worked together....so JDG2's national team of choice had better have great teamates because he alone will not be our saviour...

Archived