AMF-Futsal World Cup

El CHE

Just wanted to post the site for AMF Futsal World Cup that is being held in Argentina Starting Aug 30 www.mundialfutsal.com

A most of the guys playing are familiar faces from the CSL. Haven't heard to much about the qualifiers but they did go down to Mexico and did pretty well...well, in the end they qualified sooooooooo

good luck to them and if anyone has any news please keep us informed

• 3 weeks later...

Some news on Paraguay winning the world cup 1-0 against Argentina.

http://www.diarioelpopular.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1181&Itemid=77

(It is in spanish, had someone read it to me, if anyone can get a good translation...not literal..that would be appreciated)

Just noticed the updated Canadian roster for the world cup. Once again the majority of the players are from the CSL:

Eduardo Jáuregui

Alvaro Yaques

Alex Lopez

Giovanni Annisi

Mike Di Luca

Carlos Rojas

Adolfo Mella

Denny Velastegui

Roy Blanche

Fitzroy Christey

Some pics from Argentina - Pagaraguay game, and of Jairo Pinilla apparently ranked the worlds best futsal player of today...although lets not undermind Falcao

http://futsalriogrande.com.ar/home/index.php

And looks like Deportivo Pereira will be travelling to this years Panamerican futsal championships taking place in Colombia come October. (as per the the first article)

Youtube on a gol from Argentina vs Norway game

Guest Jeffery S.

With all due respects, this is not the World Cup and is not the FIFA sanctioned tournament, so don't talk to us about the world's best players. None of these guys are in the top 50, and we did not see the world's top countries or the top teams in the tournament either (Brazil, Spain, Portugal, Ukraine, amongst others).

Sorry, I am glad Canada was there and did well, I am sure it is great tournament, but if you want to talk top flight world class futsal I'd be glad to in another context.

THe entire National Team for Colombia are all players that form part of the National Team in Fifa events with exception of the coach. Pinilla plays in Napoli Calcio 5 Futsal Fifa. 2 of the Peruvian players play in europa.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

With all due respects, this is not the World Cup and is not the FIFA sanctioned tournament, so don't talk to us about the world's best players. None of these guys are in the top 50, and we did not see the world's top countries or the top teams in the tournament either (Brazil, Spain, Portugal, Ukraine, amongst others).

Sorry, I am glad Canada was there and did well, I am sure it is great tournament, but if you want to talk top flight world class futsal I'd be glad to in another context.

Guest Jeffery S.

These are the best teams in the world:

Spain won in 2000 and 2004, breaking Brazil's domination since the first FIFA futsal tournament in 89. Runners up were host Holland.

In 1992 the US was runner up and Spain third, and in 96 Spain was runner up.

Spain defeated Brazil in 2000 and Italy last time.

The most recent FIFA ranking, as qualifiers begin for next years world cup in Brazil, is:

1 (1) Brazil 1910 1 0

2 (2) Spain 1859 2 0

3 (3) Italy 1776 3 0

4 (4) Portugal 1688 4 0

5 (5) Russia 1597 6 1

6 (6) Iran 1570 8 2

7 (7) Ukraine 1554 5 -2

8 (8) Argentina 1518 7 -1

9 (9) Japan 1457 9 0

10 (10)Serbia

The futsalplanet website ranked Colombia 52 in the world and Paraguay 31st last fall. Top three were Italy, Spain and Brazil.

In club play the highest ranked club in Europe and current holder of the Futsal Cup is Boomerang Interviu (new sponsor this year, slipped my mind), playing just outside of Madrid. Fourth ranked is another Spanish club, El Pozo Murcia. Spanish league is the best in Europe, possible followed by the Russians, Ukraine. Belgium has one strong club, Charleroi.

Catalunya played at the tournament mentioned here. There must be 30 Catalans in the Spanish league, or more, and none of the top players went to the tournament.

See what happens when you start talking about a guy as the best in the world when he would be lucky to be top 30?

hold on there buddy!!! no ones talking about the BEST team in the world and no one is comparing AMF to FIFA. I just pointed out to you that there are players who are experienced and playing in reputable FIFA ligues, with exception of LNFS in spain, that have played in this tournament. This organization has been around for years and no its not like FIFA but there is nothing wrong with it. I enjoy the game very much and like to follow up on it regualarly. I also think that its great what these canadians are doing for the game in Canada. With no support what so ever.

If Colombia ranks 80th in the futsal rankings or not that does not affect him him as a player. I was just passing on the information from the Argentinean news paper www.losandes.com.ar that commentated on him. If the info is wrong so be it, since it is a reputable newspaper I'm sure the source is reputable itself.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

These are the best teams in the world:

Spain won in 2000 and 2004, breaking Brazil's domination since the first FIFA futsal tournament in 89. Runners up were host Holland.

In 1992 the US was runner up and Spain third, and in 96 Spain was runner up.

Spain defeated Brazil in 2000 and Italy last time.

The most recent FIFA ranking, as qualifiers begin for next years world cup in Brazil, is:

1 (1) Brazil 1910 1 0

2 (2) Spain 1859 2 0

3 (3) Italy 1776 3 0

4 (4) Portugal 1688 4 0

5 (5) Russia 1597 6 1

6 (6) Iran 1570 8 2

7 (7) Ukraine 1554 5 -2

8 (8) Argentina 1518 7 -1

9 (9) Japan 1457 9 0

10 (10)Serbia

The futsalplanet website ranked Colombia 52 in the world and Paraguay 31st last fall. Top three were Italy, Spain and Brazil.

In club play the highest ranked club in Europe and current holder of the Futsal Cup is Boomerang Interviu (new sponsor this year, slipped my mind), playing just outside of Madrid. Fourth ranked is another Spanish club, El Pozo Murcia. Spanish league is the best in Europe, possible followed by the Russians, Ukraine. Belgium has one strong club, Charleroi.

Catalunya played at the tournament mentioned here. There must be 30 Catalans in the Spanish league, or more, and none of the top players went to the tournament.

See what happens when you start talking about a guy as the best in the world when he would be lucky to be top 30?

hold on there buddy!!! no ones talking about the BEST team in the world and no one is comparing AMF to FIFA. I just pointed out to you that there are players who are experienced and playing in reputable FIFA ligues, with exception of LNFS in spain, that have played in this tournament. This organization has been around for years and no its not like FIFA but there is nothing wrong with it. I enjoy the game very much and like to follow up on it regualarly. I also think that its great what these canadians are doing for the game in Canada. With no support what so ever.

I was just passing on the information from the Argentinean news paper www.losandes.com.ar that commentated on him. This is Pinillas team in Italy first division. his team plays in the Ueaf futsal cup

http://www.arzignano-grifo.com/squadre/primasquadra.html

http://www.futsalplanet.com/news/news-01.asp?id=7825

http://www.arzignano-grifo.com/squadre/primasquadra.html

If the info is wrong so be it, since it is a reputable newspaper I'm sure the source is reputable itself. Why can there not be any FIFA players at this tournamet. There has been no official rule against players playing in both organizations!

Heres another link the form coach from this Canadian National "AMF" team (not fifa so dont get rattled) has been signed by the Qatar National FIFA team. THis was in Centennial College the qualifiers were held here for the Panamericans Club Championships in Peru

http://www.futsalplanet.com/news/news-01.asp?id=7761

Cheers!

Archived